Author Topic: Power Balance, does it work? ( I will be the judge of that)  (Read 30772 times)

Offline Ginman

• Backpacker
Re: Power Balance, does it work? ( I will be the judge of that)
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2010, 04:33:53 AM »
oh no..everyone's buying one,including a good friend of mine, paradoxium....
i guess i should stick with my lucky Orange juice tumbler for now  ;D
post some feedback Karl ok? ^_^

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2010, 04:58:36 AM »

Will do.  ^_^

xXMattXx

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2010, 05:04:12 AM »
well u should probably look at the adds again because it says it improves balance, flexabilty, and strength

Offline Ginman

• Backpacker
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2010, 07:46:43 AM »
as we all know scientifically, the only proven method that improves balance, flexibility, and strength is through practice and constant repetitions of what you do as long as your body has sufficient electrolytes to spend..

Offline Kevin Brill @ Kassel

• Backpacker
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2010, 07:59:28 AM »
Honestly, guys.... If you have any idea how the human body is working you should all know that this is NEVER going to work!

Magnetic field in the human body? You know, we are not made out of metal. Though we CAN be electrical charged there is no outcome from that...And I have never read from a battery in these things, wer should all the electric magic come from? ;)

As some have already mentioned, it is only a placebo effect... shame is, that sportsmen who are relativley popular (I dont know for sure I'm from germany and I dont know theses guys) sell their names for it.

But when it happens to give people a good feeling, its a good thing! But you should never buy it if you doubt in it, just a waste of money if you are going to critical test this

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2010, 09:16:34 AM »

Will do.  ^_^

I have the wrist band but have not tried it yet. I have some stuff that was given when in Asia with the same concept...again not used fully. Once my bike is back from the shop, I'll give it a go too.
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

Offline Flatgod

• Backpacker
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2010, 09:35:28 AM »
If you people believe in this then you should try meditation. Martial artists have used it for thousands of years and the effects of it are supposedly a lot more pronounced than the wristband.

• Backpacker
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2010, 10:09:05 AM »
If you people believe in this then you should try meditation. Martial artists have used it for thousands of years and the effects of it are supposedly a lot more pronounced than the wristband.

At least, the benefits of meditation have been scientifically proven! It helps people to stay calm and focus on their goals, and that has nothing to do with magical fields :D

All Flatlanders should meditate soon! :D

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2010, 06:29:50 PM »
...YEAH and so does laughter.

I've met one of nature's freaks who is sponsored by power balance. He does yoga(also teaches) and mediation...and looking at his record before and after such sponsorship, dude is doing brilliant.

BMX is sponsored by a company that is represented by some of the best athletes in the world. COOL.
You have no problem with RED BULL who has given everyone wings.(no issues with RB, if they can sponsor the hell out of a contest, gladly take their money and plaster their logo over a comp, but I've never drank their product).

It reminds me of Frank Lucas, sold Blue Magic but never cared to touch the stuff himself.  ;D
With all the talk about judging, floors, events related...etc. Someone mentioned a well known cigarette company as a sponsor.(sorry for the overlap, but then all these thought patterns to to mash-up in some form) 

Looking forward to an International high end contest in the making by participants in those
recent/other posts.  :mellow:

Neela
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 06:56:08 PM by ASC »
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2010, 09:22:43 PM »
Ok, so i got my Power Balance pendant today that i purchased off the offical PB site... I went for the pendant as i wear enough crap around my wrist's! ^_^

Q: So does it have special powers? A: No, obviously not!

Q: Did i notice a difference wearing it? A: Yes!

Q: Why...?

This is my theory... I went out on my bike same as usual, and still fell off same as usual. But when attempting my tricks i felt as though i could push beyond my normal falling points. I have been trying to let the frame swing out from hang 5 to forward steamroller for ages and never even got it to swing round. Today i thought i would try again, in the back of my mind i was thinking if i hold on for dear life and just go for it the PB pendant would assist me in balancing... lol. And it did! Now i don't believe for a second it was actually the pendant, but it gave me the power to believe in myself enough to push past my normal point of fear. So i would say it's a good tool for aiding in self belief, but it was me who did it... How long the novelty will last to keep me pushing my boundries is anybodys guess! I figure it will soon wear off and i will be where i was before. But to me it was enough just doing my first link!!! Oh, i even caught the link on film!!! Check out the little air grab of achievement i do in recognition of my sucess!! Im interested to see what Paradoxium and Matt make of it?? I do believe it requires an open mind to allow the illusion to work...Peace... ;D :beer:

Hang 5 to Steamroller link!! Small | Large

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2010, 04:57:47 AM »
Mentioned the same about "open mind" a while back within this topic listed below:

http://www.global-flat.com/smf/index.php?topic=32363.msg287222#msg287222

Swimming. If you are surrounded by water, its a shame not to take advantage.

Rasta is the most inspirational Riders I've ever known along with Mark(RadDad). There is not single thread of negativity in his bone. Its a blessing to meet and know of him. He also does yoga and has taught it. Whatever he does, no matter, he keeps an amazing positive outlook and always smiling.

Anyway here is what he uses, it might work for you or not...its all in how one views, keep with open mind:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiiR8VG4aPI

www.powerbalance.net

Well here ya go: (Karl he resides in Bryon Bay, and does these Ocean expeditions, for Ocean sustainability, if you ever get a chance he is a great person to meet.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tybu0PA6t2I[/youtube]
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 05:43:49 AM by ASC »
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

villetgk

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2010, 08:16:15 AM »
"Kevin@Kassel:
Honestly, guys.... If you have any idea how the human body is working you should all know that this is NEVER going to work!

Magnetic field in the human body? You know, we are not made out of metal. "

Unless your a full blown alcoholic named 'bender' "

Offline Flatgod

• Backpacker
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2010, 08:44:52 AM »

Magnetic field in the human body? You know, we are not made out of metal. Though we CAN be electrical charged there is no outcome from that...And I have never read from a battery in these things, wer should all the electric magic come from? ;)

As some have already mentioned, it is only a placebo effect... shame is, that sportsmen who are relativley popular (I dont know for sure I'm from germany and I dont know theses guys) sell their names for it.

But when it happens to give people a good feeling, its a good thing! But you should never buy it if you doubt in it, just a waste of money if you are going to critical test this

I'm not saying that this thing will work but here's just some quick education. Where does the electric magic come from ? - Magnetism. Actually electricity and magnetism are the same thing. They both consist of electrons and can be converted from one to the other.

Perhaps it is possible to stimulate the brain to learn faster and easier through electrical stimulation akin to overclocking a CPU. Electricity does have an effect on the human mind which has been proven through ECT - Electro-Convulsive Therapy. This has been known to cure many people of major depression. Of course, many (but not all) have also experienced amnesia with this. However, the point still stands that electricity definitely does have effects on the mind.

I still argue that the wristband does not work though due to the fact that it is basically just a simple magnet worn on the outside of the body and there is no direct connection between this device and the brain.

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2010, 09:09:51 AM »

also experienced amnesia with this.

OMG if I knew that I would have tried it sooner. All this time I had it tucked away in case since my Asia trip.

Thank you for this lovely info I can't wait for die mind.

Neela :wub:

RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

• Backpacker
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2010, 06:43:46 PM »

I'm not saying that this thing will work but here's just some quick education. Where does the electric magic come from ? - Magnetism. Actually electricity and magnetism are the same thing. They both consist of electrons and can be converted from one to the other.

Perhaps it is possible to stimulate the brain to learn faster and easier through electrical stimulation akin to overclocking a CPU. Electricity does have an effect on the human mind which has been proven through ECT - Electro-Convulsive Therapy. This has been known to cure many people of major depression. Of course, many (but not all) have also experienced amnesia with this. However, the point still stands that electricity definitely does have effects on the mind.

I still argue that the wristband does not work though due to the fact that it is basically just a simple magnet worn on the outside of the body and there is no direct connection between this device and the brain.

From what I know and what Wikipedia says, magnetism CAN include electrical charged spooles but our nerves dont work like that. Though our brain works through electrical shocks, this is so...uhm... let's say its a drop in the ocean. Your whole electric energy in your body is like nothing...Really, it is trivial to even think about that it could interact with a magnet.

ECT on the other hand is something different, thats a power source that can interact with your brain.

But whatever, that is not the point. I am not a physician. I am only a bio-technician in the 11th grade of school :D

But I think we can all agree, that this stuff is good for you if you are believing in it. But it is not something that will actually push your riding without you having to do anything.

greetings from germany