Author Topic: Saskatoon Berry Jam by Cory Stratychuk  (Read 5905 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Saskatoon Berry Jam by Cory Stratychuk
« on: July 07, 2010, 11:57:26 PM »
The contest was held as planned at Archibald Arena on Saturday and had a total of twenty entries.  We ran three hours of open practice and then began the amateur portion.  The amateurs then had one hour designated to best trick and then another hour to compete for the top three rankings.  The best trick contest was won by Rob Shaw of Edmonton with a very smooth back wheel combo that lasted close to a minute.  The top three finishers in the contest were Eric Alvin (Vancouver), Rob Shaw (Edmonton), and Billy Gordon (Vancouver).

Pro best trick was awarded to Kevin Desautels from Winnipeg for a front wheel combo that contained many difficult switches and lasted well over a minute.  The pro contest was also won by Kevin Desautels followed by Edmonton icons Percy Marshall IV and Cory Fester in 2nd and 3rd respectively.

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Saskatoon Berry Jam by Cory Stratychuk
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 06:31:14 AM »
Right On! Congrats to the riders!

N
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

Offline Stereolab

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 06:21:46 PM »
I never realized that those guys were from Edmonton, or that Edmonton was so far from Vancouver.

For some reason I always picture all the Canadian guys living right around each other, despite Canada's giant size.

Offline Paulatrix

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 11:02:02 PM »
I never realized that those guys were from Edmonton, or that Edmonton was so far from Vancouver.

For some reason I always picture all the Canadian guys living right around each other, despite Canada's giant size.

Most of the Van guys (and me) flew to the SBJ, cause its pretty much a 2 day drive.  Most Flatlanders accept, and for the most part embrace, that you have to  travel to go to these types of contests/jams.  But I gotta say it, I'm disappointed with the lack of Ontario representation.  Afterall, I know that distance isn't a factor for most of them, seeing how they've travelled to all corners of this continent to ride. *miss them :'( and they're definitely missing out when it comes to this event!

But I'm stoked that I finally got a chance to ride with those Manitoba flattys. Always the best sessioning with riders you just met.  :mellow:

Offline Rob Shaw

• Backpacker
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 07:53:17 AM »
my first best trick, and my first second place ;D ;D ;D hands down the best berry jam ever! so many crazy things went down that weekend. the only downside was that certain people were unable to make the trip(due to gayness?), and sqeeters :angry: very uncool

Offline Theory

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 03:22:12 PM »

But I gotta say it, I'm disappointed with the lack of Ontario representation.  Afterall, I know that distance isn't a factor for most of them, seeing how they've travelled to all corners of this continent to ride. *miss them :'( and they're definitely missing out when it comes to this event!

I was super pumped for this and I had planed on coming up since T-O, however I had to fix my car 2 weeks before the trip and then couldn't really afford both the car and the trip and pay for Dayton next month :(

Offline Rob Shaw

• Backpacker
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 12:16:55 AM »
vid almost ready(i hope). cant wait to see my sub par riding haha :P

Offline Stereolab

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 01:26:00 AM »

Most of the Van guys (and me) flew to the SBJ, cause its pretty much a 2 day drive.  Most Flatlanders accept, and for the most part embrace, that you have to  travel to go to these types of contests/jams.  But I gotta say it, I'm disappointed with the lack of Ontario representation.  Afterall, I know that distance isn't a factor for most of them, seeing how they've travelled to all corners of this continent to ride. *miss them :'( and they're definitely missing out when it comes to this event!

But I'm stoked that I finally got a chance to ride with those Manitoba flattys. Always the best sessioning with riders you just met.  :mellow:

Wait--you're from Vancouver?  I think you had the Smart Car parked next to me at a York Jam a few years back--you drove from frickin Vancouver?!

Offline Rob Shaw

• Backpacker
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 09:11:20 AM »
vid is up on facebook

Offline SNOOP

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 09:26:11 AM »
A link to the facebook vid would be dope Rob...

Offline corystrat

• Forkglider
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 01:07:22 PM »
Thanks to everyone who made this possible- especially the riders who showed up.  It was a blast!

SBJ 7.0 am (Saskatoon Berry Jam) Small | Large

I should have the pro one ready in the next couple of weeks.

Offline trevoro

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2010, 07:09:58 PM »
nice!