Author Topic: Dayummmm Chase!  (Read 23278 times)

Offline Stubbleduck43

• GF Inhabitant
Dayummmm Chase!
« on: March 13, 2010, 02:21:18 AM »
You don't want to use brakes because it's the not "in thing'' and it makes your bike heavy?  Well, here ya go.  

http://www.odysseybmx.com/videos/?v=4402

http://www.odysseybmx.com/videos/?v=4494

'nuff said.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 03:17:00 AM by Stubbleduck43 »

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Dayummmm Chase!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 02:56:04 AM »
Wow, Killer riding as usual. I swear he is STILL pushing the envelope without ever lookin like a trend FOLLOWER ,ALWAYS a trend SETTER!!!! No pumping as well just straight momentum.
How refreshing to see this caliber of riding. I spied 2 future up and comers in the background too...;D

Offline Stubbleduck43

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 03:28:13 AM »
Yea, it just sux seeing beginners riding the "up-to-date" frames and parts and riding brakeless and not doing too good.  Just because it's what everyone ELSE is doing.  My thought is that you NEED to learn bike control first.  And brakes is where you start.  If you don't want to use your brakes, then DON'T GRAB THEM!!!!!  I think Chase IS a trend setter and is ahead of everyone's time and will always be.  I guess now-a-days it's just the younger state of mind.  You have to have the latest and greatest parts, the latest clothes, and try to do the latest tricks.  I know of guys that can do all the forward rolling on the front wheel tricks and can't even do a decade.  I guess this is why I'm loosing interest.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 03:32:27 AM by Stubbleduck43 »

Offline bloody0sabbath

• Backpacker
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 03:47:46 AM »
Yea, it just sux seeing beginners riding the "up-to-date" frames and parts and riding brakeless and not doing too good.  Just because it's what everyone ELSE is doing.  My thought is that you NEED to learn bike control first.  And brakes is where you start.  If you don't want to use your brakes, then DON'T GRAB THEM!!!!!  I think Chase IS a trend setter and is ahead of everyone's time and will always be.  I guess now-a-days it's just the younger state of mind.  You have to have the latest and greatest parts, the latest clothes, and try to do the latest tricks.  I know of guys that can do all the forward rolling on the front wheel tricks and can't even do a decade.  I guess this is why I'm loosing interest.

Shut the f*ck up, and go ride your bike.

Sick video brotha'.
I'd Yield to the devil instantly, Did it not happen that myself am he!

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 04:07:54 AM »

You guys are going off on trendy guys, who are the trendy guys putting out videos right now that you have a problem with enough to know what they're doing is "wrong" or however you want to say it compared to Chase?

still waiting for the names here.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 12:31:27 AM by 2flat2furious »

Offline scarzo

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 04:17:09 AM »
What kind of frame is Chase riding?

Offline DLK

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2010, 04:57:14 AM »
What kind of frame is Chase riding?

I asked him that question in an email. He said it's a frame KHE made for him. He said it is NOT his Flatware prototype.

Offline Stubbleduck43

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2010, 08:37:50 AM »
Wow, Killer riding as usual. I swear he is STILL pushing the envelope without ever lookin like a trend FOLLOWER ,ALWAYS a trend SETTER!!!! No pumping as well just straight momentum.
How refreshing to see this caliber of riding. I spied 2 future up and comers in the background too...;D

+100000000

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2010, 08:40:34 AM »
You have to have the latest and greatest parts, the latest clothes, and try to do the latest tricks.  I know of guys that can do all the forward rolling on the front wheel tricks and can't even do a decade.  I guess this is why I'm loosing interest.

Not to be rude, but telling people that they're riding the wrong way (which is your own personal paradigm of what riding should be) goes completely against the grain of what you're saying here.

You guys are going off on trendy guys, who are the trendy guys putting out videos right now that you have a problem with enough to know what they're doing is "wrong" or however you want to say it compared to Chase?

Gonna get this thread to 4-5 pages before you know it!  -_-

i repeat

Offline Stubbleduck43

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2010, 08:45:25 AM »

Me too!

Offline ortho

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2010, 04:08:14 PM »
Stubble I don't think it's anything to lose interest over. You're still free to ride however you like and I think there are a lot of other guys out there like you so you're not lacking for support here on Global. Things change man and kids are kids. There was no shortage of these types when we were kids too... theres always a ton of crappy practitioners in any hobby or sport in any given era. I try not to get too hung up on it because there is so much more awesome stuff going on in the flat world right now that overrule the BS. Tricks like the decade are still very well represented in serious flatland. Those kids will prob learn them eventually if they haven't already given up the bikes entirely for girls, cars, or partying.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2010, 04:15:14 PM »
So either you are too much of a coward to name names, or you're just spouting off nonsense for the sake of talking sh*t. Alright then.

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2010, 05:43:55 PM »
Stubble I don't think it's anything to lose interest over. You're still free to ride however you like and I think there are a lot of other guys out there like you so you're not lacking for support here on Global. Things change man and kids are kids. There was no shortage of these types when we were kids too... theres always a ton of crappy practitioners in any hobby or sport in any given era. I try not to get too hung up on it because there is so much more awesome stuff going on in the flat world right now that overrule the BS. Tricks like the decade are still very well represented in serious flatland. Those kids will prob learn them eventually if they haven't already given up the bikes entirely for girls, cars, or partying.

+1

Definitely not anything to lose interest over.  Stubble, man...this is FREEstyle.  You and I know this, just do what you do man.  I still rock both brakes...and Matt Wilhelm and Dowker just won their classes at Fight with Flight, rockin' both brakes.  There are those that still ride with both brakes, I just think you don't see them postin' up all over the internet to much.

Oh, also...I ride with a guy(Alex) who is 16 and is an amazing up and comer.  He rides a Strowler and loves to learn old tricks too.  I've seen him doing framestands, bar-hops, etc.  Those kinds of old tricks, plus any and every kind of new rolling/pumping combo you can think of.   He's learning decades now.

But yeah, love these videos.  Chase is definitely always steppin' up the game.  Ironically, he basically started the no brake trend, and now is going back to revisit riding with brakes to master even more tricks/links.  With out a doubt in my mind, this man's bag of tricks is deeper than any other flatlanders.  
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 05:51:16 PM by tod miller »
"A puppet no more!"

Offline bloody0sabbath

• Backpacker
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2010, 05:45:37 PM »
So either you are too much of a coward to name names, or you're just spouting off nonsense for the sake of talking sh*t. Alright then.

You're just looking to start something aren't you. hahah
I'd Yield to the devil instantly, Did it not happen that myself am he!

Offline tafkat

• GF Inhabitant
    • Jon Lavigne Dot com
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2010, 06:04:28 PM »
I guess this is why I'm losing interest.

Fixed spelling.

Stubble, dude, you care too much about what other people are doing. Don't worry about it, just have fun.