Author Topic: Kimīs Bikes Flatland Jam 2010  (Read 7590 times)

News_Bot

Kimīs Bikes Flatland Jam 2010
« on: June 16, 2010, 11:40:58 PM »
Date: 10.07.2010

This is an upstart project.  Everyone who enters the Flatland Jam 2010 will be entered to win a new Redline RL1.1,  Maximum of 50 entries...so you have a one in 50 chance to go home with a NEW REDLINE RL1.1!!  This is not a competition.  The winner of the Redline will be based solely on a draw, not on the performance of the jam.  To win, you have to jam...if you don´t participate in the Jam, you cannot win. So, just come and have fun!!! Jam is limited to the first 50 entrants so register early at Kim´s Bikes! Registration is $10.

Check out www.kimsbikes.net for more info.

Offline pitdog504

• Cliffhanger
Re: Kimīs Bikes Flatland Jam 2010
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 03:10:29 PM »
Who's running this???

Offline tbos

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 01:58:53 AM »
and why would I pre-register for a jam that is not a contest and no performance will be measured. ;)

Offline Santoken

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 11:49:32 PM »
We (Kim's Bikes) is hosting the event.  I get what your are saying about pre-registering for an event that is not a contest.  But, we are giving away a large amount of free stuff and we wanted it to be worth everyone's while...that's why we limited it to 50 entrants.  You don't need to pre-register, but when all 50 spots are taken, that's it...no more entries will be accepted.

We are giving away a new Redline RL1.1 as well as LOTS of other stuff.  Everyone will go home with something (to include t-shirts, hats, parts, etc.).

I know the format seems a bit odd, but we wanted an event that we all can just come out, have some fun and then go home with free stuff...

Offline wolverines

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 03:38:59 AM »
^^^   agreed. 

Offline Santoken

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 03:55:43 AM »
A couple more points that warrant posting...

1) The event will be in a parking lot on 2-year-old asphalt.

2) A bit of a selfish reason for the format:  we are working on increasing cycling awareness in our area...we were hoping that this Jam would attract some good talent to show our boys what can be done on a bike...this is why we tried to temper the competitive element with a raffle at the end.

3) A professional DJ will be onsight for the event, as well.

Thoughts?

Offline wolverines

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 04:15:02 AM »
I think you're the person I spoke to over the phone regarding the event(Tim from Louisville)

I never got a chance to talk to you or even make the comment of "that I think you have something very positive here, and the way it seems , it can only grow from there"

I didn't also want to take up a lot of your time and talk about camping arrangements and such.   

My wife and I plan on being there on some time early Friday, and would like a bit more info on where is the best, yet most cost effective place to camp at.   

I can be reached through private message or better yet, just post it here .......

I look forward to meeting you in a few short week. 

Take care,

Tim

Offline Santoken

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 06:27:05 PM »
Yep, that was me!  Good talking to you.

I appreciate your words of confidence.  As I posted earlier, we are just trying to get a bunch of riders together, have some fun, jam out and let everyone show off what they can do.  We have a lot of 'misguided' youth in the area.  Seems they are constantly finding trouble on bikes...ride in areas they shouldn't be, etc.  The local park sports an area for them to ride, but because it doesn't have ramps, funboxes and halfpipes, they have little interest.  So, we thought that by offering a flatland event, the local youth might get more interested in a non-obstacle riding format...especially if we could attract some talented riders.

Any other thoughts, suggestions, ideas, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

The best place to stay while in Loudonville is Mohican Adventures.  Check out http://www.mohicanadventures.com/.  They are not the cheapest, but they are the best gig in town.  Not sure if you are looking for primative, in-the-woods camping or a cabin along the river...either way, they've got it.  Plus, it's a very clean, family oriented facility with a nice bath-house, indoor swimming pool, etc...just really a nice place.  Also, they are located still in town, so you are very close to civility...like the pizza joints, shopping, grocery store, etc.  And, there is an East of Chicago Pizza and East Sports Pub  :beer: right next to Mohican Adventures...just within stumbling distance  ;D

If that's not what you are looking for, check out:
http://www.riverrunfamilycampground.com/
http://www.arrowpointcampground.com/
http://www.3smiths.com/
http://www.mohicanreservation.com/
http://www.mohicanwilderness.com/

Dunno if you are into mountain biking, but this is some of the best in the northeastern US...in fact, Mohican SF trail is rated in the top 25 in the nation!  It is some wicked mountain biking...if you are interested, we can hook you up with a ride.

Offline tbos

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 03:30:49 AM »
It's not about the 'stuff' you know, it's about riding with a bunch of fun guys. :)

Thanks for the clarification.

Offline wolverines

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 03:44:21 AM »
I got bad news .......I just re-injured my hamstring yet again , but I still plan on coming anyways even if I can't ride. 

Just being able to camp, and be around good company is a great!! The riding would of just been a bonus......so I will still be there rain or shine - bike or not. 

Offline pitdog504

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2010, 04:34:04 PM »
Sorry to hear that tim, i was hoping to ride with you again soon.  Anyway it isn't too far so I will be there unless i have to work or something. 

marty

Offline wolverines

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2010, 06:45:37 PM »
Well, it looks like I won't be able to make it after all.....I will be having my surgery the Thursday before the event.    I have tried absolutely everything to stay current on my knee/leg condition and try to stay somewhat current on some of my tricks.  When I talked to the doctor this morning , she said it looks like I will be in a stabilizer to keep my knee from bending, so even walking will be out of the question.

Sorry, I wish I could come weather I rode or not and even just enjoy camping out, but just not this year.....=(

Offline Santoken

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2010, 10:24:06 PM »
Oh, wow, that sucks!  I hope all goes well with the surgery.  I'm sure if this goes even remotely ok and can be developed, there will be more in the years to come.

Offline Santoken

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2010, 03:56:20 AM »
Ok, Kim and I were going through what Redline sent us for giveaways...LOTS of good stuff...grips, pegs, bars, Monster Crank arms, Pryme 8 Helmets, gloves, on and on and on.  This is really getting good.  As stated, everyone will get something good....more than likely worth more than their entry fee!

You better plan on being here!!!

Offline Santoken

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2010, 04:30:20 AM »
Tim, you still planning on being here?  Or, is that hamstring gonna get the better of you?