Author Topic: strowler and park footage?  (Read 1833 times)

strowler and park footage?
« on: July 04, 2010, 01:30:02 AM »
iv read how the strowler can handle some park/street....im a bit unsure tobe honest
Reason im asking in got my paws on a 2009 with a 9t cassete wheel and i wanna throw my parts on it and take it to the local park, till iv got my other bmx built up
Any footage of you guys riding this frame to its limits? Grinding a rail or 2 ect ect

Offline SNOOP

• GF Inhabitant
Re: strowler and park footage?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 02:01:42 AM »
Not to be rude. But a video of someone riding a frame is not a good way to guage how tough/ strong it is. If you like it..And you already own it *obviously* then just ride it and thrash it. Sidewall distro/hoffman in general are pretty good about there warranties, so if anything should arrise from that..There pretty easily accessible to state your complaints. My $0.02

Offline sakis

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 08:26:49 PM »
strowler is not designed for street or park.
(some people might ride though without problems,but it is not the same strong as a street designed frame.
i guess the downtube that is oval doesnt let you ride harder types of riding as it will bend or even crack near the welds.)
Hoffman will not guarantee you a cracked strowler from riding street,thats what i was told from hoffman bikes when i emailed them to ask if the frame is strong for street riding.
but yeah it must be superstrong for flat and can take some street punishment i guess since it has thicker tubes.
i guess there will not be a problem from grinding rails since you will not hop very high

Offline Flatland-Cris

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 09:01:53 PM »
i dont mean to be rude but if you wunna ride park and street....BUY A f*ckING STREET BIKE! lol you can use a streetbike for flat you cant really use a flatland frame for heavy street riding sorry if it sounds like im being a complete cunt but im not just buy a street bike throw a short stem zero bars and a taller seat post and there you go
Keep it flat!

Offline b_ron

• GF Inhabitant
    • PbNation
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 09:17:36 PM »
or you can buy a street/flat hybrid frame
Signing out...

Offline megarawdeal

• Backpacker
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 10:21:22 PM »
I've ridden park with my old strowler and never ran into any problems.

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 12:21:31 AM »
lol i kno wat u lot saying just wanted to try it out......tobe honest its not my style of frame

Offline SNOOP

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2010, 12:49:40 AM »
Whyd you buy it then?

Offline Flatland-Cris

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2010, 10:42:07 PM »
Whyd you buy it then?
haha legend +1
Keep it flat!

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2010, 01:49:15 AM »
i didnt actualy i was given from a street rider who wanted to try flat but never got around to riding the frame

Offline D

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2010, 07:13:20 PM »
Works for Kevin....

http://www.elephantglide.com/photo/dsc01102-1?context=user

http://www.elephantglide.com/photo/kevinjones20094-1?context=user

http://www.elephantglide.com/photo/dsc01100-1?context=user

From what I understand, Kevin designed the bike to be a freestyle, all around bike, especially the 19.75" one.  The K has always ridden everything.  Not sure what's up with HB's warranty dept., but if you cracked one riding street I would point to these pics of Kev on that exact same bike. 

Offline wolfpuppet

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2010, 04:59:47 AM »
Works for Kevin....

From what I understand, Kevin designed the bike to be a freestyle, all around bike, especially the 19.75" one.  The K has always ridden everything.  Not sure what's up with HB's warranty dept., but if you cracked one riding street I would point to these pics of Kev on that exact same bike. 

Yeah, it'd be strange if HB doesn't honor the warranty when there are picture of the guy who designed the bike riding street on it.

I should check the warranty info on mine when I get home....