Author Topic: New Mike S frame: Mankind - Code  (Read 11689 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
New Mike S frame: Mankind - Code
« on: April 24, 2010, 08:25:14 PM »
Some of you already spotted Michael Steingräberīs new Mankind signature frame "Code" on the Game of Skills photos. Now itīs time for some official information, technical specs and words from the man himself!

Head Angle: 74°
Seattube Angle: 71°
Toptube length: 18.5" or 19.5"
Chainstays: 12.6"
Weight: 1.7kg/3.75lb

Check out the photos in the parts section as well as Michaelīs comment on the frame geometry and design: Mankind - Code

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
Re: New Mike S frame: Mankind - Code
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 08:29:30 PM »
Oh hi there frame i'm be interested in, ive been patiently waiting for a 19.5 to come out with a low top tube - but has a longer rear end than my diamond. So pleased to see its finally here.

Ideally id like slightly longer rear triangle, perhaps mankind will make a longer chain stay version for the 19.5
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 08:35:29 PM by EZChris »
Proud member of the Spaff Cartel.

katobmx

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 08:33:50 PM »
Holy f*ck a 19.5! Wooo!

Shame about the 12.6 rear end. Perhaps they will do a longer rear end for the 19.5 version.
+1

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 10:46:58 PM »
I like it alot... Short rear end is no problem for me, im short too so i like my bikes compact. The attention to detail on this frame is unreal, and just ouze's quality... What was that..!? Fully heat treated! top job guys. Will there be any other colour options? Im guessing not... Yellows cool tho, Ondo style! :mellow:

Offline sneakflat

• Backpacker
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 03:37:00 AM »
nope theres black as well
I say to them its flatland and their like ?!?! :huh: im like  :rolleyes:

Offline Pat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 08:29:20 AM »
i'd get it if it had a longer rear end as well... hopefully this frame doesnt use the ridiculously short dropouts like the alive does, so you can still add a half inch or so to the cs length.
SLOflatlander-Central Coast California Flatland

Offline Pat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 08:35:58 AM »
oh by the way, the bb height in the parts section has a typo
SLOflatlander-Central Coast California Flatland

Offline sakis

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 11:10:10 AM »
if the 19.5'' is longer on the cs(13.25"?) i ll get it also for a hubrid and all around bike.
i hope it has some brake mounts also.
mike s bike check.
http://freedombmx.de/cgi-bin/adframe/artikel/article.html?ADFRAME_MCMS_ID=16731&id=127213191778359217831976
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 11:18:21 AM by 13.5'' »

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 11:16:32 AM »
i emailed mankind to find out.

Offline Hugo @ Portugal

• GF Inhabitant
    • FlatlandPT
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 12:12:56 PM »
Well it seems I wasn't very far from the truth, a frame that pretty much resembles the Alive but a bit sexier, it was logical and I like it.

Geometry makes sense I guess, but there's not much room there being this a signature frame from a  very experienced rider, there ain't much to be done here, he knows he's game and he built a toy that is perfect from him to play it, riders who don't like it can just go.. ride something else hehe

Colors are nice I guess, a bright one for people who are sick of black and plain old black that goes well with everything else.

Good job Mankind.

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2010, 12:51:58 PM »

Geometry makes sense I guess, but there's not much room there being this a signature frame from a  very experienced rider, there ain't much to be done here, he knows he's game and he built a toy that is perfect from him to play it, riders who don't like it can just go.. ride something else hehe

While I tottaly agree with you, it seems the decision to make a 19.5 would be Mankinds... as like you said, this is Mikes frame, and he likes the 18.8 range.

So from a buisness point of view, theyve allready made a longer version to appeal to that market, it seems a bit silly to only do it half-arsed when they could go the full way and make a frame that would suit ALOT of taller riders.

Offline dwin_gtr

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2010, 12:59:20 PM »
wow very nice, i wouldnt mind one if the price is right

Offline Hugo @ Portugal

• GF Inhabitant
    • FlatlandPT
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2010, 01:11:02 PM »
it seems a bit silly to only do it half-arsed when they could go the full way and make a frame that would suit ALOT of taller riders.

It is silly, I get your view on this, there's been a huge demand (at least on GF) over the last months for longer frames, but not just TT's, longer overall. The decision by companies of not fully reproducing those wishes is not clear but I guess they have a reason for that.

Offline Henrik

• Hitchhiker
    • Fi-bmx
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2010, 01:42:43 PM »
I'm riding the Mankind Alive frame and I like the changes they've made! But yeh, a bit longer dropouts/CS for the 19.5" model would be nice.

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2010, 02:20:57 PM »
it seems a bit silly to only do it half-arsed when they could go the full way and make a frame that would suit ALOT of taller riders.

It is silly, I get your view on this, there's been a huge demand (at least on GF) over the last months for longer frames, but not just TT's, longer overall. The decision by companies of not fully reproducing those wishes is not clear but I guess they have a reason for that.

From what I understand its beacuse the flatland market is quite alot different than street/park markets, alot of companies are cautious with their products and quite understandably unwilling to venture too far from the "norm" within flatland products.

Shame really, but I guess as with alot of things it just takes time, as the market picks up I expect we will see more options out there again.