Poll

who is the winner?

Ultraman Zoffy
Iriez

Author Topic: ROUND3 battle: INTERMEDIATE group OVER Winner- Iriez  (Read 96071 times)

Offline Wouter van der Linde

• GF Inhabitant
    • Dutchflatland
wow i just got pwnd by a speed devil hehehe!

Nice Denny you got me!

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
Denny's clip was great, and he's an obvious winner in this battle, but I have to say that his clip would've been good enough to smoke Bryan Huffman's Jomopro expert run I just watched on Vimeo. Just wondering if Wouter got a fair shake in this matchup? Not trying to start any static and DEFINITELY not trying to weed out good competition, but Denny's speed and control just didn't scream intermediate to me. It was like watching Wouter go up against Isiah Jordan or something... :huh:

I thought Denny's edit should have been bumped up myself. 
"A puppet no more!"

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Keep on Riding!! wwww.bmxfreestyler.com
    • BMX Freestyler
The Intermediate class is blowing my mind. Its slowly becoming what the old expert was. The level of riding is MUCH higher than it was previously. The Final Battle will be insane if we are only in preliminary rounds. Great videos by everyone!

Offline Kevin Brill @ Kassel

• Backpacker
Yeah, it does not seem like Intermediate to me :D

I think especially the gap between some of the riders is to high but we have to get it out :D

Offline stopkaiross

• Backpacker
WOW! my video is like a frickin punchline compared to that...
 amazing riding denny!

« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 04:43:36 PM by stopkaiross »

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
I think the gap would make more sense to me if there was only 3 ranks instead of the 4 the online battles have...

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
 amazing riding denny!

You're a really smooth rider from the clips I've seen of you, so I wouldn't worry. My saying in contests: "If you can't match the big guns, then pull out the weird guns." Don't look at other riders' runs and think "I can't do those tricks, so I won't be able to hang in this comp". Look at them and then think about the tools (tricks =) you DO have and what you can do with them to be different and bring something new to the contest. Create with your strengths; don't worry about trying to make your riding into something it's not to attempt to hang with the masses. Something different and new in the context of your riding class (intermediate) is just as potent as something just being "new school". This contest isn't all about who can come closest to pulling off a semblance of a Matthias run...  ;D

Offline stopkaiross

• Backpacker
 amazing riding denny!

You're a really smooth rider from the clips I've seen of you, so I wouldn't worry. My saying in contests: "If you can't match the big guns, then pull out the weird guns." Don't look at other riders' runs and think "I can't do those tricks, so I won't be able to hang in this comp". Look at them and then think about the tools (tricks =) you DO have and what you can do with them to be different and bring something new to the contest. Create with your strengths; don't worry about trying to make your riding into something it's not to attempt to hang with the masses. Something different and new in the context of your riding class (intermediate) is just as potent as something just being "new school". This contest isn't all about who can come closest to pulling off a semblance of a Matthias run...  ;D

re-reading what I wrote, it does come off a little emo...it was more supposed to be like a jaw dropping reaction and compliment at once (we need some tex avery smilies!).  But yeah, I love these battles, It's definitely not about winning, but a reason to pull out the camera and aim for some consistency.

Offline Kevin Brill @ Kassel

• Backpacker
I would also say that you do not have to worry, stopkaiross :)

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
Denny.

And yes, he should have been bumped up to expert in my opinion...

• GF Inhabitant
    • Dutchflatland
Denny.

I think the jugdes need to see all the videos that send in if they are signed up at the right level..
because there is just a to big gap between some riders..
and thats not because im loosing now, in beginner class are the same things happening!

Iriez

Denny.

I dont really think so. But, if that is the case, then I think i should be bumped up too? My style isnt as smooth, but technically more difficult.

I agree that the contenders are harder. But c'mon, have you guys been watching the begginers? Some of those kids are killing me with style and tricks! Expert is WAY too advanced for me and denny as we cannot bring the amount of technically difficult variations with solid transitional tricks and 'big trick' finishers.

I believe that is what seperates the classes. Begginers rarely link, or when they do link its with basics. Intermediates link with more difficult tricks, but we arnt mastering the transitions into even more difficult tricksets with (sometimes) bomb outro's.

Animal: Ok, I'll let it slide, you've well justified your comedic platform for my sensibilities ; )

Also, I feel that the rate of progression im currently at, Im a viable contender in this class. If by the end of this contest I should be placed in the upper class...well, then wasnt that the entire point? WINNAR! = progression.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
Denny.

I think the jugdes need to see all the videos that send in if they are signed up at the right level..
because there is just a to big gap between some riders..
and thats not because im loosing now, in beginner class are the same things happening!

It's going to happen in real contests too. Sometimes the hardest classes to judge are beginner and intermediate, because not everyone is quite on the same level. You can be "too good" and get bumped up so often times there is no real clear "winner". IF you are the winner, sometimes people say you're sandbagging and what not. Something to think about.

Offline Vijuel

• Backpacker
    • http://www.myspace.com/MADEflatland

[/quote]

You're a really smooth rider from the clips I've seen of you, so I wouldn't worry. My saying in contests: "If you can't match the big guns, then pull out the weird guns." Don't look at other riders' runs and think "I can't do those tricks, so I won't be able to hang in this comp". Look at them and then think about the tools (tricks =) you DO have and what you can do with them to be different and bring something new to the contest. Create with your strengths; don't worry about trying to make your riding into something it's not to attempt to hang with the masses. Something different and new in the context of your riding class (intermediate) is just as potent as something just being "new school". This contest isn't all about who can come closest to pulling off a semblance of a Matthias run...  ;D
[/quote]

well said sir :beer:
Vijuel...M.A.D.E. Flat

• GF Inhabitant
    • Dutchflatland
yeah to be honest i think you should move up too Iriez, you are doing freaking x footed nose manual turbines and stuff!
Its crazy, and i like it alot, but not intermediate in my opinion!