Author Topic: 2007 GT Performer  (Read 3670 times)

Offline Evster

2007 GT Performer
« on: May 15, 2007, 02:35:47 PM »

Hey everyone my name is Evan, I introduced myself in the intros thread

What are the GT Performers like for Flatland? I bought one about a month ago when I needed some wheels for transport and fun.

So far my thoughts are that the frame is quite solid and heavy, the front brakes are rubbish - maybe cos of the pads heat sealing or due to poor grip on the wheels? I snapped the stock chain within the first week, which has been replaced with a heavier duty KMC chain.

At the moment I am trying to learn hang fives or rolling endos but getting the back wheel off the ground by pushing on the handlebars and weighting the front pegs seems beyond me. Any tips?

Overall I think the bike is ok for someone at my beginners level who doesnt want to make a huge investment just yet but wants to learn and hone their skills on a solid, forgiving frame.

In the near future I will be looking to upgrade the brakes and tyres (the standard kendas are only rated to 65psi) but I will search these forums for the answers.

Sorry for being long winded, thanks for any thoughts on the bike and tips for getting (and keeping) that back wheel off the ground.

Offline ancientskool

• Deathtrucker
Re: 2007 GT Performer
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 03:17:05 PM »
Overall I think the bike is ok for someone at my beginners level who doesnt want to make a huge investment just yet but wants to learn and hone their skills on a solid, forgiving frame.

I agree.  There's no need to buy $1000 worth of bike/parts just starting out.  Have fun!

Offline Mike Dood

• GF Inhabitant
Re: 2007 GT Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 12:57:27 AM »
Without a doubt you can flatland on that. It's got some decent scuffing room...just dial your brakes in good and just practice!  I'd rather see someone bust out on a lesser bike than some poser looking cool on his cool bike that can't do anything short of an endo. :)