Author Topic: KGB Space F**k  (Read 4362 times)

Offline Yo Ima Robot

• Funky Chicken
KGB Space F**k
« on: May 01, 2010, 03:35:11 PM »
Has anyone else had the issue of stripping the bolt for your KGB Space fork I's? I've used proper sized ratchet heads as well as proper fitting wrenches and theyve all stripped my cap bolt. Is this replaceable and is anyone else suffering from this issue?
Take it apart, clean it, regrease it, and put it back together. If that doesn't work, nuke it! ;D

Offline Nesquik

• Cliffhanger
Re: KGB Space F**k
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 05:32:07 PM »
if you have good HS tension and your stem is tight, the top bolt isnt really necessary.
Whattttt?

Until you ride it like that for a while, and your damn fork falls off, or your headset/headtube gets destroyed as it slowly loosens

Offline Nesquik

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 05:54:30 PM »
how would the fork fall off or the HT/HS get destroyed if the stem is tight?
Well, if wouldnt. But thats if the stem stays tight, and doesnt move at all.

When you bail forwards repeatedly like me (lol) and the bars turn either way, it ends up loose

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 05:57:47 PM »
Until you ride it like that for a while, and your damn fork falls off, or your headset/headtube gets destroyed as it slowly loosens

It wouldn't, unless you "ride it" on street or vert. Folks ride flat all the time without the top bolt, Nesquik. You compress the headset first with the stem and top bolt, tighten the stem, then just remove the bolt. It'll loosen over a long enough amount of riding, but it won't straight fly off and maim someone. That'd be interesting to see though... lol

Offline Nesquik

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 06:04:21 PM »

It wouldn't, unless you "ride it" on street or vert. Folks ride flat all the time without the top bolt, Nesquik. You compress the headset first with the stem and top bolt, tighten the stem, then just remove the bolt. It'll loosen over a long enough amount of riding, but it won't straight fly off and maim someone. That'd be interesting to see though... lol

Ahh, I see. Op, go ahead and ignore everything I said then lol

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 08:28:54 PM »
I've been riding without a topbolt for years. no loose problems here at all!
Proud member of the Spaff Cartel.