Poll

who is the winner?

Theory
flaTTech

Author Topic: ROUND3 battle: EXPERT group OVER Winner- flaTTech  (Read 58261 times)

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
Re: ROUND3 battle: EXPERT group (Theory vs flaTTech) voting active
« Reply #165 on: June 04, 2010, 08:44:18 PM »
What a battle! I'm at work so I shouldn't even be watching the clips, but f*ck it. lol  Theory's hiker combos were super smooth, and nailing the x-foot juggler was dope. I also really liked the cross footed ride in flip thing to steamroller... however, FlaTTech was really tech and nailed a lot of tough tricks in his run and I think he takes it for the title. Brakeless smith was looking good FlaTTech! Now off to the Master class with you! You're the man... ;D

Offline b_ron

• GF Inhabitant
    • PbNation
« Reply #166 on: June 04, 2010, 11:13:28 PM »
wooaah, flattech  :beer:

tons of stuff going on there. good stuff
Signing out...

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #167 on: June 05, 2010, 12:07:14 AM »
Going to have to go with flattech. Theory's stuff was really f*cking hard (x footed hiker jugglers are no joke), but flattech was all over the bike. Flattech was lagging behind in difficulty slightly, but his variety edged him over.

Great battle guys, one of the best yet.

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
« Reply #168 on: June 05, 2010, 12:18:14 AM »
great battle. the difficulty level was similar, but Jeff took it, because of variety, that adds the difficulty.

Mark had awesome links, the x footed juggler in a straight line - that is hard!

both showed a lot of new things, that's super.

my vote goes to flattech

Offline animal1

• Backpacker
  • PEG MOLESTER
« Reply #169 on: June 05, 2010, 01:36:59 AM »
Flattech fuggin kills it!
BALANCE CONTROL

Iriez

« Reply #170 on: June 05, 2010, 02:03:13 AM »
omggggg flattech you murdered that backwheel link! I was like 'whens it gonna stop' and then you switch foots? Wtfff??? Goddamn your good man :) Watching you ride makes me think of me...we use alot of similar tricks/variations for our links, except you do them much much better than me :P

I also think that recently finding dubstep is one of the main reasons for my progression. Its pumped up vibe has allowed me to ride at the very least a hour or two longer each day, and enjoy my riding.

+99 for BROSTEP.

Offline franciscofromperu

• Backpacker
  • expect the unexpected
« Reply #171 on: June 05, 2010, 04:08:01 PM »
My vote goes for flattech, theory, really good run, nice combinations in the front wheel, I love how you enter to steamroller wih the switch foot, but flattech shows a lot of effort with tricks in the front and backwheel. congrats guys.

Francisco

Offline Theory

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #172 on: June 05, 2010, 04:13:12 PM »
Congrats on the Win flaTTech, that backwheel really put the nail in my coffin!

Offline Ronny Engelmann @ Kassel

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #173 on: June 06, 2010, 11:04:46 AM »
my vote goes to flattech

Offline flaTTech

• Backpacker
« Reply #174 on: June 07, 2010, 01:08:03 AM »
 Thanks for all of the nice comments!  I learned alot of stuff for this last battle,  including the brakeless smith, from the pedals switch whiplash back to the pedals, switchfoot icecream to stick b, opposite whiplash to hangfive, the 360 on the pegs to peg wheelie, and just the way I combined some stuff..   

Theory, your run was great!  Very difficult tricks,  I really like that ending link..  I watch your riding and can think of some super long crazy hard combos you could put together with the tricks in that vid!  I'm guessing that is what you were trying in those super long sessions that made you feel like you got hit by a truck! 

I can't believe how fast this round went compared to the 2nd round.  Thanks ondo for organizing these things, to all the judges that have to make the tough decisions, to the sponsors, and most importantly to ALL the riders in every class for pushing there limits trying new things and sharing their vids with the world!

It was an honor to battle Huck, Ginman, and Theory.  Thanks guys !  :beer:  It gave me some good motivation..

I'm off to the Masters !   :mellow:

Offline Theory

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #175 on: June 07, 2010, 01:34:37 AM »
Theory, your run was great!  Very difficult tricks,  I really like that ending link..  I watch your riding and can think of some super long crazy hard combos you could put together with the tricks in that vid!  I'm guessing that is what you were trying in those super long sessions that made you feel like you got hit by a truck! 

I know what you mean. Once I am more skilled I plan on combining a lot of the tricks I learned into some better combo's, they will flow together very nicely!

I can honestly say that about 90% of the landed combo's you guys saw in my videos were the first times that I had ever landed those combo's/links. Due to the way the battles were run I found I had to come up with a new link and try and hit that and than move on to the next one before I could truly expand on what I learned.

Now I have the whole summer to put some really fun stuff together ;)

Thanks for all the opinions guys. I actually learned what I should and shouldn't be doing in terms of riding to make it better.

I'm not sure if I'll battle or not again but we'll see what time brings!

It was a pleasure flaTTech, enjoy the Master's!

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #176 on: June 07, 2010, 01:42:16 AM »
FlaTTech, I mean, Mr. Jones, you can remove your hat, glasses, wig, and fake 'stache now. The jig is up...  ;D

Offline flaTTech

• Backpacker
« Reply #177 on: June 07, 2010, 02:09:41 AM »
 Yeah Theory, it looks to me like you have a plan with your riding.  I keep seeing that awesome halfpacker to Xfooted Hiker and then directly going into jugglers etc.  Just to let you know I wasn't saying anything negative about what you did submit.  Infact I think that some of your switches and links were more difficult then some of mine. 

Zoffy, I promise if I win masters I will remove the disguise and reveal my real identity  ;D

Honestly, I don't expect to do so well in masters..  :P

Offline Theory

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #178 on: June 07, 2010, 02:33:42 AM »
Yeah Theory, it looks to me like you have a plan with your riding.  I keep seeing that awesome halfpacker to Xfooted Hiker and then directly going into jugglers etc.  Just to let you know I wasn't saying anything negative about what you did submit.  Infact I think that some of your switches and links were more difficult then some of mine. 

That's exactly the direction I want to take it. As you've seen I have a few links out of the the x-footed hiker which bring me back into a half packers, then I want to repeat the whole backpacker to x-footed hiker process, sort of like a x-footed hiker "around the world" style :)... One Day...

Offline flaTTech

• Backpacker
« Reply #179 on: June 07, 2010, 02:52:48 AM »
 Exactly what I was thinking, I just went with etc. because I didn't want to let your whole plan out of the bag.  lol  Don't forget to juggle that X-footed hiker before that great switch foot steam switch into halfpacker (I really like that one!)  Keep having fun, and you will get your dream links!  I think I need a better plan of tricks to focus on, I end up going in to many different directions..  HaHa

Anyways, I hope to see tons more great stuff from you on vid or maybe some time in person.  :beer: