Author Topic: TORONTO FLATJAM - SUNDAY JUNE 27TH CHRISTY PITS!  (Read 5220 times)

Offline lachlan

• Cliffhanger
    • http://www.ontarioflatland.com
TORONTO FLATJAM - SUNDAY JUNE 27TH CHRISTY PITS!
« on: June 22, 2010, 07:03:20 PM »
Hey everyone!
I'm hosting another jam this sunday June the 27th at Cristie Pits!
I'll be out around 12ish and riding till sun down.
To get to christie Pits you take the green subway line to the christie pits subway station and the park is at that subway stop in a outdoor hockey rink.
Being water, bike tools and food and lets RIDE!
Message me if you have any questions!
LET[/size] [span style=\'color:orange\']LOOSE[/span] and never doubt[/size] yourself because if you do, you will fall.

Offline Theory

• Cliffhanger
Re: TORONTO FLATJAM - SUNDAY JUNE 27TH CHRISTY PITS!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 09:21:44 PM »
Is this accessible for out of towners with all the G20 going on? Are the highways shut down?

Offline lachlan

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 09:26:33 PM »
Is this accessible for out of towners with all the G20 going on? Are the highways shut down?

TTC WEBSITE:
Although the TTC and GO Transit continue to, officially, operate regular service, we noticed, during our travels yesterday in downtown Toronto and at Exhibition Place, and from readers’ e-mails and tweets that, already, things aren’t quite “normal” for transit riders.

Simply: Expect delays on all buses and streetcars operating through the financial district.

My advise, just drive to a subway station and take off to cristy pists but expect delays :)
LET[/size] [span style=\'color:orange\']LOOSE[/span] and never doubt[/size] yourself because if you do, you will fall.

Offline flatario

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 10:26:14 PM »
ill be there of course, what subway stop is best to get off of?

Offline ElliottA

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 04:20:50 AM »
Will see you there Sunday.  Had to take a few days off after Thursday sunburn and right ankle pain from Smith decades, but ready to go again soon.
 :mellow:
ElliottA

Offline froghammer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 04:52:51 AM »
Crap. Wish I could make it, but I'm out of town for a bit. Have fun, guys.
It truly is a romance of many dimensions, isn't it?

http://www.froghammer.com

Offline deeve

• Hitchhiker
  • 90s cool.
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 06:32:04 AM »
Too bad about the G20.

I am going to be up at Stage West on Saturday night, staying overnight then coming home. I would show up if it werent for G20 and the stupid protestors.

Granted I would likely be just hanging out and watching :)
Old School N00b

Offline lachlan

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 12:51:09 PM »
ill be there of course, what subway stop is best to get off of?

Matt - Get off at the Cristie Pits subway station. The park is right at the station, just find the rink :)

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 04:07:37 AM »
Lachlan...thought I post here for Toronto Flatlanders: Maybe of interest and to take part...

This from the Manifesto founder Che Kothari:
MANIFESTO FESTIVAL 2010
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

MCs. DJs. Painters. Dancers. Singers. Fashion designers. Photographers. Producers. Designers. Illustrators. New media artists. Young entrepreneurs. Artists of all kinds... It’s about that time. The Manifesto Festival showcases emerging local artists on a world-class city-wide platform, we want to see what you’re up to.

Go to www.themanifesto.ca/submissions today to apply.

Spread the word.

DEADLINE >> JULY 10TH 2010

One love.
MANIFESTO.

...N
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 04:11:10 AM by ASC »
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

Offline lachlan

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2010, 04:04:34 PM »
Lachlan...thought I post here for Toronto Flatlanders: Maybe of interest and to take part...

MANIFESTO FESTIVAL 2010
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

MCs. DJs. Painters. Dancers. Singers. Fashion designers. Photographers. Producers. Designers. Illustrators. New media artists. Young entrepreneurs. Artists of all kinds... It’s about that time. The Manifesto Festival showcases emerging local artists on a world-class city-wide platform, we want to see what you’re up to.

Spread the word.

One love.
MANIFESTO.

...N

Neela, can we enter for flatland? It seems it is only for break dancing....

Offline flatario

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2010, 10:39:02 PM »

MANIFESTO FESTIVAL 2010
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

Spread the word.

One love.
MANIFESTO.

...N

Neela, can we enter for flatland? It seems it is only for break dancing....

Hey lach you notice the work shops section? That is kind of interesting, teach people the kind of first things to get into flat and how about it and what not. Kind of a cool idea, ill talk to ya about it sunday.

Offline JEizzle

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2010, 03:36:34 AM »
seeing as i live 5mins from the pits that place is probably  going to be flooded tomorrow from the rain today, takes a few days to dry
if it is theres a few good spots not to far from the pits
Keele and st clair or Dufferin and dupont spots, both really good

Offline flatario

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2010, 04:24:35 AM »
seeing as i live 5mins from the pits that place is probably  going to be flooded tomorrow from the rain today, takes a few days to dry
if it is theres a few good spots not to far from the pits
Keele and st clair or Dufferin and dupont spots, both really good

ya i heard this as well from someone else, we will still meet at the pitts though as last minute changes are  never good so we may as well as meet there and move from that.

Offline Leone4130

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2010, 09:15:15 PM »
awe i missed it, why do i always find these jams when its too late??? PLEASE let me know of any other jams comin up in the area, Im a mere 2 hrs away (Simcoe Ontario)

Offline flatario

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2010, 04:02:33 AM »
awe i missed it, why do i always find these jams when its too late??? PLEASE let me know of any other jams comin up in the area, Im a mere 2 hrs away (Simcoe Ontario)

for sure dude, in fact there just might be a jam coming up the weekend of the 10th believe as Jeff D has been talking about holding a jam. No real info for it as of yet but once i hear something from jeff or lachlan i will be sure to send it your way.  Also do you have facebook at all? A lot of us use it announce whenever we are heading downtown or to an event so it can be quite useful in that aspect. If not ill just make sure yo try and remember to send a msg your way whenever anything is going down.