Author Topic: flatland...camps?  (Read 3808 times)

Offline GRFN.FLAT.

• Deathtrucker
  • that's some scooby-snacks right thurr
flatland...camps?
« on: July 05, 2010, 09:47:07 PM »
i got to thinking once again, and i was thinking about places like camp of champions, windells, high cascade snowboard camp, woodward, etc, and i was wondering if there's a camp ANYWHERE that was for flatland. i did some google searching but to no avail. does anyone have any like secret knowledge on this? i would be kinda surprised if there wasn't at least ONE camp somewhere in this world where you could spend way too much money to spend 5 days getting coached on flatland with some peers.

Offline tylerlong

• Hitchhiker
Re: flatland...camps?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 09:51:25 PM »
I dont know if there is but it would be awesome!

Offline 5hane

• Backpacker
  • Beginner rider / 7 months
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 10:01:54 PM »
DUDE!!! You might be on to something here. And we could have coed bunk beds!!!  Oh, ya flatland is gay and hardly any chicks around.  But still sounds awesome  :beer:
It's not about the bike. - Lance Armstrong

Offline ollie

• Backpacker
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 10:20:01 PM »
It is gonna be exactly like as you described:D

http://www.original-gypsy.com/articles/ogcontest2010eng/

It will be fun with a lot of riders and place!

Offline b_ron

• GF Inhabitant
    • PbNation
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 10:26:06 PM »
japan had a flatland clinic. looked really fun

Red Bull Flatland Clinic Small | Large
Signing out...

Offline manniedamaniac

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 10:51:59 PM »
I saw a old school flatland video on utube and i think the guy in the video wrote in the description he taught flatland at woodward?? IDK if its tru 

Offline bloodydevil96

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 12:49:56 AM »
I wish

Offline xBonesx

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 07:50:35 AM »
So who wants to buy out an apartment complex with a sweet ass parking lot? Lol
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 07:58:35 AM by xBonesx »

Offline D

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2010, 07:03:21 PM »
Woodward used to teach flatland at camp.  Degroot worked there a few summers bitd I think.  I'm sure there's someone there who at least teaches the basics.  There's definitely enough space. 

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2010, 10:23:22 PM »
I've offered people a place to stay in Richmond if they want to come ride. I'd tutor your ass every day for no other cost than what it would cost you to feed yourself. I have two extra rooms and 3 couches.

Just tossin' that out there for dudes in virginia who don't mind two cats stepping on their face in the middle of the night.

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2010, 10:26:43 PM »
I've offered people a place to stay in Richmond if they want to come ride. I'd tutor your ass every day for no other cost than what it would cost you to feed yourself. I have two extra rooms and 3 couches.

Just tossin' that out there for dudes in virginia who don't mind two cats stepping on their face in the middle of the night.

But the cats are sooooo good. Believe me.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2010, 10:33:11 PM »

But the cats are sooooo good. Believe me.

Rad can attest to how much room I have. It's kind of ridiculous. Don't mind the giant broccoli in the living room or the banana hanging from the ceiling. 

Offline Mr.Jowee

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2010, 12:04:54 AM »
The ideal situation would be to find an existing summer camp that has a large indoor area suitable for flatland (or buy some plywood and lay it down), and use the place off-season. All of the essentials would be in place; sleeping quarters, a cafeteria, insurance... the internet. They would also have other things to do, like go carts or swimming or what ever. I've seen Meatballs; I know what goes on at camp. But I would imagine that these types of places are probably open for regular business during the entirety of the summer, so it would have to pander to a slightly older crowd (who are more likely to take a vacation when they want rather than having to wait for school). That means there could be less supervision, and there would probably be more weed. So it's win/win.

Anyway, top the entire thing off with a large contest at the end of the two weeks, using the vacant cabins rather than hotels. The contest would certainly have a different feel to it, as there would be no bars or anything for an after party. A bonfire and a live band?

Offline Ken NJ

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2010, 12:49:15 AM »
^^^Meatballs is dope!!!!  gnip gnabs for everyone!!!  ^^^

TJ, i'm going to have to take you up on the offer..  i need to learn how to spin & turbine...  i have family out there and my bro and i will be in the area soon...
flat rules everything around me f.r.e.a.m.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2010, 01:01:38 AM »
^^^Meatballs is dope!!!!  gnip gnabs for everyone!!!  ^^^

TJ, i'm going to have to take you up on the offer..  i need to learn how to spin & turbine...  i have family out there and my bro and i will be in the area soon...

Learning how to do both of these things on my lot would be kind of like training on jupiter if it had a solid surface, but you'd certainly be able to do it anywhere else ahaha