Author Topic: Where is flatland going? Whats the next chapters in the evolution of this sport?  (Read 2096 times)

Offline mr.cool

• Forkglider
WOW!! There are some really, interesting 'answers' here. I was never looking for a 'right' or 'wrong' answer with these post, just opinions and perspectives. Judging by some replies, it almost seems theres a divison between old school and nu skool views on what flatland is, but a consensus about why you ride it. None the less a lesson to us all. so for my last question, the future of flatland? MTB flatland has already started. You have kunst(?). So where next?   

By the way thanks to all y'all for replying to the threads, brap! hopefully someone will keep up with the interesting topics. Cos you haters love it !

PS.If you can be bothered can you please send me photos of where you ride, to my email addy. kiss kiss

Offline HitchHikingFlatlander

• Cliffhanger
Are you with the FBI?!

Maybe I should have my lawyer present!

Flatland to me is going nowhere, not in terms of good or bad but personally. Flat is here to stay for me and riding is personal to me first and foremost so wherever it goes for the majority best of luck, but I know I'll be riding in the future.

Budz

flatland can go as far as anyone wants to take it. as long as people get their attitudes back in check and stop hatin on others cuz they dont like their style, or cuz they use or dont use brakes, or their socks are too high, or they wear a helmet when they ride, or theyre on a 24" bike, etc.
whatever...its all flatland.
one love!

Offline Sweatpants

• Backpacker
i'm still waiting for hi-tops to come back.

Offline Booroo

• Hitchhiker
In my opinion,

The progress in general(!!!) will be reduced coz many riders even (best and pro) have progressed a lot due to new technologies and so on. I cant imagine that bikes tomorrow will be lighter and easer to ride. Also many pro-riders are getting older and older. Maybe I`m wrong who knows...
Better to ride not so smooth but with your own style, than trying to be a copy.

Budz

haha..hell yea! :P ^_^
check the new Ride mag...in the buyers guide they have some kool azz Nike high-tops. i wonder if K.J is sittin at home thinkin, "HMmm!?"lol

Offline Raymon

• Backpacker
haha..hell yea! :P ^_^
check the new Ride mag...in the buyers guide they have some kool azz Nike high-tops. i wonder if K.J is sittin at home thinkin, "HMmm!?"lol

hehe, I ride with Nike hightops

Offline Flatpanda

• Cliffhanger

Where have you been? They've come and gone.
If you want Fr..Fr..Fresh, the only way is socks and sandals.

Offline Kev

• Team
  • Cliffhanger
  • Did you see what I said?
    • Virtual Flatland instructor
If you want Fr..Fr..Fresh, the only way is socks and sandals.

Hahaha.  Thanks, I needed that.