Author Topic: garuda TLC  (Read 2993 times)

Offline Johnnyjohnsturr

• Funky Chicken
garuda TLC
« on: February 21, 2010, 05:43:07 AM »
Hello garuda owners,

Just bought a used garuda and was wondering if it was appropriate to use for transportation purposes as well???

I think its the 09 garuda? idk its silver with pink emblems. Anyways I ride on campus maybe half a mile daily. Also I dont ride any other ares parts.

I am a cool 140 pounds and stand proud at 5'3"  ;D

katobmx

Re: garuda TLC
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 05:47:28 AM »
aww you and diego are gunna be matching  -_- hehe. Own an ares frame(a much older and longer one) but its just a frame and your short(no offense) so it should be ok. Unless you have to 360 over potholes to make it to class on time.

Offline Johnnyjohnsturr

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 05:56:55 AM »
I occasionally bunny hop over random obstacles in my way on campus. I guess im just paranoid. It does get rained on every now and then. I guess ill make sure to keep it dry lol. So ares makes a pretty decent frame i guess? No history of cracks or breaks?

Offline Johnnyjohnsturr

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 06:09:36 AM »
ha. so i hear. alright i guess ill set aside some cash for a new frame if this one breaks on me.

THANKS!

Offline stvnlpsly

• GF Inhabitant
  • Quest BMX
    • Quest BMX
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 07:36:46 PM »
ares!!! I would have loved a garuda, but got an AY Spear! Enjoy it johnny!  See ya in Joplin??

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 07:44:45 PM »
haha joke buy a frame that youre too scared to just litereally ride it to town and back.
Proud member of the Spaff Cartel.

Offline flat8208

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 08:29:01 PM »
Ya can use any bike for transportation...but sorry not the garuda..every bike except this one :P.........Any Flat bike can b used as long as ur careful. No grinds or the like. Seems obvious :huh: 360's are fine just dont stomp ur bike on the landing. Basically just b easy..think of it like this..if you just bought a porsche would u go 4x4 w/ it?..  If anything as mentioned above id b more leary of the weather, and locking it up. Thats always nerve racking!... get a beater bike that ya dont care about to get around.  I've had a bike stolen and it is the worst man... Cant even explain it.. I even almost got arrested trying to "re-steal" my bike 4+ years later!   Still hope the thief rotts for it to date.

katobmx

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 12:05:07 AM »
I'd get a huffy. I stayed at a college for a week for a high school program, and I saw the craziest thing there. Front wheels abound where bikes should be. Some theifs where just hacking the front axle and taking the rest of the bike( I presume to sale). When I get up there I'm buying a walgoose or something to ride around and keeping my real bike in my dorm etc.

Offline Johnnyjohnsturr

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2010, 12:23:26 AM »
haha I hear ya. Im not "scared" to ride it. But I was advised to limit the amount of riding around town i do. I would do critical mass on my simple v3 every now and then (20+ miles) and that frame is still solid. I honestly think if I brake this garuda it would be the result of my tricks and not riding around town.

Hey omari, usually the reason you see bicycle wheels by themselves on racks is because people abandon their bikes and they eventually get ripped off by people looking for parts.

Steve, see ya in missouri!!!

katobmx

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2010, 01:13:08 AM »
Oh foreal haha thats funny!!  ^_^

Offline Scott O

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2010, 04:18:36 AM »

I think its the 09 garuda? idk its silver with pink emblems.

Its an 08. They did not make a frame in 09.
www.voodoojam.com
twitter @emceeob

Offline animal1

• Backpacker
  • PEG MOLESTER
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2010, 08:34:48 AM »
What about a suelo v3 guys?  Have those been known to break easily?
BALANCE CONTROL

Offline Furball

• GF Inhabitant
  • New York rules, Boston drools!
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2010, 09:36:48 AM »

I think its the 09 garuda? idk its silver with pink emblems.

Its an 08. They did not make a frame in 09.

First off, there is no such thing as a 2009ish production version Garuda (there were only a few prototypes made)!

The silver one came out in summer/fall 2007 (3rd batch). ;)

« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 09:46:29 AM by Furball »
Remember, grammar is the difference between "I helped my uncle Jack off a horse", and "I helped my uncle jack off a horse".

I just started getting into flatland stuff about 3 days ago and suck so far, I blame my sh*tty bike and lack of practice.