Author Topic: what was your First Bike(ride)??  (Read 11247 times)

Offline megarawdeal

• Backpacker
Re: what was your First Bike(ride)??
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2010, 10:11:33 PM »
94 Mongoose Villain... not a bad beginners bike other than the fact that the brakes were worthless.
http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/mongoose/20647
Not mine... you get the picture.

Offline HighLander

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2010, 10:12:13 PM »
man,i got to get myself a computer.I have lots of pics to post of my old bikes.Right now i cant even see the pics u guys Post or sell anyparts i have.:(
One Last Ride.

Offline h2otowntony

• Backpacker
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2010, 09:17:17 PM »
I finallllly found it. Had to just go alphabetically through the museum until I saw a brand that sounded familiar:

http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/schwinn/4052

Basically, it was terrible but that was the same colour and everything as my first "real" bike. I'd had a cobbled together BMX or two before that one but they were no-name, spraypainted frames with sketchy parts. Then, after the mighty Schwinn, I finally got some real real bikes- a couple of Trickstars and eventually I settled on a string of GT Pro Performers.

Wow that was the first BMX i ever got too! i got mine for 50 bucks in 96 from my bros best friend

Offline fatninja

• Forkglider
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2010, 12:33:56 AM »
Here's my Jetta BreakDancer and I'm holding the 1986 August Issue of Freestylin' Magazine. Which taught me the backwards infinity roll.

I just got the bike from the bike shop and the reflectors and tags are still on it. No pegs at this moment.. I think I needed to save a little more money or I needed to install them.

Check out those shorts LOL! and I'm wearing my soccer turf shoes? Oh well I was a legit baller.  That was in Maine and it was all dirt everywhere so I would session in the garage or ride to some tennis courts at the high school.
 :ph34r:

Offline nika

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2010, 01:14:43 PM »
Mine was a Halfords Turbo, I bought it in '83.

I don't have to thank my folks, they told me that at 13 years old I was too old to ride 'a kid's bike'... So I cleaned windows, cleaned cars, mowed lawns, had two paper rounds... Took me 6 months to save for that sucka.

Now I'm 39 and get paid to ride kid's bikes. That's a real kick in the teeth for my folks :D
sausages and plants and goldfish

Offline jsteady

• GF Inhabitant
    • :P
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2010, 01:46:36 PM »

Offline Jbkid

• Forkglider
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2010, 08:20:46 AM »
I rode a 06 Next bike from Wal-E-World, and a DK eight pack when I first started riding flatland, and I rode street for six years on an old Diamond back my dad gave me when I was like 10.

Offline 48spokes

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2010, 08:03:37 PM »
 ;D the one that will forever hold my heart!I learned so many tricks on it and it was fully tricked out... I would later sell it. :huh:

Offline hardrocker950

• Forkglider
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2010, 08:14:32 PM »
My first bike was an 86' Panasonic racing bike. Still have the frame, but my brother cobbed a bunch of parts off of it :(. I was planning on restoring it, but I don't have the parts to do it.

Offline manniedamaniac

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2010, 08:40:35 PM »
My first bike was a 04 hoffman condor. Still riding the frame and cranks but thats it!!

Offline HighLander

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2010, 04:22:15 AM »
A friend of mine had this Purple Torker twin top tube frame w/a standing platform that looked like a grinder.The frame was mad long too.But the rarest frame i ever seen was a MCS that had double chainstay tubes and the top n bottom tube made this connection like a Hutch trick star.Weird and it was chrome.
One Last Ride.

Offline GRFN.FLAT.

• Deathtrucker
  • that's some scooby-snacks right thurr
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2010, 07:20:42 AM »
2003 haro f3 for me

2007 (year old model at the time) haro f2! haha piece of JUNK. i took the seat off and masking-taped a block of foam over the seat tube so i can do street stuff minus the 2+lb. seat/seatpost and NOT get r*ped in the *ss by the tubing...took the pegs off and even with the front brake gone it's still like 28 lbs.

my first flatland specific bike is a mix of parts from FF and from misterwhite. grand total of about $710 including tax and shipping and everything. i think around $50 more than an a-damn lt...

Offline scapegoat

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2010, 01:17:14 PM »
hush -i am riding my first bike still too -although almost all the parts have been switched out over the years -mine is a dyno 89 pro compe ;)

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2010, 06:08:13 AM »
But the rarest frame i ever seen was a MCS that had double chainstay tubes and the top n bottom tube made this connection like a Hutch trick star.Weird and it was chrome.

MCS Styler.  Rare...because it was a POS.  I knew someone who had one...and it was just put together and rode aweful.  Never mind looking horrible. 
"A puppet no more!"

Offline smiley (Roy)

• GF Inhabitant
    • myspace
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2010, 06:20:20 AM »
even worse is I used to ride with a guy who was on the MCS Freestyle team... He had to ride the styler...

-Roy
If you are for real, you probably spend enough time on your bike that there's no time left for talking sh*t on message boards.

Of course, if all you do is talk sh*t on message boards, you're probably not as good or as cool as you think you are.

-- McGoo