Author Topic: Matthias wins FISE 2010  (Read 8053 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Matthias wins FISE 2010
« on: May 15, 2010, 08:01:35 PM »
Matthias just won the finals of the FISE pro flat contest. So here are the results as well as the first ranking of Flatland World Circuit 2010:

1st Matthias Dandois
2nd Moto Sasaki
3rd Viki Gomez
4th Youhei Ucchino

A few photos have been added: FISE 2010 Gallery.

Offline Nesquik

• Cliffhanger
Re: Matthias wins FISE 2010
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 08:15:01 PM »
Is this is first win???

^_^

Offline Jan@Weiden

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 11:25:32 PM »
i think so  :rolleyes:

Offline SNOOP

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 11:44:59 PM »
Some horrible footy from it, hopefully Tom or someone comes up with a nice edit...
FISE Montpellier 2010 Jour 3

FISE 2010 MONTPELLIER BMX XTREM Small | Large

FISE 2010 Small | Large

bmx freestyle Small | Large

« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 12:03:09 AM by Denzel Washington »

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 11:49:10 PM »
And he'll keep on winning until Foakes, Miller, or Faris comes back... I'd like to see Hotoke match up against Matthias in a battle too; I think he could totally outflow him with his style.
All the pros are awesome, but it's mostly these guys that could match Matthias' consistency and difficulty in a contest setting. (of course, I'm semi-joking about Faris obviously, although he did invent the "bomb trick" Matthias is using in a lot of his runs nowadays many years ago =). None of this means I don't enjoy seeing Matthias win a lot, because he flat out kills it and deserves it, but it seems like it's been a while since anyone has been on the same level as him in comps.

Offline Hugo @ Portugal

• GF Inhabitant
    • FlatlandPT
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 12:17:00 AM »
To be honest I'm started to get a bit bored of his style, but I guess being in all the major contests means you don't have much time left to progress.

Offline infeCt3d

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 04:55:09 AM »
Thanks for the vids!  :beer:

lol that 3rd video that last inline skate trick was the weakest ever soul grind lolll made everyone wait just for a SOUL GRIND?  :huh: :P
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 05:09:05 AM by infeCt3d »

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 06:07:51 AM »
To be honest I'm started to get a bit bored of his style, but I guess being in all the major contests means you don't have much time left to progress.

I got the chance to watch him ride in person(not at a contest) and he pretty much does whatever he wants on a bike.  Watching him scuff tricks blew my mind...but he can, and he does...and he has an awesome attitude about riding for the fun of it.   He progresses...you can't help but progress when you live on your bike, and your having fun. 
"A puppet no more!"

katobmx

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 08:54:22 AM »

i guess whooper to peg wheelie isnt progression lol. man i wonder how raph's ankle is holding up. he's been off the bike for a bit

Offline Scott O

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2010, 07:05:22 PM »
Full results?
www.voodoojam.com
twitter @emceeob

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2010, 07:56:03 PM »

Tod is right. He can do basically anything he wants on a bike. He's done so many video parts for such a short amount of time riding, and the amount of stuff he's been able to do over the few years he's been putting out footage has been astounding. I saw him screwing around at fight with flight, and while nobody has done a proper part with him for a while now, he has definitely progressed a lot.

Offline mare

• GF Inhabitant
  • tmp®
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2010, 07:57:21 PM »
1st off all hugo, i thought u r an adult person who knows how things r standing.. but with this comment ive channged my mind. how can u possibly say smthnk like that. i know u sad in other thread some time ago that matthias is just a child or smtnhk like that. well? maybe u r, cause u let your opinion about personality get to u and your perception on his riding... he is not progressing. hehe u need to visit an oculist, seriously. + he is not my favourite rider but cmon its so obvious no one can touch him atm
take care :beer:

Offline VojTECH

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2010, 08:02:06 PM »
Rule number 1: Add Hugo to your ignore list.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 08:06:40 PM by VojTECH »

Offline DenisTez BMX

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2010, 08:16:22 PM »
Matthias is my favorite flatlander.. hes just to good ^^
and he become pro in 3 years.. i call that talent.. simply made for flatland.
☮☮☮☮☮
☮Peace☮
☮☮☮☮☮

Offline rjs

• Company
  • Hitchhiker
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2010, 08:27:44 PM »
I agree Md wining everything can get little boring and predicable but
there are always athletes in any sport that wins alot are at the top of his/her game,
that in itself will never cease

but for all the haters don't worry
you stick around long enough and will realize that
time is NOT on their side and there will always be some one better, faster, more consistent, and more creative that takes over the top spot then the process repeats itself again

but for now let him enjoy the spotlight & wins
he's in a place that most of us envy to be in.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 08:30:06 PM by rjs »