Author Topic: Precision Products-100% Hand made U.S. products!  (Read 72834 times)

Offline name

• Company
  • Cliffhanger
Precision Products-100% Hand made U.S. products!
« on: February 21, 2010, 06:47:31 AM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Precision Products are here!

T-Shirts pics throught tread

WEBSITE NOW UP! www.precision-products.info

Precision Super Tough Pegs 1.5" Knurled and Griptape versions NOW HERE! PICS ON PAGE 17

Steel barcaps are almost non-existent these days, so I decided to come out with a line of modern and extremely durable barcaps and gripstops. Sold in pairs.

New! Precision Super Tough Plastic Barcaps:
-Made from some of the strongest plastic material ever made!
-Smooth semi-rounded inner edge and more of a fuller rounded outer edge
-7/8 in. Now updated and available in black
-Single small stainless steel set screw in oxide black
-Less than half the weight of nylon and much more than twice as strong!
-A small lip at the end of the inside where the barcap stops sliding on.
-Self lubricating, so they "slide" on many surfaces
-Weight 16.7g or 0.58oz lightest barcaps I know to have ever been made!
-Made in USA
-AVAILABLE NOW!
Pics Posted!

New! Precision Super Tough Plastic Gripstops:
-7/8 in.
-These come in all black
-Made in the same super strong plastic material as the Precision Super Tough Barcaps, Ultra Lightwieght!
-These have semi-rounded edges
-Weight 7.1g or 0.25oz Ultra Lightweight
-Made in USA
-AVAILABLE NOW!
Pics Posted!

New! Precision Revised Steel Barcaps!
-Available in 7/8 only
-Available in silver only
-Semi-rounded on the on the backside and more rounded on the front
-Very low profile and will last Extremely long!
-Weight 80.7g or 2.9oz
-Made in USA
-AVAILABE NOW!
Pics posted!

New! Precision Super Tough Pegs:
-Made from some of the strongest plastic material ever made!
-Based off of all rider feedback and personal preference
-Knurled with rounded end for pivoting and tapered in the rear for fork clearance and to allow more room to pull your rear wheel back without the pegs going over the dropouts.
-1.75" wide by 4.5" in length. NOW AVAILABLE IN 1.5" KNURLED OR W/GIRIP TAPE PICS ON PAGE 17!
-Incredibly Strong material that does not shred and make sharp edges that cut your hands
-Material has a self-lubricating quality so are extremely "ground friendly" and "slides" on all surfaces!
-Machined interior with a thicker width at the base and front of the peg for weight reduction
-Radioused internally at the base and at the front of peg
-SUPER LIGHT WEIGHT and EXTREMELY DURABLE!
-Available in black 3/8 axle hole only
-UNTERGOING THOURGH TESTING!
-Made in USA
PICS POSTED ON THIS PAGE AND PAGE 12!

NEW! Precision 3-IN-1 Stem:
This stem allows you to chose from 3 legths in one stem!
-26mm, 35mm, or 38mm all in one stem!
-Weight: 26mm: 185.9g or 6.5oz. 35mm:216.5g or 7.6oz. 38mm: 225.6g or 7.9oz.
-4 additional longer bolts included for the 38mm option
-Available in black only
-Made in USA
Pics posted!

WEBSITE NOW UP! www.precision-products.info  Or email: marceltreblay@yahoo.com
Thanks!

Precision Products riders:     -Dylan Worsley
 Videos posted within the tread         -Coco Dela Cruz

More pics posted throught the tread.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 02:27:18 AM by name »

Offline TOflat

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Precision Barends Now Here!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 07:58:48 AM »
Decent looking pictures, but two screws in bar ends work much better than one. That and I hope the prices for the two are mixed up, otherwise that plastic bar end must be made out of PEEK or some other ridiculously expensive aircraft grade plastic.

Offline name

• Company
  • Cliffhanger
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 08:04:47 AM »
Decent looking pictures, but two screws in bar ends work much better than one. That and I hope the prices for the two are mixed up, otherwise that plastic bar end must be made out of PEEK or some other ridiculously expensive aircraft grade plastic.
They are made out of a material that is very similar to polyurethane, what skate board wheels are made out of. So you know they will last. They are actually lighter though and have a teflon coat so they slide easy if you messup on a hiker or backpacker.

Offline name

• Company
  • Cliffhanger
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 08:11:47 AM »
I can get them made with 2 bolts, but with one you have the ability to rotate them if needed and not risk grinding your allen bolt down so you cant get the allen key in the slot.

Offline TOflat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 08:19:42 AM »
Two screws at 90 degrees each would eliminate the risk of over tightening the single screw. And I think I have an idea of the plastic that's being used. I'd like to get my hands on it myself. (I think it's called Durathane in the skateboard industry, pretty neat stuff).

As I said, I like the look of em. When I do a run of my own though I'm making full barends with capped holes. I've had bad experience with uncapped ends. Best of luck!

byke

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 11:53:11 AM »
Guys, big props to anyone who starts and finishes any project.

But I would like to add, that while I personally dont use such it does seem like a design that could be improved with a 2 piece design (similar to an aheadset tension lock design) and using the grub screws from the side instead so they dont get grinded on.

We need more people to think outside the box.

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 11:59:33 AM »
Firstly we can't have the same topic in every section, so I had to remove the one in general sorry.

Secondly I think its great. We can support a great flatlander too. Props Marcel. I gather the price is per pair? At first I thought the price was for 2 in the plastic model and single in ss, but it seems the polyurethane you use is expensive.

Well done, another great option.  :beer:  :mellow:

Offline Hugo @ Portugal

• GF Inhabitant
    • FlatlandPT
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2010, 01:16:59 PM »
You should consider grip rings too. Both steel and plastic. The market is poor, for the moment, on that product since the best I could find were Easterns in aluminium (all the other ones are a bit expensive) but I'd really consider something in steel or even plastic since the only function is really to hold your grips in place.

Also, any prices on EU market?..

Offline name

• Company
  • Cliffhanger
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2010, 01:23:12 PM »
You should consider grip rings too. Both steel and plastic. The market is poor, for the moment, on that product since the best I could find were Easterns in aluminium (all the other ones are a bit expensive) but I'd really consider something in steel or even plastic since the only function is really to hold your grips in place.

Also, any prices on EU market?..
I have grip rings coming at the moment. They may be here tomorrow along with another barcap model that places the bolt completly out of the way from hitting the ground no matter how the barcap is positioned. Thanks for the feed back. Ill try to make what riders want. Thats the most important thing!

Offline name

• Company
  • Cliffhanger
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2010, 02:39:04 PM »
I did some math and with my new batch of Side Bolt barcaps coming today I was able to drop the price on the Oxide Steel and the Super Tough barcaps!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 02:56:05 PM by name »

Offline rawchild

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2010, 04:55:15 PM »
finally a bike part that will last and a really excellent price, thanks name!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey Meg...check this out.

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2010, 05:33:27 PM »
A thin grip ring really would be awesome.

Just a little piece of metal to stop the grip from sliding down the bend, and to protect the bars on f*cked tricks.

Atm im using a aluminium "lock on grip" ring thing, it burrs really easily and can get sharp. I've cut myself on it a few times.

A nice thin steel piece would be awesome, with rounded sides. Doesnt matter if it gets thicker around one side for the grub screw, you can put that underneath anyway.

Its not much, but id buy it.
Proud member of the Spaff Cartel.

Offline name

• Company
  • Cliffhanger
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2010, 05:44:15 PM »
The Oxide Steel Barend would be perfect! I am currently using one for these same reason and Its saved my bars many times. No sharp edges at all and its not in the way either. I can not feel any wieght difference as well.  

Offline name

• Company
  • Cliffhanger
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2010, 05:45:35 PM »
The Oxide Steel Barend would be perfect! I am currently using one for these same reason and Its saved my bars many times. No sharp edges at all and its not in the way either. I can not feel any wieght difference as well.  
I will be having thinner ones made and they will be a 2 piece design so you do not have to remove your grips to put them on or take them off. It will take some time and money though.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 05:48:52 PM by name »

Offline name

• Company
  • Cliffhanger
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2010, 05:49:42 PM »
A thin grip ring really would be awesome.

Just a little piece of metal to stop the grip from sliding down the bend, and to protect the bars on f*cked tricks.

Atm im using a aluminium "lock on grip" ring thing, it burrs really easily and can get sharp. I've cut myself on it a few times.

A nice thin steel piece would be awesome, with rounded sides. Doesnt matter if it gets thicker around one side for the grub screw, you can put that underneath anyway.

Its not much, but id buy it.