Author Topic: JoMoPro 2010 Results  (Read 56000 times)

Offline Burd

• Cliffhanger
Re: JoMoPro 2010 Results
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2010, 04:35:44 PM »
Just watched the recorded earlier battles.  Now I see what everyone was complaining about.  What Ucchie may have lacked in variety he MORE than made up for in difficulty and trick quantity!  Glad to see Trevor back, but he got beat in my opinion.

Brian

Trevor shrugged after they showed the results as if he thought Ucchie probably should have won as well.  The manual to whopper Ucchie pulled as his last trick was killer...

Offline stopkaiross

• Backpacker
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2010, 04:56:28 PM »
ucchie's cross-foot, pedal, backwards crazyness made my night.

When the judges gave Trevor the win my stomach sank and I felt a little sick. I just felt bad for uchie...

Luke

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2010, 05:58:41 PM »

When the judges gave Trevor the win my stomach sank and I felt a little sick. I just felt bad for uchie...

yea as soon I saw that I turned it off and went riding  :huh:

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2010, 06:36:40 PM »
With that panel of judges, I'm even more shocked with the outcome now.
Very poor.

I'm not. At all.

Offline Stereolab

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2010, 07:03:26 PM »
Let me preface this by saying that I haven't yet watched the video.

The consensus seems to be that Ucchie did better than Trevor...but I have to assume that Trevor rode well also.  One thing I'm surprised people aren't talking about is that this is a risk you take when contests are in this battle format.  If the contest had been in a more traditional format (let's say eight people qualify and they each get two two-minute runs, not "battling" anyone in particular)...hypothetically Trevor could have gotten second if the judges thought he was a little better, but then maybe Ucchie could have gotten third, and then maybe people wouldn't be so disappointed as they are with Ucchie finishing as an afterthought in sixth.

I think the "battle" system is fine for determining a champion, as the guy who wins every battle clearly deserves to win, but I think all the placings after that can be taken with a grain of salt.  Just like there are no "placings" at the end of the March Madness basketball tournament...you either win or you don't.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2010, 07:11:21 PM »
Let me preface this by saying that I haven't yet watched the video.

The consensus seems to be that Ucchie did better than Trevor...but I have to assume that Trevor rode well also.  One thing I'm surprised people aren't talking about is that this is a risk you take when contests are in this battle format.  If the contest had been in a more traditional format (let's say eight people qualify and they each get two two-minute runs, not "battling" anyone in particular)...hypothetically Trevor could have gotten second if the judges thought he was a little better, but then maybe Ucchie could have gotten third, and then maybe people wouldn't be so disappointed as they are with Ucchie finishing as an afterthought in sixth.

No, the problem is that Trevor and Ucchie rode against one another, and the judges gave it to Trevor.

Offline infeCt3d

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2010, 07:15:36 PM »

yea as soon I saw that I turned it off and went riding  :huh:

lol bro thats the same thing i did... i told everyone bye and went riding.  But anyways if you look at the video and look at UCCHIE when the judges announce the winner.  He was already happy knowing HE WON!! and when he found out the outcome.. his body language was enough =(  We might not see ucchie no more in U.S. contests.  =[

villetgk

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2010, 07:21:38 PM »
"indyBarber73:
I noticed that alot of very skilled riders are riding in classes that they REALLY should not be in,so could somebody please tell me what class I should ride in in Dayton."

I am kinda in the same boat as you!!! I have my run pretty consistent now,except for this one 1/2 foot *safety* touch, but I guess I need to watch this years contest footage to see where I should be.  I still have a few more weeks to add some things to my run, but also don't know a time limit I should be looking at either. 

Offline jazzman

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2010, 08:02:55 PM »
OMFG!
Ucchie flippin smashed it!
Who were these judges :huh:??

Bobby Carter, Kelly Baldwin, Scott Powell, Lee HUCK Edwards, and Bryan Huffman.

Brian and Bobby at least had their heads on straight for that round.
I know bryan voted for ucchie...  just wanted to make that clear.
"This thread is hilarious. "-TJ Perry
"I feel the same about your political opinion as I do about your d!ck. I'm glad you have it, I'm glad you're so very proud of it..but I do not want to hear about it, compare it to mine, or see you wave it around.

After all, everyone believes their own is perfect anyway."

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2010, 08:05:47 PM »
OMFG!
Ucchie flippin smashed it!
Who were these judges :huh:??

Bobby Carter, Kelly Baldwin, Scott Powell, Lee HUCK Edwards, and Bryan Huffman.

Brian and Bobby at least had their heads on straight for that round.
I know bryan voted for ucchie...  just wanted to make that clear.

I know he did too. He is consistently one of the most level headed and qualified judges I've ever seen.

Offline ollie

• Backpacker
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2010, 08:49:21 PM »

I recommend to Jomopro to send an OFFICIAL APOLOGY to UCCHIE!

hmm :huh:

Offline thestraw

• Backpacker
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2010, 09:14:17 PM »
i don't  really feel like trying to find out which battle it was at the moment, but i judged the voodoo jam that ucchie won.  i remember it was prob the first battle and i thought he easily lost to whomever he was against.  i was in that minority and ucchie won the contest, whilst i thought someone had been ripped off.  whatever didn't do it for me in the battle i voted against he made up for cuz i thought he won everything after that.  my point is, this kinda stuff still happens at prob every contest.  it's not trevor's fault

Offline radoaos

• Backpacker
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2010, 09:35:42 PM »
I usually chat with Huffman after every contest.  He has probably forgotten more tricks than most of us will ever learn.  None of the other judges lacked experience either.  Sometimes people might get caught in what they want to see, versus what is actually happening.  I don't want to hate on the judges too much, because it isn't an easy job.  Maybe we should just accept since this sport doesn't have points / goals / definitive times, we can't have a quantifiable winner, and someone will always feel ripped off at every contest.

On a side note, Huffman is about to run away with the am circuit for expert.  Although I think a lot of people feel he should have rode master.  I'll be sure to give him a hard time at the NC jam in May.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2010, 09:43:07 PM »
I usually chat with Huffman after every contest.  He has probably forgotten more tricks than most of us will ever learn.  None of the other judges lacked experience either.  Sometimes people might get caught in what they want to see, versus what is actually happening.  I don't want to hate on the judges too much, because it isn't an easy job.  Maybe we should just accept since this sport doesn't have points / goals / definitive times, we can't have a quantifiable winner, and someone will always feel ripped off at every contest.

Huffman is a great guy and like I said I think he is an incredibly solid judge. A few of the others I think are not, and based on what I've heard from a few people now about the other judges rationale for why they made the calls they did, it's pretty obvious they had some heavy bias towards one style over the other.

It's not that difficult to judge. It REALLY isn't.

Offline SNOOP

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2010, 09:44:52 PM »
i don't  really feel like trying to find out which battle it was at the moment, but i judged the voodoo jam that ucchie won.  i remember it was prob the first battle and i thought he easily lost to whomever he was against.  i was in that minority and ucchie won the contest, whilst i thought someone had been ripped off.  whatever didn't do it for me in the battle i voted against he made up for cuz i thought he won everything after that.  my point is, this kinda stuff still happens at prob every contest.  it's not trevor's fault

+1 in no way shape or form should anyone blame..or have words for trevor... Its just flatland semantics..f*cking rip off.. Im sure trev didnt want his ass kissed like that. Ucchie ripped it..And in my opinion...Dane stomped down on Alex..Because if "ucchie lacked variety" then..what makes alex j's riding so full of variety....