Author Topic: today i bought a pushbroom  (Read 16338 times)

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
Re: today i bought a pushbroom
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2010, 06:53:40 PM »

TJ...I would have rode that lot after you cleaned it,in fear of coming back the next day or so only to find it all messed up again.

I had work 45 minutes later so I wouldn't of had time. I also hadn't patched my tube at that point either. Seeing as I just did that now, I'm still going to have to wait 3 more hours to ride until I can go out when the cars are clear. Sigh.

Iriez

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2010, 09:32:27 PM »
Two of my buddies came by the other day to practice some tricks or dick around at the b-ball court a block from my house.We started out riding on the b-ball court,then moved to the skate park 25 yards away then back to the b-ball court.

Some stupid teenage girl was babysiiting these two small kids (they couldn't have been older then 5 or 6,maybe even younger) and right as my buddy Caleb rides in front of where she is sitting she throws and smashes a glass bottle five feet in front of him...

He yelled at her and she said something like "it's only glass" to which I replied back "yeah it's only glass,which will pop our tires,and if I happen to fall down doing a trick I could get it lodged in my hand or anywhere on my body!"

I then went on to tell her that tires aren't cheap,at least no flatland tires..

Such a dumb child,such a bad role model for those little kids...had she thrown it in front of me I would of grabbed her by her arm and walked her across the street to the police substation!

TJ...I would have rode that lot after you cleaned it,in fear of coming back the next day or so only to find it all messed up again.

I would have given her two choices.....clean it all up or citizens arrest for litter and vandalism. That or a bitchslap to the FACE. 

Girls sometimes have extra stupidity because our culture frowns upon feminine violence. I think we are equal and a girl should get her ass beat for the same sh*t a guy would get his ass beat for.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2010, 11:11:15 PM »
So today was my first session out on the lot post-brooming.

WOW.

Night and day. I'm still going to go through tires like crazy, but it's clear from about 3 hours of riding on one tire that the wear is more even, and it's not nearly as rough. I kept goofing up on things because the surface feels so much faster.

Sooooooooo stoked I bought a broom.

Offline Scuffy

• Backpacker
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2010, 03:09:02 AM »
I would have given her two choices.....clean it all up or citizens arrest for litter and vandalism. That or a bitchslap to the FACE. 

Girls sometimes have extra stupidity because our culture frowns upon feminine violence. I think we are equal and a girl should get her ass beat for the same sh*t a guy would get his ass beat for.

Man girls have always had extra stupidity (not all of them,but a lot of them).

Unfortunately I cannot agree with your thinking and to be honest (and please don't take this too personal),if I saw any guy I would have to walk up and stomp some ass...that is a big no no in my book .No man should hit a woman,unless that woman is trying to kill him,and even then there are other things a grown man can do to overpower a female if need be.

TJ,glad you got to ride your lot without it getting all f*cked up again before you could.

I find myself cleaning broken glass off the b-ball court from time to time...how much you want to bet it was all done by that little girl...
Losers always whine about their best,winners go home and f*ck the prom queen!

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2010, 03:37:30 AM »
So I cleaned up my room today. Get jealous because yes I can ride in here lolololol.

The lot is so much nicer now and my tires wear down at a much slower rate. I really should have cleaned up that place a while ago. It just was really bad because of all the snow we got this past winter that tracked all the sand and gravel into my riding area.

Offline flatario

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2010, 03:52:22 AM »
it is hard to tell what kind of surface that is. Looks like a brick/tile surface which would awesome to have as vinyl is kind of awkward to ride on. Definitely want to see some vids of riding in there and not breaking any windows.

Offline Scuffy

• Backpacker
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2010, 04:03:37 AM »
So I cleaned up my room today. Get jealous because yes I can ride in here lolololol.

The lot is so much nicer now and my tires wear down at a much slower rate. I really should have cleaned up that place a while ago. It just was really bad because of all the snow we got this past winter that tracked all the sand and gravel into my riding area.

Nice,I'm jealous...I live in florida and just the other day I commented to somebody about how I was about ready to waste money on a climate controlled storage unit....I may be florida native,but this heat gets to even me.It's no fun going out for a ride and starting to sweat before you even get the one block it is to your riding spot.

Offline Ken NJ

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2010, 08:37:41 PM »
that's awesome!  you can wake up and ride before you even brush your teeth & take a p$$
flat rules everything around me f.r.e.a.m.

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2010, 09:32:03 PM »
I had those same curtains in college.   ;D  (and an old pillow stuffed into a broken window hole)

haha, those were the days of DIY decor!

Offline Gensanity

• GF Inhabitant
  • ....enjoy....
    • My Art For Free & For Sale
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2010, 09:39:26 PM »
let me know if anyone can find a super-wide push broom anywhere...

sometimes I try sweeping the court up at my place but after about 10 minutes i realize that i have just waisted 10 minutes of my time and if i keep up with even trying to sweep 1/2 the court i will of ended up waisting my entire session.  It doesn't help that someone decided last summer that it would be a good idea to install a sand volleyball court right next to what was already a slick b ball court, with no wall dividing the two.  Windy day = sandy court = slide outs when riding and broken ankles when defending. >:|   no not literally broken.

I need a Biiiiger broom... like 5-6 feet wide would be awesome.. heh

Offline Mr.Jowee

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2010, 12:29:36 AM »
I keep a brook with a 3-piece painters extension pole in the storage compartment in my xB, under my bike.

Offline GRFN.FLAT.

• Deathtrucker
  • that's some scooby-snacks right thurr
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2010, 12:39:33 AM »
Bird sh*t has been my current nemesis.

SIGGED!

i love my tennis court...people rarely play tennis there, and since it's part of a park district, it's ALWAYS clean. like, even in winter some times.

Offline Stereolab

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2010, 01:00:02 AM »
had she thrown it in front of me I would of grabbed her by her arm and walked her across the street to the police substation!

That could have turned out extremely badly for you. 

Offline b_ron

• GF Inhabitant
    • PbNation
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2010, 01:37:18 AM »
let me know if anyone can find a super-wide push broom anywhere...

sometimes I try sweeping the court up at my place but after about 10 minutes i realize that i have just waisted 10 minutes of my time and if i keep up with even trying to sweep 1/2 the court i will of ended up waisting my entire session.  It doesn't help that someone decided last summer that it would be a good idea to install a sand volleyball court right next to what was already a slick b ball court, with no wall dividing the two.  Windy day = sandy court = slide outs when riding and broken ankles when defending. >:|   no not literally broken.

I need a Biiiiger broom... like 5-6 feet wide would be awesome.. heh

modify 2 of them into one
Signing out...

Offline Scuffy

• Backpacker
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2010, 02:56:05 AM »
had she thrown it in front of me I would of grabbed her by her arm and walked her across the street to the police substation!

That could have turned out extremely badly for you. 

Not likely.The town I live in is VERY small...1.4 square miles small,0.9 square miles of it is land,the other 0.5 square miles is water lol.My family has been here a long long time,I have had family in office (mayors and commissioners) and I know people who are currently in office at the city hall (which is where the sub station is located).