Author Topic: HELP ME CHOOSE MY NEW FRAME!!!!!!  (Read 4023 times)

Offline GRFN.FLAT.

• Deathtrucker
  • that's some scooby-snacks right thurr
Re: HELP ME CHOOSE MY NEW FRAME!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2010, 09:44:43 PM »
A) who cares

b) they come out with a new edition like every year, so no

Offline b_ron

• GF Inhabitant
    • PbNation
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2010, 11:02:58 PM »
Yes I have a starter bike, its a KHE millitant LT. but i would like to upgrade it, i think im gonna go with the Swizz Miss bar, the colony cube fork, suelo brakes, wakanabe seat, and new crank bearings and axel. i am still not sure about wich frame im gonna buy, but i think it might be one of "2flat2furious's" idears, and by the way thanks alot for the list. i think that im gonna choose the Zion Luna, because of the look and its great specs.

By the way.... can anyone tell me why everybody thinks the colony cube frame is sooooo great?????

who is "everybody"?
i ride the cube, and it works. not sure what "great" means. it rides and feels nice i guess

and you're basicially building up a bike from scratch if that is everything you are "upgrading"

the zion luna is better than the zion lowkee..... rite?? or am i totally wrong here?
what is your definition of 'better'
Signing out...

Offline K.Wong

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2010, 10:51:35 AM »
So what you are saying is that the Eiffel is not a good frame???? should i then go with the zion luna??? or something else?? :huh:

my weight is 87 kg
and i am about 1,7 meters high

EVERYONE PLZ HELP A FELLOW FLATLANDER OUT!  :huh:

i wouldn't say the eiffel is a bad frame, just that if i've the option to go remake my purchase, it wouldn't be the eiffel - would order the sickchild metropolitian instead.

i like my frames the way i like my women - curvy...

zion luna: seen it, never rode it - like the looks and the welding seems decent on the 2nd-hand sample i saw;

colony cube 2010 version: seen it at the lbs, never rode it - the way the bends on the frame are made are horrible (top tube-seattube), welding at the chainstay-bb area could be better (more regular and uniform in size); for the money you are paying for this frame, you should expect better...

i think the twenty frame is value for money - full heat treatment, straight tubes, good clearence under toptube: it was high on my to-buy list but couldn't find much reviews on it thus i purchased my eiffel as it was available locally; and the warrenty from st. martin is good - most people who broke their st. martin parts or frames got warrentied, so...

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2010, 07:26:39 PM »

i wouldn't say the eiffel is a bad frame, just that if i've the option to go remake my purchase, it wouldn't be the eiffel - would order the sickchild metropolitian instead.

I would. Their quality control is terrible and the geometry on their frames (12 inch back ends lmao) are just jokes.

Offline K.Wong

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2010, 11:58:43 AM »
I would. Their quality control is terrible and the geometry on their frames (12 inch back ends lmao) are just jokes.

works for most japanese and asian riders who slammed their rear tires.
to each his own...your bike, your set up.
i won't laugh/mock @ your 13.5" rear wheel spacing choice and your choices of bike setups; and isn't a wonder why people dislike you, with statements like that.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 08:07:38 AM by K.Wong »

Offline HighLander

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2010, 04:36:03 PM »
This is why i like GF,sometimes i dont even have to ask questions about parts of frames!They are answerd by fellow riders!Thanks!Im looking to upgrade my frame and one of my choices is the Effiel.And yes i do like the super rear short end.There have been conserns about the quality of this frame(flex?) but if it has a good warranty,its good enough 4 me.I tested the StMartin Diamond and its a Solid ride.I really like the Simple V3 too.Quamen,Sick Child awesome frames too but $350+?sorry,am on a buget.Bang 4 the Buck is what we look 4.Mmmm,what to get? :) beer:)
One Last Ride.

Offline megarawdeal

• Backpacker
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2010, 11:15:42 PM »
You're better off just buying something that has a neutral frame design/geometry. Ride it enough and you'll get used to anything.

Offline megarawdeal

• Backpacker
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2010, 06:19:02 AM »
If my paris ever ends up breaking bad enough to not be repairable by rewelding, I'll likely replace it with a suelo simple v2. Seems like a great frame for the price.