Author Topic: Trick of the Month April 2020 - Karl Cruiser  (Read 339672 times)

Offline Jesa

• Team
  • Hitchhiker
    • Bristol Flatland UK
Re: Trick of the Month January 2013 - Karl Kruiser
« Reply #840 on: January 05, 2013, 09:16:53 AM »
Things that many new riders want to learn and some expert/pro riders can help with or even challenge themselves with a new variation or entry or exit with. We will keep it fun for rear and front wheel riders.
Keep on Riding!

Im planning to have a pop at learning all the variations of the trick of the month aswell. Can already do normal kk and op side kk so im going to try and focus on learning switch and switch op side kk as it would help with a few other things i want to learn, around the world variations in particular!

Offline Vic Román

• Cliffhanger
  • RaD!
    • Gorilla Photo Media
« Reply #841 on: January 05, 2013, 06:47:56 PM »
How to Karl Kruizer on Vimeo

If anyone is having problems watching this video on here just click on watch on vimeo button and it should work.

"This ain't segregation this is freestyle folks". - Ruben Castillo

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Keep on Riding!! wwww.bmxfreestyler.com
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #842 on: January 07, 2013, 03:56:30 AM »
trick of the month january 2013 karl kruizer Small | Large

Offline melon lover

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #843 on: January 08, 2013, 08:25:21 PM »
Here is my progression:

I feel much more confident popping into them

I'm rolling them longer

Ö Small | Large

Would you say you could learn the Karl kruiser in a month ?

My 1st video was taken about 2-3 sessions after i first tried to pop into them

So i say YES B)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 08:28:26 PM by melon lover »

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #844 on: January 09, 2013, 01:38:35 AM »
Your making great progression. I was thinking about making a bail video as well. I was falling all over the place trying to land one clean. I had not rode in about a month. Its hard work to get tricks all the time.

Offline melon lover

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #845 on: January 17, 2013, 06:49:47 PM »
Who's in this month??

I had a great sesh today came off pretty hard (1st time really hard) >:D

Started trying to get into it from a steamroller and just swinging the frame in and out of a steamroller but not grabbing it until it got back round behind (which is when i took my spill)

Also tried opposite (don't know if there is a certain name ??? ) with my right foot on the left front peg swinging in and out of a half lash and grabbing it when it came back around

Then the snow turned the ground wet  >:( >:( >:(

Offline mad.scientist

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #846 on: January 18, 2013, 03:08:46 AM »
should i give this one a try? i've been riding for about 4 months now still not really good but i dunno... im working on hang 5s so what do you guys say? should a give it a shot with this trick? could it help if i get hang5s down before or could learning the karl kruiser help me get the hang5s?

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #847 on: January 18, 2013, 02:52:07 PM »
The balance point for a Hang 5 is very different from the Karl. It will however teach you the concept of rolling. You can learn either one first. I personally think Karl is much harder than a hang 5. That's my personal thought though. The easiest way to leran to balance point is to keep walking into it. After awhile you will learn how to just pop in and find that point and keep it. Give it a go just remember to have fun while trying and don't get frustrated if you don't do it in the first 100 tries. What I used to do was work on 2 tricks at the same time so I would not get board. I would do one trick going one way and I would get back to my starting point in another trick.

Hey Melon,
   Great update! I only had time to ride that one day to shoot video. I have not rode since then. I really wanted to pull a new combination this month too. Back Wheel trick next month.
Keep on Riding!

Budz

« Reply #848 on: January 19, 2013, 12:56:46 AM »
should i give this one a try? i've been riding for about 4 months now still not really good but i dunno... im working on hang 5s so what do you guys say? should a give it a shot with this trick? could it help if i get hang5s down before or could learning the karl kruiser help me get the hang5s?
If theres ever a trick you want to learn, you just gotta go for it. Doesnt matter if people think youre ready for it or not. Karl Kruisers are much harder than hang-5s in my opinion as well. KKs take much more upper body strength than the hang-5 also. Go for it dude. Youve got nothing to lose and everything to gain. Its also an excellent "set-up" trick. Once you get it dialed, you can just put your balance foot onto the other peg, and walla! youre doing a half hiker. Have fun with it!

Offline melon lover

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #849 on: January 19, 2013, 11:08:53 PM »
I say go for it as stated before go for the straight step-in practice the rolling side

Offline londonflat

• Backpacker
« Reply #850 on: January 20, 2013, 07:51:29 PM »
I say go for it as stated before go for the straight step-in practice the rolling side

Sweet progression on the kk Matt,keep it up the karl kruser was a bitch for me learning it,still havnt got it 100%

Offline melon lover

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #851 on: January 22, 2013, 11:17:53 PM »
Thanks mate i was having so much fun with them but i havent practiced since the 18th thanks to the snow

I ride my workshop everyday but it's not quiet big enough to get long rollin'  >:D

Offline londonflat

• Backpacker
« Reply #852 on: January 23, 2013, 12:06:09 AM »
No probs mate,its one of those tricks i always put off learning,lol,trying to get time machines at the mo but like you the snow sucks and its just started snowing again,roll on the summer :beer:

Offline Richi@Bremerhaven

• Cliffhanger
  • 1Champ BMX Mailorder
« Reply #853 on: January 23, 2013, 07:32:35 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0moPgFxsTA&feature=player_detailpage#t=1s

I never really trained them a lot, only tried sometimes when I got bored... I couldn't roll it longer than a half metre... A week ago I changed my Crankset, my seat and my spokes... No I can roll the Karl Kruiser :D. 1 time I also landed it with ride in and out. Without ride in I also got it in a circle, but I am not going to practice it because there is nothing to link it with at the moment, so maybe in some months ^^
1Champ BMX Mailorder

Offline melon lover

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #854 on: February 02, 2013, 01:29:40 PM »
What have we got this month Mark??  Rear wheel i think i read  B)

I will try film my progress of the Karl Kruiser but i didn't get much riding in in the second half of January Thanks to the beautiful English weather  >:D >:D >:D