Author Topic: Fly-Hi BMX Jam in Kyoto  (Read 3719 times)

Offline Zaak

Fly-Hi BMX Jam in Kyoto
« on: May 01, 2007, 07:02:13 AM »
So, I have been living and riding in Kyoto Japan for about a year and a half now.  Every few months Nuts, the guy who runs the Kyoto flatland shop(Fly-Hi) organizes a jam at a spot by the river that runs through Kyoto.  The event used to be a BMX school, where the more experienced riders would teach the beginners new tricks, but it has developed into just an all day jam. 

At the jam in Febuary about 60 riders showed up, which was amazing, but way to many people for such a small spot.  A few pros like Hiro, York, and Yanmar were there too.  Redbull came as well, with lots of free drinks.

Last weekend was quite smaller, with around 30 or so riders, mostly from nearby areas like Osaka, Shiga, and Aichi.  Riders started showing up a little before noon and rode until it got dark.  It was a little too hot out for my liking, but still a great time.  I borrowed a friend's camera and got some photos, you can check them out here:  http://www.global-flat.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=253

There are also photos of the previous jam at the Fly-Hi website http://www.flyhi-bmx.com/ but it is all in Japanese.

Zaak.

Offline Vic

• Cliffhanger
  • New Zealand
Re: Fly-Hi BMX Jam in Kyoto
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 12:33:59 PM »
you should try get a video next time, videos from Japan are what I look forward to most
griOt: "I suggest start learning Hang5. This trick will open a lot of doors, such as courage"

Offline Bobby

• Backpacker
    • Diversion TV
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 11:07:26 PM »
Is this the same Zaak that used to live in Okinawa?
=bobby=

Offline Metaphore

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 11:21:41 AM »
Cool!
Thanks for the pics!
Looks like a cosy little spot.. Not as flashy as the others I've seen around Japan with crazy buildings and lighting, but hey.. Maybe less people walking in the way ;)

EDIT: How weird is that? 'Only' 30riders showed up! Haha, if I organise a local jam, I'd be lucky to have 10 riders  :P