Author Topic: Who are the best flatlanders who have totally quit riding?  (Read 46716 times)

Re: Who are the best flatlanders who have totally quit riding?
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2010, 11:07:16 PM »
OOG GOT THE INFORMATION OFF OF ME
MOSTLY
LOL

BUT YEAH DYLAN WORSLEY LIVES IN THE VALLEY AND STILL RIDES
AND I HAVE BEEN HELPING HIM OUT A BIT.

byke

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2010, 11:10:31 PM »
Larry Bull

Offline cow

• Cliffhanger
  • neglect not the talents in thee............
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2010, 11:17:15 PM »
Andrew's been done for 8 years now, he's down to talk about riding and everything still. Just busy with other things and has turned his "diehard" dedication to what he's doing now. Jason Brown has been done for years, but rode a bit last year. Ditto with Sean Peters and Dumlao. Durbano's done now too. That's too be expected though.. people quit and move on, but the hardcore guys stick with it.

Rigby still rides he has knee pain and is busy with being a married working man. Steve Roy still rides, albeit more ramps than flatland, but he still shreds. I don't know about Edgar P.  Cory Strat is DEFINITELY still riding and progressing. Kerry Gatt is riding. Day Smith is riding. Jeff Desroche is riding. Andrew Arroyo is riding. Paul Osicka is riding. Stephan Royer is riding, but has been busy lately. Travis Collier's riding and progressing. Bram still rides. Jesse P is still dope. Dylan Worsley is back riding again and getting it done. Steve Mulder is riding.. just you wait...

Ross Smith is still riding.

Just about all your favourite riders growing up still love riding.

I think with the Internet video era going on, we assume since we aren't seeing web edits from each of these guys then they must either be hiding or have quit... I just don't think that's accurate, some guys just don't film a lot and perhaps they're waiting for an opportunity to show their stuff. Scene is still going strong. I just think with how global flatland has become over the past number of years and the aging of some of the XGames era pro's has made North America look especially bleak.  A lot of these guys aren't showing up to the North American events, but perhaps there isn't a lot that appeals to them in terms of coming.

Maybe we need a better platform for some of these guys to show there tricks, via DVD or the like. If any of these guys came out and dropped a bad ass video part online it's hard to say whether it'd be something anyone mentions by the end of the week.  So, what's their motivation? eeerr.. How do we help motivate?

lol...aint alot of motivation on this thing i tell ya........

there's no real infrastructure in place fro flatland to survive once you are'nt in first place........most ppl don't even think past a parking lot or bike parts.its the curse of a flatlander................but all thise names were the reason to push riding back then...........do we learn from our past i guess not............ :huh:
Whatever you want in life is gonna take some effort on your part!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fact is, freestyle riding was, is, and will always be evolving and moving in different directions. So just do what you want and have fun with it. Trends come and go.- TYRONE WILLIAMS

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2010, 11:27:58 PM »
PEOPLE JUST HAVE OTHER THINGS GOING ON OR THEY MOVE ON
THATS ALL

NOTHING ABOUT INFRASTRUCTURE

TJ Perry

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2010, 11:40:17 PM »
Larry Bull

Wasn't he that guy doing all those weird half tailwhips in Colin Smiths SOB?

Offline corystrat

• Forkglider
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2010, 11:43:14 PM »
  As far as the best flatland riders that do not ride any longer, the name that comes to my mind is Richard Z who died in a car accident in 94 (I believe) while returning home from the York Jam when someone fell asleep at the wheel and they crashed, so the story goes. 

For those of you who are unfamiliar with this guy, he designed the Graveyard bars, refined our coaster shells and even did cross foot half packers way back in the early 90's.  Then if you had ever seen him spin a time machine, it was like watching someone become animated. 

I personally feel as though there should be a documentary solely about this guy and what he has done for our sport and the bikes we ride.     

Offline That Joe Miller

• Cliffhanger
    • Unknown Sports
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2010, 11:49:51 PM »
One more, Perry Mervar!
That Joe miller

Offline coaster

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2010, 11:53:43 PM »
Albert Retey

byke

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2010, 11:55:18 PM »
Larry Bull

yup (back in 1989-ish)

TJ Perry

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2010, 11:56:00 PM »
Larry Bull

yup

Okay that guy was f*cking sick for the time period. Absolutely amazing stuff.

byke

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2010, 11:56:55 PM »
Steve Bisseker

Offline nocturnal

• Forkglider
    • http://www.nzflatland.co.nz
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2010, 12:17:40 AM »
Dion Geaney from New Zealand. Kerry Gatt will know him and possibly Mutt. I got a chance to speak to him a while ago and at one point was considering getting into it again but then he vanished.

I have never seen him ride apart from vids but he's a pretty good rider. I bet he'd be in a similar level to Kerry if he still rode.

Parris Whakarau another NZ rider as well that has just passed away recently who used to ride with Dion and Kerry. RIP.

TJ Perry

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2010, 12:56:21 AM »
Mike McPhaden. He used to ride with Desroche years ago. He was ahead of his time as far as the rolling stuff goes.

Marsan up in Quebec. Jesse Cantore in PA.

Offline Fat Tony

• Backpacker

clp

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2010, 01:01:27 AM »
Larry Bull

yup

Okay that guy was f*cking sick for the time period. Absolutely amazing stuff.
didnt he become some kind of uni professor aswell?