Author Topic: Mega Spins + Wheelchairs  (Read 1639 times)

Offline FlatRob

• Funky Chicken
Mega Spins + Wheelchairs
« on: May 01, 2007, 04:50:47 AM »
I'm getting wheelchairs down pretty consistently for a few feet, but I can only go to the right of me. Is there a way to lean in and go to the left? Or am I limited to a circle going right? I wanna make sure I'm doing it right, so whoever can explain the correct form and balancing techniques, I'd be very grateful towards 'em..

And, with a crackpacker, you basically go into a wheelchair and keep the frame straight up in front of you, and pump forwards? And maybe slightly to the left/right to turn? I'm just guessing out of common sense. =P It can't be much harder than wheelchairs, can it?

And, since BMXTRIX is down, can anyone explain to me as in-depth as they can how to do mega spins? I wanna learn 'em next.
Never ride backwards into a busy street, kids! :)

TJ Perry

Re: Mega Spins + Wheelchairs
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 04:54:23 AM »
I'm getting wheelchairs down pretty consistently for a few feet, but I can only go to the right of me. Is there a way to lean in and go to the left? Or am I limited to a circle going right? I wanna make sure I'm doing it right, so whoever can explain the correct form and balancing techniques, I'd be very grateful towards 'em..

And, with a crackpacker, you basically go into a wheelchair and keep the frame straight up in front of you, and pump forwards? And maybe slightly to the left/right to turn? I'm just guessing out of common sense. =P It can't be much harder than wheelchairs, can it?

And, since BMXTRIX is down, can anyone explain to me as in-depth as they can how to do mega spins? I wanna learn 'em next.

Watch videos of people doing the tricks you described. Copy what they do and practice until your feet bleed.

Megaspins are all about just trying and trying until you literally.. just... get them.

Offline FlatRob

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 12:22:31 PM »
Bah.. Easier done than said, for me. =P Thanks, I guess.. TJ, do you have AIM/MSN? Maybe we could chat later..
Never ride backwards into a busy street, kids! :)

Offline iRobot

• Funky Chicken
  • RUM is the answer
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 04:12:52 PM »
I'm a beginner/intermediate rider.

Megaspins: Usually I dig into the forward rotation low at a medium speed, then raise the bike (to gain rotational speed). Once Im comfortable, I 'touch' the rear wheel and pull down hard, locking my pivot knee/thigh into the side of the seat and lean into the 'reverse' direction of the spin. Normally, I land into an infinity roll then ride out.

Try not to think too much. Just feel it.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 04:20:58 PM by iRobot »
r0bot

Offline D

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 04:18:51 PM »
Lean really hard into the spin.  Really hard.