Poll

who is the winner?

Theory
flaTTech

Author Topic: ROUND3 battle: EXPERT group OVER Winner- flaTTech  (Read 58055 times)

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
ROUND3 battle: EXPERT group OVER Winner- flaTTech
« on: May 02, 2010, 09:07:33 AM »
Expert: 12 riders

flaTTech 1st place

Theory 2nd place

bryan81 3rd place

AtlFlatCrew
Ginman
pine

Semifinal results:
AtlFlatCrew vs Theory
pine vs bryan81
Ginman vs flaTTech

MICHELE
Maxime Luchetti
HUCK
flatforever
Koshtrik
Jose Felix

Qualification results:
MICHELE vs Theory
Koshtrik vs AtlFlatCrew
bryan81 vs Maxime Luchetti
Jose Felix vs pine
flaTTech vs HUCK
Ginman vs flatforever

Expert Judges
-That Joe Miller
-2flat2furious
-franciscofromperu
-Ronny @ Kassel
-ondo

Some basic rules:

1)I announce the first battle between 2 riders. From the moment there is a 4 day limit for those two riders to film and send the video links via PM to me! This rule is just for fairness, it's nothing if you post it in the battle thread. When both riders have sent me links- I post them in the first and the last post of their group!
2)The video can be edited or unedited, but must be maximum 50 seconds long. When the first battle series in each group are over(8 battles), then the next round adds +20 seconds. So the lenght in series are:
- First 8 battles= 50 sec
- Quarterfinals= 1 min 10sec
- Semifinals= 1 min 30 sec
- Finals= 1min 50 sec
This is the maximum of video lenght- you don't have to fill it up compulsory.
3)The run can consist of combos or just tricks, but if edited, they should be with ride ins and outs.
4)For each battle your run must be different.
5)It is forbidden to use old, filmed videos before the competition.
New rules about the video lenght.
1)A subjective point, but I can "allow" the rider to finish his combo and do the ride out if it goes just <10 seconds more.
2)So then there is a question, which combo can be longer?
- The combo which starts not later than 20 seconds before the end of the run.
3) It is hard to tell, if the run is too long, because, it can really contain small tricks in the beggining and the long one combo is pressed in the end, to gain extra time. That will be not allowed too.
For example: If you got two combos: 26 and 32 seconds long. If you put them together in that order, then you get 58 sec and the combo did start 20 sec before the end(as mentioned before), but the main rule wich corrects it all: If your run is over time limit, it is allowed only then, IF THE LONGEST COMBO IS IN THE BEGINNING!
I'll check every video and I'll be critical about the use of extra time!
4)If the video contains title(something meaningful), the video can be longer as the title lenght
5) If the rider can pull a combo for all his given time in run, my judgement on the time allowed will be subjective and slightly positive on allowing using the extra time.
So what is the solution?
- First off, if some rules are disobeyed, I'll ask to correctly repost the video(if only the 4 day period is still active). If not, the rider can be disqualified.
- There is another solution. If you don't want to repost the video, you can still proceed with the battle, but if you surpass the time limit unpermitted, then the judges will take this seriously considering voting.
6)After both rider videos are posted or the 4day period is over- the judges watch the videos and vote. They send their votes and explanations to me via PM.
7)As votes from judges are collected, the winner of the battle is announced.
8 ) The winner countinues to fight in the finals(if they are). The looser fails. (There could be some additional battles later)
9)The next battle starts after the previous battle ends.
10)One battle will happen in each class simultaneously
11)Some changes into limits or structure can occur.
12) The winners will recieve prizes
13) If you are busy, please let me know I can arrange your battles. The list of those who are busy is in the signing up thread![/b]

Sponsors: flatlandfuel diversionTV

I'll try to get some more sponsors. If you know someone who would like to sponsor this competition, contact me!

THE FINAL BATTLE

Theory
Final Battle

vs

flaTTech
Untitled

« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 09:56:12 AM by ondo »

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
Re: ROUND3 battle: EXPERT group (Ginman vs flatforever)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 09:12:43 AM »
First expert battle!

Ginman
Ginman 1

vs

flatforever
aoifjo

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 09:28:22 AM »
respect to both riders. pulling things I want to do. huge speed from flatforever, but repeated inside peg turbines, could have done something else, and the run consisted of just turbines, of course difficulty on speed, turbine count and that nice lardyard.

Ginman- not so difficult with the scuffs and spins, but those few pivots are the bombs!

My vote goes to Ginman

Offline Kevin Brill @ Kassel

• Backpacker
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 09:44:02 AM »
Great backwheel combo's from both! And a backwheel combo from ginman that could have nearly filled up the whole video :D It's impossible for me to even pump steamrollers that long !

Offline b_ron

• GF Inhabitant
    • PbNation
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 09:45:09 AM »
battle of the backwheels

i vote for ginman
Signing out...

Offline That Joe Miller

• Cliffhanger
    • Unknown Sports
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 01:51:41 PM »
Ginman gets this one mainly for the switches, both riders showed great control. Flatforever that save on the lardyard was Killer!
That Joe miller

Offline Ginman

• Backpacker
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 03:32:30 PM »
Hi flatforever,
You're a killer man!!! i love your inside megaspin turbines!!! you're SO SICK!!!
give me some tips, will you? :rolleyes:

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 04:00:46 PM »
You guys in expert are soooo good, I hope to be that good one day.  ;D :beer:

Offline kbong

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 04:11:47 PM »
my vote goes to ginman :beer:

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 08:43:38 PM »
My vote goes to Ginman, but with a caveat. The tricks he did WERE more difficult compared to Flatforevers run, but if he goes up against someone with roughly equal difficulty the fact that he is riding crankless will be severely held against him when weighing my decision. Rear wheel tricks are much much easier without much weight to whip around or worrying about setting your pedals.

Iriez

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010, 09:01:01 PM »
I want to give it to flatforever since he used bassnectar (lol), but ginman's switches were more difficult. lol @ the save I thought you were gonna crash and burn for sure!

I didnt even notice the lack of cranks until tj pointed it out. Damn im stoned. I never looked at it from that viewpoint about the weight, but I suppose you are correct. My ufree is such a POS that I cannot get the slack right so I run zero slack and get pedal'd to the calf or heel every single time I try them lard yards.

I'll vote for you every time ginman if you can throw a gturn from the edge of the bottom bracket into every video : P

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 09:06:54 PM »
My vote goes to Ginman, but with a caveat. The tricks he did WERE more difficult compared to Flatforevers run, but if he goes up against someone with roughly equal difficulty the fact that he is riding crankless will be severely held against him when weighing my decision. Rear wheel tricks are much much easier without much weight to whip around or worrying about setting your pedals.

+1...  half the skill in working back wheel is factoring in where your cranks will be at any time. I probably could've learned dump trucks to stick b's in a fraction of the time bitd if I didn't need to figure out how to maintain the balance point while going around them. Ginman rips, but with his skill, I don't know what would've held him back from just learning the tricks with a regular setup..

Offline Ronny Engelmann @ Kassel

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2010, 09:16:52 PM »
my vote goes to ginman

Offline franciscofromperu

• Backpacker
  • expect the unexpected
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2010, 11:54:39 PM »
My vote goes for ginman, the guys show us a very good control of the tricks on the backwheel, but the pivots, and i agree with ondo, are the best, good luck on the next round ginman.

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
Re: ROUND3 battle: EXPERT group (flaTTech vs HUCK)
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2010, 12:23:26 AM »
Ginman wins flatforever (5:0)
next battle:

flaTTech
Untitled

vs

HUCK
Lee Edwards - Online Flatland Battle #1