Author Topic: flat aint art!!  (Read 14416 times)

Offline Flatgod

• Backpacker
Re: flat aint art!!
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2010, 12:00:03 PM »
The art community calls anything art or artform, which is silly. Biggest wine sipping snobs ever.(yep, thats a stereotype :P)

I don't know a single artist who thinks like this. Most artists don't call what they do art, it's the people on the outside looking in who make it something it isn't. Most artists are out to deliver a product by a certain deadline the same way a rider is looking to learn a trick.

It's not rocket science.

Again: What are you talking about? Many artists call themselves artists and consider what they do as an art.

Iriez

« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2010, 02:06:42 PM »
This topic just got interesting, thanks 2flat. Weird mystical act :huh:. Is it art if its for a paycheck? Ya Ya we can dwell on past artists who doodled for money.
So if the modern art community isn't a bunch of pompous aristocrats, sipping wine here at art showings , what are they?(thats my take)

EDIT: Ireiz how should I answer to this? Thanks in advance  :beer:.

Dont thank me, im just going to give you honest fare.

I would reply with....

How does money or the exchange of money change the definition of art? Morals and ethics aside. Those are relevant and i dont care to argue it. Tj was spot on in regards to the process of business within the art community.

As for your conclusion that the majority of 'artists' who are "a bunch of pompous aristocrats, sipping wine here at art showings" ...

I would say that you are approximately between the age of 14 and 19. If you are not, and are older, then gold help your soul. My advice would be to not share your opinions to anyone on any public front.

g-man

« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2010, 03:10:08 PM »
I will call the art community a bunch of wine sipping aristocrats, so that is where i get off.
My opinion is mine and its based on more than campus life.

I don't even know what you're talking about anymore.
As N pointed out I am refering to the buyers, they are who make the community what it is.

g-man

« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2010, 03:14:59 PM »
This topic just got interesting, thanks 2flat. Weird mystical act :huh:. Is it art if its for a paycheck? Ya Ya we can dwell on past artists who doodled for money.
So if the modern art community isn't a bunch of pompous aristocrats, sipping wine here at art showings , what are they?(thats my take)

EDIT: Ireiz how should I answer to this? Thanks in advance  :beer:.

Dont thank me, im just going to give you honest fare.

I would reply with....

How does money or the exchange of money change the definition of art? Morals and ethics aside. Those are relevant and i dont care to argue it. Tj was spot on in regards to the process of business within the art community.

As for your conclusion that the majority of 'artists' who are "a bunch of pompous aristocrats, sipping wine here at art showings" ...

I would say that you are approximately between the age of 14 and 19. If you are not, and are older, then gold help your soul. My advice would be to not share your opinions to anyone on any public front.
I never said the majority of artists were anything, I said community, and I'm more than shocked that yourself or 2 flat have no idea that there's a difference between the two. But thanks for the insult, I would have to say the comments in fight club about you are spot on.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 05:59:16 PM by g-man »