Author Topic: Love BMX #26  (Read 6089 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Love BMX #26
« on: April 22, 2010, 03:59:35 PM »
Spring arrived in Europe and the new BMX season starts with fresh issue of LOVEBMX! What is inside and in English?

- Ladies and gentlemen...Vojta Drda! (big interview with Czech flatland rider from Prague)

- Articles: BMX Hall: Stráž pod Ralskem, Red Bull Fight with flight, Visit my town: stop 4

- Who? TJ Perry! (flatlander from USA)

Cool to see another flatland cover on LoveBMX!

Check it out: www.lovebmx.cz

Offline Wouter van der Linde

• GF Inhabitant
    • Dutchflatland
Re: Love BMX #26
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 05:11:28 PM »
omg! my photo is in the love bmx magazine! Stoked!
even its really small hehe

Offline AtlFlatCrew

• Backpacker
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 06:06:10 PM »
loving the Desperados Ad.. by far the best beer in the world, if only we could get it here in the states!

Offline JFos

• GF Inhabitant
    • www.myspace/richardmccoy.com
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 06:23:31 PM »
I think a judge who doesnt take into consideration how dialed someone is "should be kept away fromt he table."

people do have sketchy styles...but then their style isnt their strong point. so inversely you shouldnt big up someone for doing difficult tricks easily compared to someone jelling through the exact same link.

I think a judge that backs a system that counts difficulty on par with variety should be kept away from the tables.

I think this persons as flawed as someone not giving credit for pumping a similar link thats being scuffed or even worst voting against someone for pumping.

Tj pokey.  :mellow:

( FIXED..one use of THERE covnerted to THEIR, one dropped g on DOING converted to DOIN.

The substance of this statement is easy..so??? )
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 09:05:47 PM by JFos »
Schramm’s Law: “The single most important contributor to a nation’s economic growth is the number of startups that grow to a billion dollars in revenue within 20 years.”

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 08:10:02 PM »
I don't even understand what you just said.

Offline JFos

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 09:03:24 PM »
: /

ok.

:mellow:
Schramm’s Law: “The single most important contributor to a nation’s economic growth is the number of startups that grow to a billion dollars in revenue within 20 years.”

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 09:10:07 PM »
I mean if two dudes do the EXACT same run you can say "okay this guy did it demonstrably better" but other than that style shouldn't be part of the judging criteria.

If you fall in love with one of two twins it's going to come down to personality in the end right?

Offline JFos

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 09:17:10 PM »
clarifying. if you count difficulty as 20% along with variety at 20% or equally for that matter your going to end up with people not pulling difficult tricks getting put ahgead of people trying easy variety still not pulling tricks. Difficulty should be counted more than originality OR variety. Your statement that no one should be allowed close to the judges table who would use style as a criteria is silly. Style is as important as variety but none as important as difficulty. but all shoudl be considered. I mean why count anything other than difficulty and pulling your tricks?

honestly your not going to get a subjective opinion on originality or style or variety. i personally dont think variety realy means anything in a 1.5 minute run. It def shouldnt be counted on par with Difficulty. Thats how someone can justify their response to your critique of judging at Jomo. People pointed out they followed the format. If two of four judges grayly thought ucchies run wasnt as full of variety or one of the other two categories...then the formats flawed. style..originality and variety shouldnt trump difficulty in %'s...and none should trump execution.

I mean UCChie's strongest point after difficulty IS how sollid his links and tricks are. Which variety difficulty originality nor anything covers.

Martti was sketchy but his difficulty made up for that same with originality and his variety....your not allowing some riders strongest aspect to be counted.

Im not talking about pumping your fist at the end of every run nor am i talking about wearing a matching fullface with your leathers.

Offline JFos

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 09:18:14 PM »
yes...but personality isnt the hottness right in your meta?

personality would be the variety, originality, and yes style.

im not event alking about just flow.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2010, 09:27:34 PM »
Still not sure how you're defining style per se because as far as I can tell it's "not wobbling after pulling a trick".

Offline flat1ander

• Backpacker
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2010, 04:32:11 PM »

- Who? <strong>TJ Perry</strong>! (flatlander from USA)

that is this referring too?

Offline keith

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2010, 06:21:41 PM »
Im not talking about pumping your fist at the end of every run nor am i talking about wearing a matching fullface with your leathers.

I prefer scuffing my fist at the end of my run.  It looks better.