Author Topic: I AM getting back onto these..........  (Read 10188 times)

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
I AM getting back onto these..........
« on: June 01, 2010, 03:59:25 AM »
When I lived in Fl. I used to Dirt Jump/Urban on a Specialized P1. Sold it to my Brother before I moved ,I miss it . My Buddie owns ALOT of Sidehill property Here in Western NY where I live now. I am considering getting one of these BlackMarkets as they're built by S&M/Fit.
 Anyone else do this? Comments?

I am getting this frame to build up, Marketplace Sales SOON! ;D
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 12:29:02 PM by JUGGARNAUT »

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Thinking of getting back into these..........
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 04:27:14 AM »
Yeah, this is what I used to have ,so you can see ,they've come a long way ....

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Thinking of getting back into these..........
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 04:33:06 AM »
22" in CHROME!

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
Re: I AM getting back onto these..........
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 12:31:15 PM »
Marketplace sales SOON!
I'll be selling ALOT of parts SOON to fund this Bad boy.
 Deals, deals, deals!!

Offline Lotlizard

• Backpacker
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 07:25:28 PM »
My old khs dj200.....

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 10:07:51 PM »
Lotlizard, can you give me your opinion on the BlackMarket frames? I read "USED to be built by S&M" now Waterford, the place where Standards "Used" to be built? I know their Quality is great .I have read MANY blogs,all good on the net,but do you have any firsthand experience?

Offline Lukas @ Innsbruck

• Backpacker
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 10:37:08 AM »
When i started ridong dirt i used a NPJ little Jimmy. I still have it but I just ride my BMX these days. Two friends and very good riders use a NORCO and a Specialized P3. If you want a light bike that holds up every abuse go with a Specialized Aluminium frame. The NOrco is Crmo and looks very clean. Small tubes and a very good geo. The Blackmarket in the first post looks a little bit heavy to me but I never saw one in person.

Offline Bodhisattva

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 05:31:00 PM »
I have a specialized p.2.  It's similar to the p.1 you posted but it has gears on the back and a chain guide on the front.  I'm curious about those black markets as well, they look more like a bmx with big wheels.  Can't wait to see it built up with some reviews on how it jumps.

Offline wookie

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 06:48:38 PM »
Blackmarkets are nice.  My shop has sold/worked on quite a few, we are about a ten min drive from RaysMTB (mecca of urban/park 26"!).  I have a 2010 P1 Chromo and its pretty nice, short chainstays, long tt and fairly light for a mostly stock bike. 

Offline robpossible

• GF Inhabitant
  • Crackpacker to kitchen table
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2010, 07:03:28 PM »
My LBS owner is huge into 24" dirt jumpers. He rides nothing but Dobermans. They are made in Canada. Nicely put together from what I have seen. They have a fairly new one that has a soft tail too but with only like 2-3" of travel( something Pink maybe). Looks kind of nice for my old ass knee's, if I ever decided to jump again, that is. Something to look at, anyway... Good luck with the build!
Rob

1st law of thermodynamics: Energy can not be created or destroyed, it only changes in form.

• Backpacker
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 07:31:13 PM »
Here is my old bike. Sorry for the crappy pictures

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2010, 06:24:40 PM »
Thank you to all who posted, I will pick your brains for info sooner or later. ;D

Offline DickieJones

• Hitchhiker
    • www.dickiejones33.com
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2010, 07:40:29 PM »
man the blk markets are nice and the easterns are nice.  those two have closest to BMX geometry.  one company in particular that i think is the sickest out there is NSbikes:

www.nsbikes.com

they figured out how to integrate the bmx geometry into their frames early on.  here is my old NS Capitol:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/dickiejones33/sets/72157606303792604/. it also weighed in at around 25 pounds which is awesome considering the size of the bike and components.

i really loved that bike.  ran a federal freecoaster (110mm rear) on it with blk market bars. i had my shocks locked out but you can always run it fully rigid.  got everything from www.chainreactioncycles.com which was really cool considering free shipping from europe and everything always got here in about 6 days.

hope that helps
---------------------------------------

www.dickiejones33.com :: Gun for Hire

keep your study hall out of my recess

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2010, 09:40:38 PM »
man the blk markets are nice and the easterns are nice.  those two have closest to BMX geometry.  one company in particular that i think is the sickest out there is NSbikes:

www.nsbikes.com

they figured out how to integrate the bmx geometry into their frames early on.  here is my old NS Capitol:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/dickiejones33/sets/72157606303792604/. it also weighed in at around 25 pounds which is awesome considering the size of the bike and components.

i really loved that bike.  ran a federal freecoaster (110mm rear) on it with blk market bars. i had my shocks locked out but you can always run it fully rigid.  got everything from www.chainreactioncycles.com which was really cool considering free shipping from europe and everything always got here in about 6 days.

hope that helps
Very Helpful Dickie. Nice ride BTW. How was the handling,just like a 20"? I was goin with Black Market for the very reason that it mocked BMX geometry. The P1 was cool but 26" was hard to throw around being bone stock and that was quite a few years ago , so the BMX technology wasn't as good as now days. Thanks again.

• Backpacker
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2010, 09:56:54 PM »
The difference between a 20" and a 26" is that you have a completely different handling although you have a BMX geo. It feels a lot taller in the front and it is spinning much slower.