Poll

who is the winner?

Ultraman Zoffy
Iriez

Author Topic: ROUND3 battle: INTERMEDIATE group OVER Winner- Iriez  (Read 96068 times)

Offline Ronny Engelmann @ Kassel

• GF Inhabitant
my vote goes to iriez for higher difficulty and more variations.

Iriez

my vote goes to iriez for higher difficulty and more variations.

Offline That Joe Miller

• Cliffhanger
    • Unknown Sports
My vote to Ultaman Zoffy, thought he showed variety, and he didn't have so much just empty time. Iriez has some seriously hard stuff happening, just too little variety and too much riding aroung filling space. No offense. Both guys are KILLIN" it!
That Joe miller

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
I'm disappointed no one was stoked on the last link. its was extremely progressive for me and I dedicated a mammoth amount of time to learn it for this final. I really want to know if anyone has seen a xfoot pedal gturn hop to opposite peg no scuff in any turning trick. It was vastly more difficult than anything I've ever pulled and entirely original....and brakeless to boot.

I saw Hiro doing this except he didn't cross his feet, which doesn't really matter for that trick.

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
My vote to Ultaman Zoffy, thought he showed variety, and he didn't have so much just empty time. Iriez has some seriously hard stuff happening, just too little variety and too much riding aroung filling space. No offense. Both guys are KILLIN" it!

This.

Iriez, we know you have more tricks...and I know you were trying to show your consistency with doing tricks back to back...but for these online battles, you should just throw it down.  Use that time to the fullest!

BTW, your progression is awesome.  

Just trying to give you some constructive criticism, not trying to flame you.  I know you are capable of filling that time up with trick after trick.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 09:26:34 PM by tod miller »
"A puppet no more!"

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
I guess I owe it to everyone to do a post-battle commentary of some sort? lol

My general take on this is that it was sort of like final exams at school: I studied as much as I had time to do, took the test, and earned a couple of votes, but Iriez lived in the library and put in the extra time it took to get an A against my A-. I'm pretty self-conscious about my riding, and I really don't like talking about it much, but apparently Iriez digs his riding a whole lot! (^_^) It was sort of uncomfortable to me to have to read that his brake broke and have it pointed out continuously that "hey, notice I did all my tricks brakeless!" because I couldn't have done that sort of thing in the amount of time I have to ride each week, and I knew he'd get a big difficulty nod because of it. Winning wasn't anything I thought I'd come close to doing, but it obviously meant a lot to my competitor, so for that, I'm stoked for him. I guess my thinking was that even though it was pretty stacked against me and my meager tricks, I at least wanted to go down showing that I have a decent library of tricks that I can do, but ultimately I think that became the problem: I was up against a guy who mastered one really cool concept and variations of it, and it definitely looks better then anything I had time to hit as a combo ride in for these clips (I had some stuff planned but couldn't make it happen over the weekends I rode). My only real take on it is that Iriez has a lot of dope skill and can learn fast, but hopefully he'll branch away from the nollie ride-ins and really get into the other stuff flatland has to offer.  When that happens, I'm sure we'll see his true madness shine through on a 20 inch!
In closing, Iriez, you're still a loser because at the end of the day, you eat triscuits voluntarily. Wheat Thins for life, son!
Thanks everyone for the fun times! Ondo, thanks for your effort and for dealing with all the crazy competitors and their drama. (clap clap clap). Bo was telling me about some comp that might be coming up in Ohio some time this year, so if it isn't close to my wedding and I can save up, hopefully I'll get to high-5 you all in person! Peace out!

-Ultraman Zoffy aka Jason-
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 01:41:49 AM by Ultraman Zoffy »

Iriez

I'm disappointed no one was stoked on the last link. its was extremely progressive for me and I dedicated a mammoth amount of time to learn it for this final. I really want to know if anyone has seen a xfoot pedal gturn hop to opposite peg no scuff in any turning trick. It was vastly more difficult than anything I've ever pulled and entirely original....and brakeless to boot.

I saw Hiro doing this except he didn't cross his feet, which doesn't really matter for that trick.

Since it 'dont really matter' for that trick why can I do then with no xfoot super easy? It's a completely different trick. I've seen no names do gturns into mccircles, half hikers, you name it.

You should understand that my weight is 'below' the bike frames toptube...its all on that left pedal and on the opposite side of where I transition. When going from regular you are going from above the top tube. Going down is simple. Using a turbine to throw yourself up and over is not.
I've already done them completely xfooted no scuff with my pedals horizontal and my weight over and centered. It was in my first round video.

In order to do it the last way you literally have to try to hop whip the half lash...otherwise u don't pop up enough to center your weight over the bars to float the transition.

All I can say is you are wrong in this matter and if you try it you will see why. And thanks for responding to my post that I put a ton of time, care, and emotion into responding after taking a sh*t on me. I'm glad you are so empathetical about people other than yourself who are suffering.

Joe: I thought my run was about 107 seconds with all the between taken out? I would have sped those parts forward but I was in a hurry to finish the edit since ondo was going to sleep. I wasn't just 'riding around' I was taking a quick circle breather to hit the next trick lol

Zoffy,

That was a very close battle. Infact it was gore vs bush status! U got the popular vote bro!!!! =) looks like we will be doing this again soon in expert!

I think your post was spot on except for one thing: I cared about winning just not anywhere near as much as u implied. I probably would have been more happy to see u win as u seemed to feel the underdog. I was more excited about showing and seeing progression. Because of my assburgers (lol) I don't know if my constructive criticism sounded like complaining....but it wasn't....on any front. Infact I'm planning on giving back in my own way once these Comps wrap up. Should be fun :)

I have been putting a lot of effort on variation tricks so that I can start to piece my tricks together on a broader spectrum. I don't just do gtursn lol but on a contest front I have to put in the most technicality that i can cauz u have such flow and consistency that I do not with longer links. 

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
All I can say is you are wrong in this matter and if you try it you will see why. And thanks for responding to my post that I put a ton of time, care, and emotion into responding after taking a sh*t on me. I'm glad you are so empathetical about people other than yourself who are suffering.

You aren't suffering. You've become an arrogant sh*t and I've watched you turn into this over the past few months ever since you got over the thing you were actually "suffering" from.

Go ahead and think that I'm wrong, you're just stroking your own ego on this. I've seen people do it before. I have no reason to make this up. Stop trying to explain the trick to me like I'm an idiot. I know how this trick works because I tinkered with it a long time ago when I first learned inside stuff on the pedal like that. I know how the motions work.

You put in a long thoughtful post, then you go and say how weak terry's whopper how to video was. You acted like you could do better. you acted like you knew what that trick was about when you can't even do it. You're just pouring out little alligator tears so that people feel bad for you or something. If you have any ounce of genuine self reflection going on, you'll stop talking about yourself so damn much.

Christ almighty I was hoping Zoffy would pound you into the ground to give you a little humility so you'd stop acting like you're the best thing since sliced bread but sadly that didn't happen.

Iriez

You aren't suffering. You've become an arrogant sh*t and I've watched you turn into this over the past few months ever since you got over the thing you were actually "suffering" from.

Go ahead and think that I'm wrong, you're just stroking your own ego on this. I've seen people do it before. I have no reason to make this up. Stop trying to explain the trick to me like I'm an idiot. I know how this trick works because I tinkered with it a long time ago when I first learned inside stuff on the pedal like that. I know how the motions work.

You put in a long thoughtful post, then you go and say how weak terry's whopper how to video was. You acted like you could do better. you acted like you knew what that trick was about when you can't even do it. You're just pouring out little alligator tears so that people feel bad for you or something. If you have any ounce of genuine self reflection going on, you'll stop talking about yourself so damn much.

Christ almighty I was hoping Zoffy would pound you into the ground to give you a little humility so you'd stop acting like you're the best thing since sliced bread but sadly that didn't happen.

Since I respect your opinion even though I dont respect you (your smart, just a arrogant douche), I will correct all my posts to remove the aspects that you feel are not humble. It is not my will or my intentions to be arrogant or an asshole. I've been very VERY frustrated in the past few months because as I am able to literate my thoughts and feelings more clearly lately, it has forced me to 'come out of my shell'. Im very socially inverted when it comes to 'new' environments, but as i warm up to them I tend to show all of my flaws.

The problem is that you guys see me as a comprehensive person, where you need to understand that no matter how hard I try, my lack of ability to comprehend social/emotional context in alot of ways prevents me from being able to determine whether or not my actions could be concluded as 'arrogant' or 'douchey' or 'assholish'.

I understand that you dont believe me. The sad thing is that this has been ground breaking to my life. I've spent the last few days as a zombie because I have had so much sadness and depression about this diagnosis. It explains alot about the problems I have had throughout my life. Literally explains them. I have always done things so inappropriately and I always thought that I just "f*cked up" and had a moment. This diagnosis and the comprehension of the flaws explains *by definition* why i do what I do. It all makes sense now.....and I cannot NOT cry thinking about it. Its so incredibly emotionally frustrating for me and all you are thinking about is how much of a asshole I am.

I had a hour conversation with my mom yesterday about it, and she said that I have been exhibiting my symptoms more predominantly lately. I explained to her that I've been *happier* in the past few months than I have been in a while, despite suffering much hardship. The happier I am, the more vocal I am. The happier I am, the more 'out of the shell' I am, the happier I am, the more I rant and ramble and type/say stuff. Its not just the internet....I exhibit this strongly in real life too....it just took a actual diagnosis and comprehension to understand what I was doing that I never understood before. That and the fact that I am actually proud of my riding makes me more vocal on the subject. This is why you see it more now and not before.

'new' places i hold back on. 'familiar' places i do not. Im extremely inappropriate when around family...but they know me for my flaws and laugh along at my inappropriate jokes instead of negatively reinforcing their opinions like you have Tj. You really are a asshole and you proved it with this and the conversation on aim. I will make a post about it in open talk so that you can see what a douche you really are.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
As I said before, you were not like this 6 months ago, or a year ago. Aspergers is something you have for most of your life and then learn to deal with. It's not something that hits you in your late twenties. If you really had aspergers you wouldn't have held back when that cop stopped you last year. You wouldn't have been fine for months on end talking to me and others. You had plenty of humility up until maybe the last couple of months then boom, all of a sudden you start going on and on about how many bangers you have and how good you are, yet you don't have a problem conversing about anything else? I didn't know you could just get aspergers for JUST riding.

I doubt you'll surprise anyone with how much of a "douche" I am. Good luck with that though.

Iriez

Re: ROUND3 battle: INTERMEDIATE group (jm vs Ultraman Zoffy vs Iriez)
« Reply #385 on: June 07, 2010, 12:00:32 AM »
Me and animal have been hitting the ground hardddddd every single day. If I lose I could care less.....I'm progressing at maniac speeds. I'm so incredibly pleased with my riding and so stoked on the concept of flatland.

The spot we ride at is amazing. Long beach is dubbed 'the most bicycle friendly city in the world' ...I'm going to make a video of all the people we meet. Some are Hella cool and some are retarded funny. I even pickup girls ;)

woooow. that's sounds inspirational man. good luck!

As im going through and editing all of my posts to remove anything that I believe could be taken out of my intended context, I just wanted to post this and say "This is what I intend, and here is someone who read the intent correctly"

EDIT - Went through entire thread and deleted/removed all the inappropriate posts to the best of my abilities.

Thank you ondo for being a really nice and positive person. Im going to post less so that I do not display my inabilities so harshly. Its affecting me very strongly to learn that what I do comes across so negatively.

Tj: You obviously did not read my post. Try again as I explained exactly what you just asked. You did the same thing on AIM...you've completely ignored that I've continually addressed the subject. You appear to have a inability to understand my conclusions. Im done talking about it with you, or at the least in this thread. The issue should be closed (along with the topic) as the competition is now over.

EDIT - I opened the issue in the appropriate forum: fight club. Good job on claiming that you are better than every other person on this board. Get over yourself. Atleast I can admit im screwed up and continually make mistakes, where you are just god.

Thank you everyone who participated, it was especially humbling to see so much good riding from everyone. I hope that you can share some media in the near future jm as I want to see more from you :)  :beer:
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 01:05:07 AM by Iriez »

jm

thanks man. no worries; I'll be hard at it making a new edit once I get settled in my new pad here. I'm in the process of developing "my own" style and look forward to putting in the time to make it happen.

One thing bugs me about all these recent posts, Iriez, so I'm just gonna say it--almost daily you say things you later say you shouldn't have said, just couldn't help it. Maybe try reading the posts again a few times before posting up?  idk, I'm not trying to judge or knock you down, I'm offering something constructive.   It just seems weird to say something totally egotistical, for example, and then come back and reference it basically saying "see what I did there, something is wrong with me".  imo, if you are aware of it you can control it.  Trust me, I have issues too.

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
One thing bugs me about all these recent posts, Iriez, so I'm just gonna say it--almost daily you say things you later say you shouldn't have said, just couldn't help it. Maybe try reading the posts again a few times before posting up?  idk, I'm not trying to judge or knock you down, I'm offering something constructive.   It just seems weird to say something totally egotistical, for example, and then come back and reference it basically saying "see what I did there, something is wrong with me".  imo, if you are aware of it you can control it.  Trust me, I have issues too.

^ This is pretty much where I got the impression of "Wow, this guy really wants to win..." lol  After a while it was like watching someone on the campaign trail for votes.

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
hahaha hmm seems to me like neither of you really was bothered about winning......MUCH!  anyway was there a reason to be so bothered about it apart from its the american way what was the prize???

Free trip to England to drink tea with PZA! Put the kettle on...

Offline sakis

• GF Inhabitant
zoffy had more variety there for sure.
while iriez had a little more dificulty but less tricks.
i vote zoffy cause it looks on the video he spended much more time learning more tricks.