Author Topic: KGB SUPERPOWER: ANY SPY PICS  (Read 7667 times)

Offline kabirun

• GF Inhabitant
KGB SUPERPOWER: ANY SPY PICS
« on: April 12, 2007, 06:20:09 AM »
KGB is working on this new frame. does anyone have any pictures?

Offline Vijuel

• Backpacker
    • http://www.myspace.com/MADEflatland
Re: KGB SUPERPOWER: ANY SPY PICS
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 08:09:59 AM »
i ride an ares ashura, and i was looking into getting a kbg.  i hope the super power is a lighter version of the phycopower.  thats a dope ass frame,  very sexy.
Vijuel...M.A.D.E. Flat

rully

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 11:09:34 AM »
it's an exact copy of psychopower... from what i heard though.
maybe some little modifications, smaller tubes, lighter weight and all...

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 06:04:41 PM »
That frame looks horrible, im sorry.

Theres a reason why twin top tubes were left alone. not only does it look wank it looks weak as piss - not surprised Viki broke his.

I mean, look at that BB, if anything the GT Show proved that floaty bottom brackets are a danger.
Proud member of the Spaff Cartel.

Offline Levi

• Team
  • Cliffhanger
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 06:09:10 PM »
don't think that's the right photo for the superblablabla

Offline kabirun

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 04:12:22 AM »

Theres a reason why twin top tubes were left alone. not only does it look wank it looks weak as piss - not surprised Viki broke his.

I mean, look at that BB, if anything the GT Show proved that floaty bottom brackets are a danger.

what do you ride focus, a div? a street looking frame that just makes everything more difficult when you could do much more progress with frame with more clearance? is like those guys who want to play rock with accoustic guitars out of romanticism.

anyway, that's not the superpower for sure, the prototype above will not go into production.

K

TJ Perry

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 04:51:03 AM »
is like those guys who want to play rock with accoustic guitars out of romanticism.

I know you're in mexico but tell me you heard some guy just yelling "OHHHH SNAP" from say...the direction of Virginia.

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 11:47:39 AM »

what do you ride focus, a div? a street looking frame that just makes everything more difficult when you could do much more progress with frame with more clearance? is like those guys who want to play rock with accoustic guitars out of romanticism.

anyway, that's not the superpower for sure, the prototype above will not go into production.

K

Not tottaly true, really.

I'm not jumping over my frame in any of my links - so even if I did have a frame with top-tube clearence i wouldnt use it.

And I also only have one link where downtube clearence "could" help me, but i've seemed to have coped fine for three years on that frame...
Proud member of the Spaff Cartel.

Offline Curmudgeon

• Backpacker
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2007, 03:01:27 PM »

K

humm, i went from a div to the psycopower and then back to the div, i dont think a double dimond frame limits anything, just like i dont think the KGB frame helps anything, you just gotta be happy with what you ride, if twin top tubes work for you then go nuts, if they dont then f*ck them.

but i will say there was a time when everybody who was anybody rode a twin top tube frame, they have there place in flatland, plus they do help with frame stands  :huh:

rully

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2007, 03:05:19 PM »
@ focus

well that's because you're not on 'that' level of riding. i didnt mean that this kind of frame only aimed for people with 'that' level of skill, it's just that it makes things easier. can you mention a trick that's not made easier by frames with more clearance?

isn't it EASIER to do x-footed crackpacker on a psychopower than on a div? how bout x-footed hang10? multiple whiplash?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 03:07:25 PM by rully »

Derek

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2007, 03:24:37 PM »

K
The double diamond design is the strongest geometry for a bike frame. It's also the most obstructive to you when you are riding, but if you can do a trick with that design then you know that you can do it with pretty much any other flatland frame out there, with added ease. Having a pretzel frame softens your skills I reckon..
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 03:28:00 PM by AhmReicht »

Offline AMO

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2007, 04:57:55 PM »
Will you people stop refering to frame geometries with 'diamonds'... You mean triangles. 

Phatman

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2007, 05:10:58 PM »
They are triangles yes, But if you have the 2 triangles its a Diamond shape. Dont know where Double Diamond has come from though? its 2 triangles seperated by the seat tube, which is a single Diamond?

Derek

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2007, 06:21:33 PM »
It's just the name of it. Yes, it is actually two triangles but for some reason it's called double diamond.

Offline AMO

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2007, 07:05:35 PM »
People might have started to use that word (diamond, that is) out of ignorance... It just sounds silly. It's always been rear triangle and front or main triangle for the professional.