Author Topic: PRECISION STEM!!!!!  (Read 28296 times)

Offline infeCt3d

• Hitchhiker
PRECISION STEM!!!!!
« on: March 31, 2010, 03:58:35 AM »
IS THE BEST STEM I'VE EVER RODE IN THE PASS 8 YEARS.....ive been thru about 5 or more stems and this one is the best...

All my tricks feel so much stable and... i did 4 WHIPLASHES lollllllllllll only one time and did 3 a few times i could two now alot i love it THANKS MARCEL!!!!!!!!!

Offline Nesquik

• Cliffhanger
Re: PRECISION STEM!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 03:59:45 AM »
If my buy this stem, will I do 4 whiplashes?

Good job btw

Offline infeCt3d

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 04:05:26 AM »
hhahahah I have no idea but ive been using a 26mm Quamen macross for awhile and could never get two... now i can get 2 or 3 or 4  i want 10 now!!

Offline infeCt3d

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 04:14:36 AM »
35mm for the WIN!  :beer:

Offline smartypants

• Hitchhiker
    • Gaasracing
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 04:25:12 AM »
Marcel for the WIN  ;D ;D ;D ;D :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Offline name

• Company
  • Cliffhanger
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 04:59:21 AM »
 :beer: Thanks for the feedback on how you like the stem! Marcel-
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 05:04:07 AM by name »

Offline DennyPhiL

• Cliffhanger
  • Goodbye Flatland, hello Freestyle.
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 05:11:31 AM »
i cant wait to have it here in PHILIPPINES

35mm nice
Kuoppa Gomez Bikes

Offline SIN

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 06:00:25 PM »
hhahahah I have no idea but ive been using a 26mm Quamen macross for awhile and could never get two... now i can get 2 or 3 or 4  i want 10 now!!

what forks and bars you running?

Offline couch

• Hitchhiker
    • ZodiacEng.
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2010, 09:10:23 PM »
Could have just moved your bars forward.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2010, 09:12:10 PM »

Not the same thing at all.

Offline infeCt3d

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2010, 09:18:22 PM »

Not the same thing at all.

its totally not the same... the leverage ain't there and... Trust me before i SPEND MONEY ON PARTS.... I definitely moved my bars forward and trust it does not feel the same. 

what forks and bars you running?

Chase Flatware bars... not cut 25inches... no backsweep... im 5'6'' and I run Tanaka prototype forks that jesse p.  hooked me up when they came out and still haven't broke lol....like 3-4years ago =p

Offline rawchild

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2010, 09:39:48 PM »
okay...wait..so your saying if you buy the stem is comes with whiplashes?  sweet ;D
Hey Meg...check this out.

Offline robpossible

• GF Inhabitant
  • Crackpacker to kitchen table
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2010, 09:50:07 PM »
Why do you insist on writing this over and over. This is in insult. Stop being so arrogant. You are  smart, you know some things, don't abuse it. Have an opinion, but stop being so pushy! I doubt any one likes this attitude or fines it helpful.
1st law of thermodynamics: Energy can not be created or destroyed, it only changes in form.

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2010, 02:14:02 AM »

The 35mm reach gives knee clearance needed with whiplashes. ;)

The rider makes the trick happen, not the bike, but sometimes having the right part makes things easier.  -_-

Offline couch

• Hitchhiker
    • ZodiacEng.
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2010, 02:31:06 AM »
Why do you insist on writing this over and over. This is in insult. Stop being so arrogant. You are  smart, you know some things, don't abuse it. Have an opinion, but stop being so pushy! I doubt any one likes this attitude or fines it helpful.

I write it over and over because it is true, and correct. I'm not saying it to insult you, or to puff up my chest. Calm down. I'm not abusing anything, nor am I putting anyone down. I'll gladly leave this forum if my presence makes you that uncomfortable. However, you are taking things out of context and overreacting.

Moving your handlebars changes upsweep, backsweep and rise every so slightly, it is negligible, especially when you're only talking about 9mm. Example, a 9" tall bar originally parallel to the steerer at 75 degrees will rise from the ground by .085" Not sure how much you've thought about it but given the same stem rise/drop but just a longer reach by 9mm you will rise the bar by the same amount. So rise is a nonissue. Sweep is another thing, however still very very negligible.

How does your body weight and rest of the bike know which path your bars take to get to your steerer? Its simply changing reach higher, than right down at the level of the stem. Your handlebars could make a figure eight and the grips would still be in the same position. You are still steering around the same point, your hands are still in the same position, your body weight is still in the same position. I could go on about this in more detail but it seems as if you don't care to listen anyways so I digress.

Its nice to see these are selling.