Author Topic: Paris III LT new complete bike by KHE  (Read 8597 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Paris III LT new complete bike by KHE
« on: April 30, 2010, 11:56:19 PM »
KHE realized that most of us are rather broke most of the time ;-) and came up with a new medium budget complete bike:
"The Paris III LT bike is designed to have the style and the strength of a real pro bike but for a fraction of its price! Do the Maths! Along with a super lightweight 32 holes Geisha freecoaster wheelset, a SwissMiss bar, our popular Watanabe seat and Simulatorz pedals, this bike is built around a 1.6kg Sanko CrMo frame fully heat treated! Weight of complete bike: 9.2kg / 20.2 lbs"

Price tag: 799€

Offline Hugo @ Portugal

• GF Inhabitant
    • FlatlandPT
Re: Paris III LT new complete bike by KHE
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 02:07:11 AM »
Very light indeed, but will it be up to the task? It's a Paris, can't be a good start =X

Offline top_rider

• Backpacker
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 05:10:18 AM »
looks like a good bike and a good prize. but many will worry about the strength of that frame

Offline DaviD (dave0)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Flatland from Israel
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 12:54:36 PM »
when will khe realize its better to try design a new frame than resurrecting something that is not meant to be resurrected...

Offline Hugo @ Portugal

• GF Inhabitant
    • FlatlandPT
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 01:11:12 PM »
This is probably born out of stock they couldn't sell. They call it a cheaper high-end, and it is in fact cheaper, and pretty high-end, thy just forget to mention in the description: "This frame will not withstand whoppers!".  :rolleyes:

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 02:58:06 PM »
This is exactly what they did with the Tantra in 2008, the Equilibrium in 2009, and now the Paris III. Next year expect to see the Militant Stealth LT...

It's a great way to flow the old stock frames out of the warehouses. KHE is still the only company with a handfull of complete flatland bikes so they shouldn't be criticized as not offering variety.

Offline HighLander

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 04:02:33 PM »
After i saw that video on youtube,that kid doing a time machine on a KHE Paris and cracking it on what i call a soft fall,KHE needs to yes continue to create light frames But not sacrifice strength. And yes i do reconize that KHE is one of the very few companies that offer a Full Flatland bike."More Muscle,Less Fat"lol               
One Last Ride.

Offline GRFN.FLAT.

• Deathtrucker
  • that's some scooby-snacks right thurr
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 05:33:33 PM »
you heard em, do the "maths"  ;D

pucker22

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 03:28:40 AM »
Very light indeed, but will it be up to the task? It's a Paris, can't be a good start =X

If its a KHE its not a good start.

No offence but Ive had nothing but trouble with my khe bike and ive spent a fortune getting it fixed over the year. :rolleyes:

Oh and FYI...guess what...my bike is being fixed again, and khe failed to send the correct parts....

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 05:14:08 AM »
I rode a Paris II complete for almost two years and nothing failed on me during that time.

One bottom bracket bearing broke last week, but again, after almost two years of use.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 09:12:41 AM »
Just want to point out that KHE has about the same failure rate as most companies, and according to Pat they happen to have one of the best warranty departments in the sport.

Just keep that in mind before you get bent.

Offline Hugo @ Portugal

• GF Inhabitant
    • FlatlandPT
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2010, 10:28:54 AM »
Every time you say that I wish I had the numbers in my pocket just so I could check the units-sold- to-broken-parts ratio on the top 5 selling flatland brands.

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2010, 10:34:49 PM »
After i saw that video on youtube,that kid doing a time machine on a KHE Paris and cracking it on what i call a soft fall,KHE needs to yes continue to create light frames But not sacrifice strength. And yes i do reconize that KHE is one of the very few companies that offer a Full Flatland bike."More Muscle,Less Fat"lol                

Just to be fair, I remember the authenticity of that video was questioned in this forum. Somebody posted a close-up of that video just before the rider started the trick, and the frame seemed bent already. Then there was a discussion about warranty issues and, suspiciously, the person who posted the video did not reply. I will not bother searching for these treads. I am sure they can be found if anyone is interested.

I had a good experience with two KHE completes. I bought them after a seven-year riding hiatus. I started riding in 1985, and now I practice around 8 hours a week, at a somewhat progressive mid-school expert level. I crash relatively hard at least once every session. I have used mainly a Paris II for almost two years without any major issues. Also, I should point out that I am my own mechanic.

This is my personal experience. I just have read so many negative things in this forum that I thought this might help to put things into perspective.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 10:40:01 PM by Valdez-Bubnov »

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2010, 10:36:50 PM »
Every time you say that I wish I had the numbers in my pocket just so I could check the units-sold- to-broken-parts ratio on the top 5 selling flatland brands.

I know I wish I had them to, but I think KHE gets the brunt of anger about flat parts right now and I don't think that's fair. Most of the stuff I've seen them put out is of higher quality can many other brands (st martin for example) yet nobody gets angry about that.

Offline JFos

• GF Inhabitant
    • www.myspace/richardmccoy.com
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2010, 10:59:33 PM »
jesus an entire decent bike for under a g is a good start.

get this then swap sh*t out as it breaks and its STILL an awesome deal.

I mena how can people bitch about a complete?

there is no way you can get any quality at under $1500 alone without buying used parts going without brakes or something hokie like a missing drive train.

dotn even get into the specifics of a custom...and its pricing. Try adding up a few things alone..

bars despite quality $60

forks despite quality unless you buy 2004 technology  $100

frame despite quality $300 unless its a simple from Pat.

ass prop system seat and post $50

wheels despite quality we'll say TAska $200

tires $40

brake s/fronts $50

that'd be 8 hundo

a stem and tubes and headset brings it up to about $900.

with everything underestimated or atleast generously priced at that.

then you still need

four pegs

cranks

chain

pedals

tensioners maybe

money to play lottery so you can wait for god to intervine and send you a better bike.

Schramm’s Law: “The single most important contributor to a nation’s economic growth is the number of startups that grow to a billion dollars in revenue within 20 years.”