Author Topic: Trick of the Month April 2020 - Karl Cruiser  (Read 339733 times)

Offline datisstom

• Backpacker
Re: Trick of the Month January 2011 - Hang 5
« Reply #390 on: January 30, 2011, 07:22:50 PM »
What is your consideration of 'beginner' ?

Offline MaykoLee

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #391 on: January 30, 2011, 07:42:53 PM »
February – Turbine Peg Wheelie

woop! woop! i got some filming to do next month!!

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Keep on Riding!! wwww.bmxfreestyler.com
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #392 on: January 30, 2011, 07:49:32 PM »
New Update- Bobby Carter is now sponsoring the month of July-Hitchhiker Juggler 

http://www.diversiontv.com/

Thanks BOBBY!!

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #393 on: January 30, 2011, 08:06:17 PM »

Quick question for you. What tricks are you able to complete right now? What are you currently working on?

I have been putting together trick of the month since 2004. I have tried many different things over the years. If the tricks are too easy IE(Endo's, Forkglides) there is not much participation. There were a few months that I tried link of the month. Very little participation again.  When the tricks are right in the middle. (IE Timemachine, Hang 5, Whiplash) there is a lot of participation. I try to make if fun for everyone. I have seen some riders do some of these tricks in there first year of riding. From the list as far as just starting out first month ever of riding. No I would not suggest any of these tricks for that level of riding. But if you have had a few month into riding Turbine Peg Wheelie- Next month hosted by Team McDuff. Its a great starting trick. I know I CAN'T DO IT..hahah I am going to have fun trying to learn it though. Also Whiplash is pretty basic by today's standards too. I have seen that in beginners contest many times. Single whip that is.

List is up now but I can take suggestions for next year if you would like to make any. I always take suggestion, ask MaykoLee!!

Keep on Riding!

Offline Lukas @ Innsbruck

• Backpacker
« Reply #394 on: January 30, 2011, 08:29:46 PM »

When I started Flatland I startet with Forkglides and Steamrollers and was working on Hang 5 and Whiplashes. Pegwheelie is also a beginner trick and turbine is also a good practise for the overall balance.

Offline datisstom

• Backpacker
« Reply #395 on: January 30, 2011, 08:54:43 PM »

Quick question for you. What tricks are you able to complete right now? What are you currently working on?

I have been putting together trick of the month since 2004. I have tried many different things over the years. If the tricks are too easy IE(Endo's, Forkglides) there is not much participation. There were a few months that I tried link of the month. Very little participation again.  When the tricks are right in the middle. (IE Timemachine, Hang 5, Whiplash) there is a lot of participation. I try to make if fun for everyone. I have seen some riders do some of these tricks in there first year of riding. From the list as far as just starting out first month ever of riding. No I would not suggest any of these tricks for that level of riding. But if you have had a few month into riding Turbine Peg Wheelie- Next month hosted by Team McDuff. Its a great starting trick. I know I CAN'T DO IT..hahah I am going to have fun trying to learn it though. Also Whiplash is pretty basic by today's standards too. I have seen that in beginners contest many times. Single whip that is.

List is up now but I can take suggestions for next year if you would like to make any. I always take suggestion, ask MaykoLee!!

Keep on Riding!

You're right, I should stop whining, seriously. I just hate it that there's so many factors that that cause that I progress sooo slow (bumpy spot, i'm only 1m50, don't have much time..).

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #396 on: January 30, 2011, 09:19:15 PM »

Keep on Riding!

You're right, I should stop whining, seriously. I just hate it that there's so many factors that that cause that I progress sooo slow (bumpy spot, i'm only 1m50, don't have much time..).

I spent a good portion of a year not making what I thought was progress. I was becoming very frustrated but I kept trying. All of a sudden something just clicked. I started learning things again. Some times we have to go for awhile with what seems like a little or no progress. But in reality your building strength, stamina and more balance. Is there any trick on the list that you would like to learn? I am more than happy to help you along the way with the tricks that I can currently do. Backwheel for me would be blind leading the blind but hey its just fun to get out there and try.

When John and Tod and few others started to focus on Death trucks I thought I would give it a try...I AM SO NOT EVEN CLOSE..hahaha But I tried and I had fun. That's what its all really about. Progress is great but if your not having fun it makes progression harder to achieve.

Keep on Riding!   

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #397 on: January 30, 2011, 09:30:56 PM »
http://www.global-flat.com/smf/index.php?topic=23326.0

Another thing that I had started on BMX Freestyler was Todays Riding. Jim introduced it here on Global as Today's Riding Video version. This gives everyone who's may not be even close to the "Trick of the Month" and feel overwhelmed to show what tricks they are working on. I have made MANY todays riding videos.
http://vimeo.com/album/1336842

Many times I will work on Trick of the Month during my Today's Riding videos. They are a lot of fun to do. Pushes me in between contest and online battles to keep pushing my personal progression. I think that about covers everyone :D

Keep on Riding!!!

Rad Dad

Offline datisstom

• Backpacker
« Reply #398 on: January 30, 2011, 09:35:34 PM »

Keep on Riding!

Is there any trick on the list that you would like to learn? I am more than happy to help you along the way with the tricks that I can currently do. Backwheel for me would be blind leading the blind but hey its just fun to get out there and try.

I'm working on hang 5's at the moment !

Offline SJBMX

• Backpacker
« Reply #399 on: January 30, 2011, 09:53:32 PM »
Here is the list for 2011

January- Hang 5
February – Turbine Peg Wheelie Sponsored By Team Mc Duff
March – Cliffhanger
April – Stick B
May- G-turn sponsored by Scott Powell
June- Dump Truck
July- Hitchhiker Juggler
August-Time Machine sponsored by Matt Wilhelm
September- Crackpacker
October-Lung Spin
November- Whiplash
December-Death Truck

Thanks MaykoLee for your feed back. Its now set up with front wheel 1 month and backwheel the next month.

BIG SHOUT OUT to Team Mc Duff Scott Powell and Matt Wilhelm  for sponsoring Trick of the Month!!

You can visit the http://flatstyle.blogspot.com/

Scott Powell Fan Page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/SP/193218080689938?v=wall#!/pages/SP/193218080689938

Matt Wilhelm
http://www.mattbmx.com/

Is the G-turn in May front wheel?.. Mc circle or steamroller gturn or just all G-turns on frontwheel?
Ride for fun!

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #400 on: January 30, 2011, 09:53:44 PM »
How far are you coming along with them? Do you need tips?

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #401 on: January 30, 2011, 09:56:12 PM »
This G-Turn is the original G-Turn from the pedals. Its a 180 on your front wheel and you keep rolling on your front wheel backwards.

Offline SJBMX

• Backpacker
« Reply #402 on: January 30, 2011, 10:00:49 PM »
This G-Turn is the original G-Turn from the pedals. Its a 180 on your front wheel and you keep rolling on your front wheel backwards.
Woah! that's a nice one!
Ride for fun!

Offline melon lover

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #403 on: January 30, 2011, 11:17:14 PM »
yes the hang 5 is causing me a bit of grieve i got it in a comfortable position on the second day(for about 3 seconds) and havent found it since
hopefully ill get it soon

Offline iGuitar

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #404 on: January 31, 2011, 12:06:02 AM »
Oh yeah, I'd like to learn them! Inspired by Travis Collier's 720 g-turns :'DD