Author Topic: khe/fed3ral freecoaster , broke driver bearing!  (Read 9688 times)

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
Re: khe/fed3ral freecoaster
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2010, 09:41:54 AM »
I see flatland fuel has the driver bearings for 5.99 .  Is that 5.99 for each one?
I need the inner driver bearing I do not know the number because the thing shattered ...
That's 1/4 of the price of the hub for  for two driver bearings WOOOOOW plus shipping WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
What a rip ! :angry:

wow stop being such a sh*tty mechanic and learn how to take care of your sh*t and you won't have to fix it all the time. I've had my geisha light since last year and aside from having a bent stud nothing has needed replacing and I'm pretty damn hard on my rear wheel.

Offline broke_khe

• Backpacker
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2010, 07:53:19 AM »
a sh!ty mechanik ROFL
Dude, the thing shattered into bits only the outer shell remains STUCK in their :angry:
It wobbles with only the last one I would clean them and would of but no lube at hand
stuff isn't free

You would think it would last longer than it did What ever another $12.00-20.00
at least the driver it self didn't break like the last two taska unsealds $90.00 for nothing bs
The star nuts were stripped last breakdown! Maybe was too much pressure :(:(:(:(
AND about $12.00 for 2 jam nuts HOLY COW
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 02:12:41 AM by broke_khe »

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2010, 07:55:22 AM »
Those bearings will not shatter into a million pieces unless you screwed up the pressure on the studs. Bearing failure of that degree is just absolutely unheard of when everything is properly installed.

fun fact: khe doesn't make the bearings. bearing companies make the bearings and KHE picks out which ones should work best in the hub.

Offline dereketheRED

• Funky Chicken
  • Derek
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2010, 09:27:37 AM »
What are the studs, please? They're not the stud springs inside the clutch are they? I just don't want to have the same results as broke_khe haha..

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2010, 09:28:35 AM »
What are the studs, please? They're not the stud springs inside the clutch are they? I just don't want to have the same results as broke_khe haha..

The studs are the "axle" parts that act as cone nuts on each side of the hub. If you tighten them down too much or run them too loose you run the risk of destroying the bearings.

Offline dereketheRED

• Funky Chicken
  • Derek
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2010, 09:33:04 AM »
Oh thanks  :beer:

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2010, 12:32:33 PM »
a sh!ty mechanik ROFL
Dude the thing shattered into bits only the outer shell remains STUCK in their :angry:
It wobbles with only the last one i would clean them and would of but no lube at hand
stuff isn't free

You would think it would last longer than it did What ever another $12.00-20.00 jip
at least the driver it self didn't break like the last two taska un-sealed's $90.00 for nothing
hip
hip
horr ayyyyyyyye
I STILL have this FREEWHEEL complete back wheel with your name on it here........DIBS?

Offline SIN

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2010, 05:12:20 PM »

Any 1 know if you can ride it with l drive bearing in ? I cant get the outer shell of the old bearing out Anyone have any ideas?

if you still have one good bearing in there you better get them out now! i had the pleasure of using a dremel to get out the outer races of both bearings(bearings completely exploded only the races remained in the driver), not fun... and since yours still has one all you need to do is pound out the inner one and whats left of the other will slide right out.

as for money, cant help you there, sell some lemonade???

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2010, 07:11:43 PM »

Any 1 know if you can ride it with l drive bearing in ? I cant get the outer shell of the old bearing out Anyone have any ideas?

if you still have one good bearing in there you better get them out now! i had the pleasure of using a dremel to get out the outer races of both bearings(bearings completely exploded only the races remained in the driver), not fun... and since yours still has one all you need to do is pound out the inner one and whats left of the other will slide right out.

as for money, cant help you there, sell some lemonade???

had to use a dremel on mine too!
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline Big B

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2010, 11:36:14 PM »
the bearings are pretty cheap on ebay

Offline broke_khe

• Backpacker
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2010, 08:19:58 PM »
I see flatland fuel has the driver bearings for 5.99 .  Is that 5.99 for each one?
I need the inner driver bearing I do not know the number because the thing shattered ...
That's 1/4 of the price of the hub for  for two driver bearings WOOOOOW plus shipping WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
What a rip ! :angry:

wow stop being such a sh*tty mechanic and learn how to take care of your sh*t and you won't have to fix it all the time. I've had my geisha light since last year and aside from having a bent stud nothing has needed replacing and I'm pretty damn hard on my rear wheel.
Hey!!! I changed that verse what the hell LOL The inner one is broken, only the outer race remains.  Gonna have fun there, I see it now :( The star jam-nuts were striped I'm running old axle nuts as the jam-nuts. I just hope my frame doesn't snap because of sidewards force to make the rim fit rear, oh yeah and THE CLUTCH SPRINGS ON THE AXLE WERE NICKED!!! both of them by the balls and shrapnel that got in there THANK GOD THE driver or the clutch didn't scorch as well! 
Please inspect at first sound of clanking
the bearings are pretty cheap on ebay
What size is the inner bearing do you know the number of it? I see  6905RS and 6802RS Anyone know? one would think the smaller ones should be cheaper? But nawp :(
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 08:39:25 PM by broke_khe »

Offline dereketheRED

• Funky Chicken
  • Derek
Re: khe/fed3ral freecoaster , broke driver bearing!
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2010, 03:59:42 AM »
Sounds like instead of bicycle grease you used nitroglycerin.. an easy mistake to make  -_-

Was there a literal chemical explosion in there? How are your parts scorched? This has never happened to me!

Were the bearings ACB's?

Offline TOflat

• GF Inhabitant
Re: khe/fed3ral freecoaster , broke driver bearing!
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2010, 05:09:57 AM »
Another thread dedicated to the awesomeness of KHE. You've learned your lesson, get a Nankai.