Author Topic: '87 General RL Osborn Pro  (Read 82638 times)

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
Re: '87 General RL Osborn Pro
« Reply #135 on: May 04, 2010, 04:58:36 AM »
I cant get over how sweet that crank and sprocket looks! That is the nicest set up Ive seen!
You made a great choice on the 401 look man :beer: Red will be sweeeeet and PIMP :beer:
this?
Yep,The nicest on this site!
Thank You, I searched High and low for a smaller "Flight" looking sprocket and found that Deluxe. They are a British Company.

Offline JIMBETHYNAME

• Forkglider
  • AKA JIMBO420
« Reply #136 on: May 04, 2010, 05:35:39 AM »
go to danscomp, and seach for KNIGHT INDUSTRIES. They make an exact copy of og flight sprockets.

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #137 on: May 04, 2010, 05:37:36 AM »
go to danscomp, and seach for KNIGHT INDUSTRIES. They make an exact copy of og flight sprockets.
Saw them, too big for the 11 tooth I'm running out back. it's an ALL SCHOOL bike.LOL!

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #138 on: May 04, 2010, 05:59:10 AM »
Hey Juggs....heres a pic of my Chrome Sport.

Okay...gotta ask.  What year is this, and wear are the awful L shaped rear platforms on the Sports/Masters from the 80's?  That was one of the reasons I never really rode a Master/Sport. 

Did you hack it somehow, or is this a 90's version I have forgot about?
"A puppet no more!"

Offline smiley (Roy)

• GF Inhabitant
    • myspace
« Reply #139 on: May 04, 2010, 10:03:19 AM »

Okay...gotta ask.  What year is this, and wear are the awful L shaped rear platforms on the Sports/Masters from the 80's?  That was one of the reasons I never really rode a Master/Sport. 

Did you hack it somehow, or is this a 90's version I have forgot about?

Looks like a retro sport, I think it was released in 2006...

-Roy
If you are for real, you probably spend enough time on your bike that there's no time left for talking sh*t on message boards.

Of course, if all you do is talk sh*t on message boards, you're probably not as good or as cool as you think you are.

-- McGoo

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #140 on: May 04, 2010, 04:34:30 PM »
Hey Juggs...also, did you hack those rear platforms off, or did you get them like that?  I noticed Timo "2 Fresh" hacked his off his red one too. 

I hacked my rear platforms off my General.  Seems like everyone did.  I was thinking about how a lot of people hacked stuff off back in the 80's.  I had a pair of Hutch forks that I loved(the dropouts were double thick), but hated the pegs welded on...so I hacked those off too. 

Anywho, these Generals are coming along nice.  I love the all school mix.  Classic and functional. 
"A puppet no more!"

Offline Olds Cool

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #141 on: May 04, 2010, 06:48:06 PM »
Its actually a 2005. I hated those rear platforms too!

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #142 on: May 05, 2010, 04:27:52 AM »
Hey Juggs...also, did you hack those rear platforms off, or did you get them like that?  I noticed Timo "2 Fresh" hacked his off his red one too. 

I hacked my rear platforms off my General.  Seems like everyone did.  I was thinking about how a lot of people hacked stuff off back in the 80's.  I had a pair of Hutch forks that I loved(the dropouts were double thick), but hated the pegs welded on...so I hacked those off too. 

Anywho, these Generals are coming along nice.  I love the all school mix.  Classic and functional. 
Got them both already cut. Thanks for the props!

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #143 on: May 14, 2010, 05:03:35 AM »
Almost just had #3 tonight.....imagine that. ;D

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #144 on: May 14, 2010, 05:08:07 AM »
Might be able to nab it tomorrow though..

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #145 on: May 16, 2010, 03:40:02 PM »
Passed on it so fellow member "dug" could buy it. I did however buy some raw St.Martin Unique pegs of JohnU, which I polished up ...Looks awesome. I have had a set of these in Black on it for a while which will go on #2. Pix soon.

Thanks John!! ;D

Offline dug

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #146 on: May 16, 2010, 09:12:10 PM »
Passed on it so fellow member "dug" could buy it. I did however buy some raw St.Martin Unique pegs of JohnU, which I polished up ...Looks awesome. I have had a set of these in Black on it for a while which will go on #2. Pix soon.

Thanks John!! ;D

Thanks again!
Will post some pics when I get it built--which should be soon, I already have all of the parts for it

Offline ancientskool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #147 on: May 16, 2010, 11:49:31 PM »

NICE!  for those out the olds school loop, this bike was actually the preferred choice of the evolving flatlander OVER the haro master. The top tube made it lighter and roomier.  Master was still cool because it had the fresh kneesavers.  Best of both worlds going on here.

I don't remember it that way.  The Master was shorter (which probably eliminated any weight savings and made for better handling) and had a steeper head angle and pretty much no one that specialized in flat rode one. 

Lot's of people used Sports who did both though (like Wilkerson).  The Sport was a better flatland bike than the Master was a ramp bike, IMO.

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #148 on: May 17, 2010, 01:35:43 AM »

NICE!  for those out the olds school loop, this bike was actually the preferred choice of the evolving flatlander OVER the haro master. The top tube made it lighter and roomier.  Master was still cool because it had the fresh kneesavers.  Best of both worlds going on here.

I don't remember it that way.  The Master was shorter (which probably eliminated any weight savings and made for better handling) and had a steeper head angle and pretty much no one that specialized in flat rode one.  

Lot's of people used Sports who did both though (like Wilkerson).  The Sport was a better flatland bike than the Master was a ramp bike, IMO.
I didn't want to be the one to say that ...... I DON"T ever remember seeing that ,let alone hearing that. The Sport was the RAMP bike with S L O W E R  geometry as I remember it.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 01:46:05 AM by JUGGARNAUT »

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #149 on: May 17, 2010, 01:47:16 AM »

Thanks John!! ;D

Thanks again!
Will post some pics when I get it built--which should be soon, I already have all of the parts for it

Please DO Bro, put them right here for ALL to see..............In MY threadf!!! ;D ;D