Author Topic: flatland university  (Read 1344 times)

Offline indyflatjake

• Hitchhiker
    • Midwest Flatland
flatland university
« on: April 25, 2007, 06:17:51 PM »
I think all states should try to form some kind of class to teach basic flatland bmx. maybe small groups like 2 through 5. try to get there city involved and see if they might be willing to lend a hand maybe with facilities. maybe meet with the kids a couple times a week have a jam with them one of the days. have classes for novice, beginner, amature. It is just an idea but i think if things like this were organized across the country maybe it would start a new trend and maybe take the sport to the next level.

Offline pulsar

• GF Inhabitant
Re: flatland university
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 12:10:46 AM »
man that sounds like a ton of work. it is a great idea though. i guess the first step would be where to start. if you can get one city involved, it would be easier to get others involved.

Offline Cyberdemon

• Forkglider
Re: flatland university
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 12:22:25 AM »
You forget that classes cost money, so do bikes, insurance (It doesn't matter if we never leave the ground, if a kid falls wrong and lands with a peg in his spleen it can still be a liability), etc.

If you personally wanted to organize something like that I would suggest trying to get in contact with a local YMCA, after school program, or something similar. Even then most of them would be very hesitant to allow something like that that.

Theres nothing you could get from a class that you couldn't get from just riding with someone better than you.