Author Topic: flatland...camps?  (Read 7613 times)

Offline Mr.Jowee

• GF Inhabitant
Re: flatland...camps?
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2010, 11:56:24 PM »
For some reason I can't get the idea of how awesome a flatland camp would be. I'd seriously take my two weeks of vacation and volunteer as a camp counselor. I'm not very good at flatland, but I'm bald so parents take me seriously.

Here's a short list I found after a 5 minute search for facility rentals.

http://www.summercamps.com/Camp_Rental/

"Some men see things as they are and ask 'why'. I dream things that never were and ask 'why not'."

Offline Tommy Point

• Forkglider
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2010, 12:14:35 AM »
I went to Woodward in 89' or 90' with a flat focus. My instructors were Chase and Bill Neuman. There may have been as many flat riders as street/vert back then, though that may just be how I perceived it.

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2010, 03:41:52 PM »
I taught flatland at woodward pa in 1991. Went as a camper in 87 and 89 for flatland.

Good times.

1987 woodward camp flatland area.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 05:04:35 PM by FreeEnterprise »

Offline GRFN.FLAT.

• Deathtrucker
  • that's some scooby-snacks right thurr
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2010, 08:08:53 PM »
well it sounds like we have counselors...we could just have everyone stay at TJ's house and eat his food...every other day could be cat-activity-day haha...

we actually could probably make a flat-camp somewhere in the US if we tried...the problem is just that it doesn't seem like theres a lot of KIDS into flat these days.

Offline Havokflat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2010, 09:27:33 PM »
the problem is that it doesn't seem like theres a lot of KIDS into flat these days.
none around here, in Memphis.
if it ain't dirt jumps or racing they just don't seem to care for it. :angry:
The french don't know Rock & Roll.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2010, 11:52:52 PM »
well it sounds like we have counselors...we could just have everyone stay at TJ's house and eat his food...every other day could be cat-activity-day haha...

we actually could probably make a flat-camp somewhere in the US if we tried...the problem is just that it doesn't seem like theres a lot of KIDS into flat these days.

If people want to make the drive, I would be more than happy to put people up. Hell, I love cooking and would be glad to make dinner provided everyone pitches in money to pay for the cost of ingredients.

Offline Havokflat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2010, 11:57:56 PM »

If people want to make the drive, I would be more than happy to put people up. Hell, I love cooking and would be glad to make dinner provided everyone pitches in money to pay for the cost of ingredients.
what city are you in again?
my wife went to a funeral last week in NC, but i had to watch the kids.
she mentioned going back in the fall...
The french don't know Rock & Roll.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2010, 11:59:10 PM »
I live in Richmond VA.

Offline Mr.Jowee

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2010, 01:36:25 AM »

There in lies the rub. If you think about it, it's a catch 22. An overnight flatland camp would attract more kids, but it can't exist without a younger customer base.

Offline Tommy Point

• Forkglider
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2010, 04:18:02 AM »
Just a thought, but what if it was a single week-long, adult flatland retreat, held in summer camp facilities in the off season, as suggested above? Not a bad vacation. Probably very expensive to rent suitable places, though, and incredibly difficult to organize.

Offline GRFN.FLAT.

• Deathtrucker
  • that's some scooby-snacks right thurr
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2010, 04:55:08 AM »
Just a thought, but what if it was a single week-long, adult flatland retreat, held in summer camp facilities in the off season, as suggested above? Not a bad vacation. Probably very expensive to rent suitable places, though, and incredibly difficult to organize.

organize? alright: ONDO! PUT THIS TOGETHER

haha

no that would be sick though, just like an over-all flatland 5 day campout? it could be like ON a campground, as long as it had some ball courts or tennis courts or a big, flat parking lot

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2010, 02:19:01 PM »
For some reason I can't get the idea of how awesome a flatland camp would be. I'd seriously take my two weeks of vacation and volunteer as a camp counselor. I'm not very good at flatland, but I'm bald so parents take me seriously.

Here's a short list I found after a 5 minute search for facility rentals.

http://www.summercamps.com/Camp_Rental/

"Some men see things as they are and ask 'why'. I dream things that never were and ask 'why not'."

Very nice. Good thoughts come into being.

N
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 02:21:27 PM by ASC »
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

Offline Rod Deichler

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2010, 08:06:08 AM »
sorry about bumping an old post but this topic really interests me. A flatland camp would be awesome if only Woodward West had flatland  :angry: