Author Topic: TAKAHIRO IKEDA -June 2010- Ground Tactics  (Read 6969 times)

Offline flatario

• Funky Chicken
TAKAHIRO IKEDA -June 2010- Ground Tactics
« on: June 19, 2010, 08:18:12 PM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPJftqvpBn0&playnext_from=TL&videos=wKIBq-vagWQ&feature=sub[/youtube]

Offline DaviD (dave0)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Flatland from Israel
Re: TAKAHIRO IKEDA -June 2010- Ground Tactics
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 08:25:27 PM »
I feel like moto sasaki took my virginity. After I saw his vid nothing will be the same  :rolleyes:

Although this vid is very good too   :P

Offline Mr. Acid Green

• Backpacker
  • beware of the TROLL.
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 08:55:28 PM »
I feel like moto sasaki took my virginity. After I saw his vid nothing will be the same  :rolleyes:

Although this vid is very good too   :P

yeah i feel the same  :P

thanks lord im not a judge, is a awesome video too nice original style... :beer:
please dont set yourself on fire.

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 01:24:55 AM »
Very original rider and sick tricks but I think it would be even better if he put a little more variety in his run with some front wheel action.
I'm waiting until he does that step over without laying the bike on the ground. That will be sick.

Offline Stereolab

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 04:46:31 AM »
Incredible video.  Martti's contest is turning out to be the best thing in the history of ever.

I think Moto is in the lead; however it comes down to how the videos are judged.  If Takahiro's video were to place higher, I would have no problem with it.  Tons of originality, style, control, and sheer entertainment value.

Offline Stereolab

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 04:48:15 AM »
And to people who think "style" shouldn't be considered in contests, this video is some evidence of why I disagree.  He absolutely OWNS that bike and those tricks.  It's more impressive to me than if someone were tentative and sketchy while doing the same stuff.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 06:29:29 AM »
And to people who think "style" shouldn't be considered in contests, this video is some evidence of why I disagree. 

Then this is why you shouldn't judge.

If you have the tricks dialed enough to pull this consistently your style is going to emerge naturally anyway. The reason style isn't judged is because its personal preference.

Offline b_ron

• GF Inhabitant
    • PbNation
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 09:56:07 AM »
why are  the finals or whatever of ground tactics  all 3 minute unedited filled with crazy combos?
Signing out...

Offline NicliJJ

• Forkglider
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 10:14:28 AM »
OMG
backwheel ftw :D

Offline DaviD (dave0)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Flatland from Israel
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2010, 01:17:47 PM »
why are  the finals or whatever of ground tactics  all 3 minute unedited filled with crazy combos?
because thats what martti asked for.

Offline Stereolab

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2010, 04:17:10 PM »
And to people who think "style" shouldn't be considered in contests, this video is some evidence of why I disagree. 

Then this is why you shouldn't judge.

If you have the tricks dialed enough to pull this consistently your style is going to emerge naturally anyway. The reason style isn't judged is because its personal preference.

I just don't agree.  In baseball, there's consensus as to who has the best swing.  In acting, there's consensus as to who can deliver their lines the best.  In figure skating, there's consensus as to who has the best form.  I just don't think flatland's any different.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2010, 04:19:05 PM »
I just don't agree.  In baseball, there's consensus as to who has the best swing.  In acting, there's consensus as to who can deliver their lines the best.  In figure skating, there's consensus as to who has the best form.  I just don't think flatland's any different.

You don't have to think flatland is any different. However, if I do one of Motos tricks flawlessly, and Moto does one of his tricks flawlessly, our styles are going to be vastly different. So who is better there?

Offline Stereolab

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2010, 04:23:30 PM »

You don't have to think flatland is any different. However, if I do one of Motos tricks flawlessly, and Moto does one of his tricks flawlessly, our styles are going to be vastly different. So who is better there?

We'd know when we watched it.  If you were to duplicate Moto's link, you both would score about a million points under Chad's old scoring system (although I think I saw some deductions for scuffing there)...but that's just not how I think flatland should be judged.

Offline Havokflat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2010, 04:24:36 PM »

maybe he should have said, form, instead of style.
in baseball you don't win for having the best swing; it has nothing to do
with who goes home the winner. maybe skating is similar, because if Tj and Moto
did the same run and both were 'flawless', then wouldn't smoothness/form account
for a little if all other things were equal?
The french don't know Rock & Roll.

Offline Stereolab

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2010, 04:31:52 PM »

maybe he should have said, form, instead of style.
in baseball you don't win for having the best swing; it has nothing to do
with who goes home the winner. maybe skating is similar, because if Tj and Moto
did the same run and both were 'flawless', then wouldn't smoothness/form account
for a little if all other things were equal?

That's a fair point...but just as the baseball players with the best swings often have the best batting averages (and therefore do help their teams win), the riders with the best style (or form, or whatever) often are more likely to hit their tricks, in addition to making them look better.