Author Topic: DED ells bells video  (Read 7151 times)

Offline seba

• Backpacker
  • Flatero naci!!! - Flatero muero!!!
DED ells bells video
« on: April 13, 2007, 07:44:43 AM »
If you guys have a copy of these amazing video please let me know cos a few days a go I found the box  at my parents home but I lost the video in a moving few years ago.

please guys help me up to get a copy thanks very much SEBA.

viva el flatland. :beer:

Offline Badman

• Hitchhiker
Re: DED ells bells video
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 07:45:44 PM »
The solo video before solo videos where even thought of.

Man, i'd love to get a copy of this as well.... even if it's just for the intro...

joelweevil

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 08:36:05 PM »
i just recently saw it for the first time. good stuff maynard. i'll see if i can procure a copy for you.

Offline seba

• Backpacker
  • Flatero naci!!! - Flatero muero!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 09:48:06 PM »
Hi joelweevil
please make me a copy I got same other oldschool  good stuff if you like to trade it for a copy of BACO PRIDE  sick video too.

I love old school videos they realy show the feeling of riding so to all  you new schoolers  I recomend  this video from one of best flatanders ever Mr.Chase gouin

cheers seba :beer:

Offline --g

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 10:24:17 PM »

I love old school videos they realy show the feeling of riding so to all  you new schoolers  I recomend  this video from one of best flatanders ever Mr.Chase gouin

I wonder if the new school riders get the same feeling watching these videos as we do. Or
is it that we are just associating that time in our lives with the video which gives us
that feeling?

It seems like videos were like gold back then. Everyone was stuck (well at least me)
in their own little flatland universe. Seeing a new video was like getting a peek into
other people's universes. Things are lot more connected these days and you only
need to travel to your nearest Internet uplink to see them.

--g

Offline tbos

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 12:11:57 AM »

speaking of baco.. did they ever release the baco uncut vid?

Hi joelweevil
please make me a copy I got same other oldschool  good stuff if you like to trade it for a copy of BACO PRIDE  sick video too.

cheers seba :beer:

Offline Voodstoc

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 05:35:29 AM »
It does kind of change things, being able to communicate with other riders so easily. Videos at least monthly.  Riding with other riders was such a treat.  Maybe that hasn't changed at all.  Damn, I'm glad the bikes got better!!
~J

TJ Perry

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 05:58:10 AM »

I wonder if the new school riders get the same feeling watching these videos as we do. Or
is it that we are just associating that time in our lives with the video which gives us
that feeling?

It seems like videos were like gold back then. Everyone was stuck (well at least me)
in their own little flatland universe. Seeing a new video was like getting a peek into
other people's universes. Things are lot more connected these days and you only
need to travel to your nearest Internet uplink to see them.

--g

The videos are still pretty valuable. But I've always considered ells videos to be along the lines of Ells handing you the keys to a very large room filled with the most vapid runny sh*t you can imagine, and telling you that the gold you're looking for is somewhere in that room. The catch is, it's enough gold to keep you living the good life for the rest of your days.

The other catch is, it's a really f*cking big room.

Offline jffe

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2007, 09:56:51 AM »
----Ells obviously did as many, or more drugs, than the riders he taped. Some kind of "David Lynch of freestyle videos" in a bad way, that guy. People complain about Chad J. putting rappers and whatnot in his vids, yeah, try and sit through a couple of those Ells vids and still want to go ride, it'd be a coin toss. At least Eaton was sorta of copying the pros, even though he only had 2 vcrs to edit them with, and no X-Games on tv to watch as a referrence point eh, much more well-rounded and watchable stuff in my opinion, even the goof-off bits. Kind of surprised he didn't get in with the Props guys way back whenever that started up.

jffe

moncho

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2007, 03:19:31 PM »
665 1/5 Not Quite Evil by Ells Bells is still on the best BMX videos ever IMO.
Weird, blasphemous, and intense filled with riding sessions by Pete Brandt, Jesse Puente, Kevin Jones, Chase Gouin, Gonz...love the damn video! :beer:

h_man

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2007, 10:50:15 PM »
Weird, blasphemous, and intense filled with riding sessions by Pete Brandt, Jesse Puente, Kevin Jones, Chase Gouin, Gonz...love the damn video! :beer:
Totally agree i still have it sick riding throughout a classic. ;D

Offline Mazur

• Cliffhanger
  • Central New York Freaks!
    • Void Dweller Industries
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 03:08:44 AM »

Cool to hear the vid is still runing fine for you Moncho.  That must be 16 yrs old by now.  Glad it went to some one who definately appreciates it. 

-m- :beer:

Offline OSD

• Forkglider
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2007, 05:48:57 PM »
I've got  a copy of DED on DVD for who ever can get me a good copy ( on DVD if possible ) of Ells 665 1/2. Trade?

PM me!

Offline jffe

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2007, 12:25:41 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/v/RFeO4HNNjsk

----Normally i don't approve of youtoob, but it won't last, so soak it up I guess, and hey, this vid is OOP anyways right ?

jffe

Offline monis

• Backpacker
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2007, 01:03:52 AM »
i can never get sick of andrew arroyo's part in that video.  soooo smooth!!