Author Topic: Worst crash EVER!  (Read 3528 times)

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
Re: Worst crash EVER!
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2010, 04:43:03 AM »
Joe, this is a bum deal to see.  Don't give up just yet.  My doctor tried to tell me I would never walk without a cane again...and I just told him he was "full of sh*t". 

You can't quit riding...you're a 4130 lifer.  It will always be in your blood, even if all you can do is endos the rest of your life.

Much respect homie...heal up and concentrate on your health for a bit.
"A puppet no more!"

Offline That Joe Miller

• Cliffhanger
    • Unknown Sports
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2010, 03:19:01 PM »
GO TO A PHYSICAL THERAPIST!

this is extremely important if you want to get your range of motion back to as close to normal as possible.  It will prob never be the same though.

I don't know if you've ever had such a bad break before but after you heal up and you get your cast off and start beginning the therapy exercises, it is going to be as stiff as hell and hurt like a mother.  Just bare the pain and in the begininning, don't worry about increasing your strength too much.  Just stretch the hell out of it as much as you can to get your range back up.

When I shattered my wrist, it took a while to heal, and then I was able to ride with the plate still in.  I'm guessing your wires are not as strong as plates, and the risk of re-breaking is still there until they are removed and everything is fully healed.  But I just got my screws n plate removed a couple months ago and had to go through the whole restrenghtening process yet again.

To me, the initial therapy hurts more than the actual break.  But it is extremely important.  My wife has seen so many people slack off during that process bc they can't deal with the pain and then their range of motion just SUCKS and they never understand why.  bc you didn't do your effin therapy you idiot!  

Can't say it enough.  Keep at it though and you will be back on your bike in no time.  Good luck to ya.

I do understand 'bout rehab in 98 I had my right acl reconstructed, and I am an orthopedic nurse professionally. Thanks for the advice, and I assure everyone that it WILL NOT be pain or lack of effort that gets in the way of my triumphant return.
That Joe miller

Offline robpossible

• GF Inhabitant
  • Crackpacker to kitchen table
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2010, 03:32:39 PM »
Glad to hear it Joe, good luck!
1st law of thermodynamics: Energy can not be created or destroyed, it only changes in form.