Author Topic: kgb forks space 2  (Read 9742 times)

Offline PrFlat

• Funky Chicken
Re: kgb forks space 2
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2008, 02:07:35 AM »
I have  forks space 2 for sale Special price $175.00  with  Shiping!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 02:09:06 AM by PrFlat »

Offline Peter Eng

• Backpacker
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2008, 04:18:43 AM »
kgb forks space 2 is very very very heavy and ungry :P i think you buy the ligther forks like(ABT)is very very good forks and the best ligther forks pls reply thank you? :ph34r: -_- ^_^ :mellow: :beer:

Offline Nesquik

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2008, 04:41:59 AM »
kgb forks space 2 is very very very heavy and ungry :P i think you buy the ligther forks like(ABT)is very very good forks and the best ligther forks pls reply thank you? :ph34r: -_- ^_^ :mellow: :beer:

I love your signature finish. "pls reply thank you? :ph34r: -_- ^_^ :mellow: :beer:"

Offline escapefrombmx

• Backpacker
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2008, 07:12:55 AM »
lol... fork,... nevermind
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 07:14:36 AM by escapefrombmx »

Offline Peter Eng

• Backpacker
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2008, 07:27:15 AM »
don't use kgb forks space 2 :P use other flatland forks pls reply? :ph34r: -_- ^_^ :beer:

Offline Chris Barnett

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2008, 10:27:15 AM »
Quit spamming the thread Peter Eng

Offline sakis

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2008, 01:11:30 PM »
to peter eng:
 :beer: :beer: :beer:
anyway my friend(george kikos) got the forks finally.
the space above the tire is very big.the brake works perfect.
he didnt change the brake set up.
the fork is great.

Offline Paved Paradise

• GF Inhabitant
  • -Flatland 4 Life-
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2008, 03:53:03 AM »
I should be getting them possibly, cuz Im a brakeless rider who went to brakes.
I hate hitting the brakes when I squeak/scuff. And Ive ridden the space forks the first ones before
and there nice. Solid. If I get them Ill review them or something once I can ACTUALLY ride. might be in spring who knows.
Peaz
~The Bike and the Rider make the ARTFORM..
   Not the artist/utensil used..its the end product they both make, thats Beautiful~

@(x_X)@ Justin Doyon @(X_x)@
                   Ride on!

Offline Matt Hulgan

• Backpacker
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2008, 11:21:54 PM »
So... the system works really well if you're a remotely adept mechanic?  I'm surprised that this isn't catching on more.  Is price the real problem?

Offline flatlandfan

• Backpacker
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2008, 08:21:53 PM »
So... the system works really well if you're a remotely adept mechanic?  I'm surprised that this isn't catching on more.  Is price the real problem?

I don't think the price is the problem. A pair of Ody forks and Evo II brakes costs about the same right?

I would have went for it but the steer tube is 165 and I needed more room for my gyro and bar/stem combo. I think I'd feel funny riding forks that look bent already too for some reason. That's just me though. I'm sure it's a good setup after owning a KGB frame. Their stuff seems well made. It would be the perfect fork for a front brake only bike.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 08:35:25 PM by flatlandfan »

Offline jason_21218

• Backpacker
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2008, 01:51:58 AM »
Im not so into the space brake deal, but i like that those forks have adjustable offset

Offline Cyborg

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2010, 02:11:38 PM »
I also have this fork and brake, and I really liked the idea of getting that brake out of the way, I don't like kicking it... But as also is mentioned here, if you grab the fork for dumptrucks or stickb's or whatever it gets in the way...

I liked the brake idea, but I didn't like how it jutted out and the cables kind of get in my way, and i didn't like the idea that they cables didn't have a lot of room to move, so of changed it a little... here is a link to some photos... I am too lazy to post them directly to the forum

http://patiomaravillas.net/fotofork/main.php?g2_itemId=18481

So basically the cable stops are now where the cable guides above the tire used to be. and instead of leaving the cable bare all the way to brake, I just put some cable housing on that part to protect the cable and make it not be braking on the fork. Then I welded some chain links on the fork, cut them in half (or vice versa) and the chain link acts as a pulley... A real pulley would work better, but they are working pretty awesome, I think there is still some room for improvement, but I think this idea is going in the right direction...

Let me know what you think, besides that I should never think too much about how sh*t works...