Poll

Poll vote AND post vote your top 2 contenders for marketplace mod.

Steve Laps
25 (23.4%)
Who-Leo
22 (20.6%)
Juggarnaut
39 (36.4%)
Moncho
21 (19.6%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Voting closed: May 17, 2010, 11:33:20 AM

Author Topic: Global-flat elections! MARKETPLACE mod!  (Read 18238 times)

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
Global-flat elections! MARKETPLACE mod!
« on: May 10, 2010, 11:33:20 AM »
Ok, there's been discussion about adding extra mods. The team members here welcome this opportunity. Please poll vote AND post vote. This will be up for one week from now and is in no particular order. The poll vote is for reference/optional and won't be used (in the event of multiple account holders cheating). We will use your post voting results only. Winners will become mods pending approval. Good luck.   :mellow:

Secondly, would you prefer 0, 1 or 2 mods in the marketplace? Thanx.  -_-
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 01:46:27 PM by Paradoxium »

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
Re: Global-flat elections! MARKETPLACE mod!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 11:46:31 AM »
I have decided to go with Jugg... I know he sells alot and has been trustworthy throughout his trading... I feel everybody deserves a chance despite the controversy he has been involved in... ;D :beer:

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 12:06:46 PM »
I don't see the need for a marketplace mod. But if I was forced to pick from one of these options it would definitely be Steve. He's active in the american flatland community, a familiar face at many contests and really never gets involved in any kind of arguments. He bought and sold plenty of parts and he knows what's going on in that marketplace. Besides that, I don't know what else the marketplace mod would do.

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 12:17:23 PM »
JUGGARNAUT...........The fact I am on here more and am easy to find means I will always be around to help, guide and answer ALL questions and help with pricing of parts and bikes, Like I have done for many years on here.I will be here to serve all and everyone. I will keep this a well oiled machine for your Safety. Thank you for your Vote!!

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 01:38:50 PM »
All these guys are great guys and could do a good job here, but choosing 2 would be Moncho and Juggarnaut for having a great knowledge in this field through buying, selling and trading regularly. Again, Steve and Julio would do great too.  ;D

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 04:55:45 PM »
I voted for Juggs and Who-Leo, as both are knowledgeable about parts/prices/shipping etc.  Both also have good sellers/buyers ratings here.
"A puppet no more!"

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 06:14:46 PM »
Voting to Juggs because once he is a moderator he will be outside of being able to troll every other thread I post in.

And people say I don't engage in enough positive thinking.

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 06:19:25 PM »
JUGGARNAUT...........The fact I am on here more and am easy to find means I will always be around to help, guide and answer ALL questions and help with pricing of parts and bikes, Like I have done for many years on here.I will be here to serve all and everyone. I will keep this a well oiled machine for your Safety. Thank you for your Vote!!

If you win...SO BE IT.
Voted: JUGGARNAUT.

Neela
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 12:27:34 AM by ASC »
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

villetgk

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 07:51:10 PM »
"JUGGARNAUT...........The fact I am on here more and am easy to find means I will always be around to help, guide and answer ALL questions and help with pricing of parts and bikes, Like I have done for many years on here."

How much would you pay for great conditioned Gouin nothing frame??

How about a pair of ACS R.L tires??  Maybe a pair of sequence 1st generation bar stem combo bars???

I honestly think you not only have had a very bad past record of being a prick, but think you won't commit as much intelligence (that you say to have) to what your pitching here.....

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2010, 10:45:13 PM »
voted for Steve Laps and Who Leo

Offline sakis

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2010, 11:13:09 PM »
so what exactly a mod will do in the marketplace?

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2010, 11:22:33 PM »
First just make sure all posts are in the right section eg; wanted or For sale/ trade.
Second Make sure no spammers plug up the board.
Third handle any disputes between buyer/seller to come to a mutual agreement for them both.
Fourth Keep a lookout for past scammers to return under new names,,, if thats possible

All this is Just what I have seen done ,I'm sure theres WAY more. But I'm up for it.

Offline Juggs

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2010, 11:22:56 PM »
Go Steve! I voted for Steve and Who Leo.....overtake the crybaby Juggs!!!

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2010, 11:40:09 PM »
First just make sure all posts are in the right section eg; wanted or For sale/ trade.
Second Make sure no spammers plug up the board.
Third handle any disputes between buyer/seller to come to a mutual agreement for them both.
Fourth Keep a lookout for past scammers to return under new names,,, if thats possible

All this is Just what I have seen done ,I'm sure theres WAY more. But I'm up for it.

What is the frequency of any of this stuff happening?

Offline johnu773

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2010, 12:00:58 AM »
I don't see the need for a marketplace mod.

a marketplace mod is needed to keep people from posting wanted ads in the for sale section, keeping people from listing 20 things in 20 threads and taking up a whole page, instead of combining them, monitoring sale threads and keeping things not only "on topic" but getting arguments/bashing from a sale or wanted thread out of there and into the fight club. 

genreally speaking, just keeping things tidy.
not really a "needed" thing but definitely helpful to keep the pages from being cluttered up or in the wrong sections