Author Topic: Matthias wins FISE 2010  (Read 8055 times)

Offline DenisTez BMX

• Hitchhiker
Re: Matthias wins FISE 2010
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2010, 08:31:59 PM »
I agree Md wining everything can get little boring and predicable but
there are always athletes in any sport that wins alot are at the top of his/her game,
that in itself will never cease

but for all the haters don't worry
you stick around long enough and will realize that

time is NOT on their side and will always be some one better, faster, more consistent, and more creative that takes over the top spot then the process repeats itself again

but for now let him enjoy the spotlight & wins
he's in a place that most of us envy to be in.

Agreed.. most of us can only dream all that first places..
☮☮☮☮☮
☮Peace☮
☮☮☮☮☮

Offline infeCt3d

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2010, 08:35:42 PM »
To be honest I'm started to get a bit bored of his style, but I guess being in all the major contests means you don't have much time left to progress.
-1 :wacko:

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2010, 08:36:49 PM »
Never dull or boring is MD's win, hopefully he will not bore himself at contest runs.

All he has now or it will head that way completely...he is his own challenge. He has so much more to give, most of us don't see the fullness of his skills/tech off contest runs.

N
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2010, 08:41:17 PM »
Matthias is my favorite flatlander.. hes just to good ^^
and he become pro in 3 years.. i call that talent.. simply made for flatland.

not talent. dedication. He used to ride to the point of passing out in the parking lot when he was younger. Don't see many dudes being that dedicated to riding.

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2010, 08:54:30 PM »
Besides dedication he has created his own style/expression. He is one of the few riders who makes pumping look stylish considering....that is talent(natural aptitude or skill)since he is built and born for Flatland/BMX, this not many riders possess. NATURAL.

MD is worthy of being called a pro and later on in his life...I hope he becomes a FREE RIDER, just like the few great riders in the overall industry of Action Sports.

N
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 03:37:02 AM by ASC »
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

Offline FlatismŽ

• GF Inhabitant
    • Flatism
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2010, 10:11:54 AM »
Congrats Matthias!!!
Flat-ism

Iriez

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2010, 01:23:44 PM »
To be honest I'm started to get a bit bored of his style, but I guess being in all the major contests means you don't have much time left to progress.

You know, im gonna be the black sheep and defend hugo on this one.

However, there are two major flaws. First, his assumption that competing in contests leaves you no time to progress...which is a moronic assumption.

2nd, that matthias's redundancy is not equated to with other riders. Yes, the majority of people we see in the top 20 are redundant. There are a few who have crazy flow and random ryhthmic style....but its RARE! Appreciate those riders for what they are, because they are gems.

And appreciate matthias, for his dedication to the sport. Without people like him we would not see influential progression.

With that said, I agree. Matthias's runs bore the living hell out of me. I appreciate them infinitely from a technical viewpoint, but I've watched him do so many barflips to spinning tricks or half cab whips or insert matthias redundant trick here....it just....BORING. Despite the fact of how awesome it is that he does it, we've all seen it a million times.

Now, lets give you a everyday analogy:

You meet a super hot girl. 2 years later, your getting bored of effing her. Why? Because you are not appeased by the usual, you are intrigued by THE STRANGE.

And the strange that matthias has brought has worn. He needs new strange to become a new catalyst. 

Offline Lukas @ Innsbruck

• Backpacker
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2010, 09:22:19 PM »
Here is a Video. And he is throwing his 20.5 " the same way as the old one  :beer:

http://bmx.transworld.net/1000102653/videos/matthias-dandois-wining-run-from-2010-fise/

Offline DaviD (dave0)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Flatland from Israel
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2010, 11:42:42 PM »
Here is a Video. And he is throwing his 20.5 " the same way as the old one  :beer:

http://bmx.transworld.net/1000102653/videos/matthias-dandois-wining-run-from-2010-fise/

rofl the comment cracked me up

"hey! a flat lander not wearing baggy sweat pants! "

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2010, 11:49:59 PM »

However, there are two major flaws. First, his assumption that competing in contests leaves you no time to progress...which is a moronic assumption.

2nd, that matthias's redundancy is not equated to with other riders. Yes, the majority of people we see in the top 20 are redundant. There are a few who have crazy flow and random ryhthmic style....but its RARE! Appreciate those riders for what they are, because they are gems.

And appreciate matthias, for his dedication to the sport. Without people like him we would not see influential progression.

With that said, I agree. Matthias's runs bore the living hell out of me. I appreciate them infinitely from a technical viewpoint, but I've watched him do so many barflips to spinning tricks or half cab whips or insert matthias redundant trick here....it just....BORING. Despite the fact of how awesome it is that he does it, we've all seen it a million times.

You meet a super hot girl. 2 years later, your getting bored of effing her. Why? Because you are not appeased by the usual, you are intrigued by THE STRANGE.

And the strange that matthias has brought has worn. He needs new strange to become a new catalyst. 

The only thing I'm taking away from this is that you stop enjoying sex with beautiful women after a certain period of time.

The guy has put out more video parts than any other pro in recent memory, and has done more tricks in those video parts than any pro in recent memory. He's constantly adding stuff to his runs, and they're getting gradually more and more difficult. Halfcab whip isn't even a year old trick for him and I don't even remember him doing whopper sh*t last year yet people say they are bored of it?

I don't quite get you guys. I am under the impression that you guys want to get rid of judges and replace them with a roman emperor who gives the thumbs up or thumbs down to decide whether or not the winner of the battles gets to kill the other or something.

In fact, I didn't realize that contest runs were supposed to be the pinnacle of flatland entertainment to begin with because i was under the impression that's what video parts are for?

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2010, 03:04:31 AM »

The only thing I'm taking away from this is that you stop enjoying sex with beautiful women after a certain period of time.

The guy has put out more video parts than any other pro in recent memory, and has done more tricks in those video parts than any pro in recent memory. He's constantly adding stuff to his runs, and they're getting gradually more and more difficult. Halfcab whip isn't even a year old trick for him and I don't even remember him doing whopper sh*t last year yet people say they are bored of it?

I don't quite get you guys. I am under the impression that you guys want to get rid of judges and replace them with a roman emperor who gives the thumbs up or thumbs down to decide whether or not the winner of the battles gets to kill the other or something.

In fact, I didn't realize that contest runs were supposed to be the pinnacle of flatland entertainment to begin with because i was under the impression that's what video parts are for?

It's the old "Trevor Meyer" syndrome... rider dominates the contest circuit and folks start knit picking away at stuff. The redundancy is probably more a matter of sheer amount of footage on the internet of MD rather then what he is or isn't doing with his riding to make it more appealing. Pros have "contest" tricks that are dialed specifically for that purpose and "session" tricks that they are either working on or that are just so hard to hit that they save them for personal clips they put out from their spot. You want excitement/interesting, watch the session clips; you want who-beat-who at the latest event, watch the contest footy. There's tons more pros out there who have been doing the SAME tricks for well over 6 years now in contests (York Uno, cough, cough =) then Matthias, and after 6 years, yeah, that's pretty boring... but at the same time, York has shown serious skills in non-comp footage that better reflect his riding.

And in the end: if what Matthias is doing is so far ahead of the field that he can keep doing it and pull a win, why change? (not that he doesn't). Dude wins because his conversion time of session tricks to contest tricks is almost zero.  ;D

Offline sneakflat

• Backpacker
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2010, 12:55:58 PM »
wow this was a huge contest and audience. the flatland world needs more of these
I say to them its flatland and their like ?!?! :huh: im like  :rolleyes: