Author Topic: Trick of the Month April 2020 - Karl Cruiser  (Read 339660 times)

Budz

Re: Trick of the Month January 2011 - Hang 5
« Reply #375 on: January 27, 2011, 09:08:56 PM »
think Anthony is workin on the newer clip. heres one from last year for now...just to contrubute something

my hang-5 down the hill...camera guy almost dies Small | Large
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 09:12:09 PM by Budz-is broken! »

Offline MarylandFlat

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #376 on: January 28, 2011, 04:39:45 AM »
My first week learning hang5s I got so tired of hesitating and not popping it up high enough that I decided I would just throw myself over the bars on purpose and get it out of the way. I ended up spraining my wrists and being off my bike for a week or two. I wish I had known about the ballon method then!!!!!! :P :beer:
Rad Dad has a 'how-to fall correctly' vid for hang 5's
you should check it out.
 ;D

I dunno why but I have a bad habbit of not dumping the bike when I fall forward. I automaticaly stick my leg out to catch myself while still hanging onto the bars. 9 out of 10 times its works but every once in awhile I get tangled up and eat sh*t hard.

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Keep on Riding!! wwww.bmxfreestyler.com
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #377 on: January 28, 2011, 05:43:22 AM »
hey raddad can this year's trick of the month thingy be 1 month its a front wheel trick and next month be a bk wheel trick then a front wheel trick then bk wheel trick... and so on.... not like 3 or 4 month just on the same wheel 

I think we can do that. That should be a good mix. I will have some time this weekend. I will put out the rest of the list so everyone can get prepared. Thanks Maykolee for the suggestion.

Keep on Riding!

Offline Callum

« Reply #378 on: January 28, 2011, 02:25:51 PM »
My first week learning hang5s I got so tired of hesitating and not popping it up high enough that I decided I would just throw myself over the bars on purpose and get it out of the way. I ended up spraining my wrists and being off my bike for a week or two. I wish I had known about the ballon method then!!!!!! :P :beer:
Rad Dad has a 'how-to fall correctly' vid for hang 5's
you should check it out.
 ;D

I dunno why but I have a bad habbit of not dumping the bike when I fall forward. I automaticaly stick my leg out to catch myself while still hanging onto the bars. 9 out of 10 times its works but every once in awhile I get tangled up and eat sh*t hard.

;D I do the exact same thing.. 9/10 I do save myself but i've had two close calls with smacking my head off the tredmill handle and off a metal stand thing in my garage. I'd rather catch myself most of the time than keep taking falls onto concrete..
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 02:27:55 PM by skylark »

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #379 on: January 28, 2011, 10:49:46 PM »
Trick of the Month Hang 5 with Adam DiClaudio

Trick of the Month Hang 5 David Weathersby

Trick of the Month Hang 5 Andy Cooper

Trick of the Month January 2009 Hang 5 Josh Duffek

Trick of the Month January 2009 Mark Dandridge

Trick of the Month Hang 5 with Will Redd

Here are some older submission from previous years. Hang 5 is always a classic!

Offline SJBMX

• Backpacker
« Reply #380 on: January 28, 2011, 11:06:28 PM »
What will be the next trick of the month?
Ride for fun!

Offline Cdbeatmaster

« Reply #381 on: January 29, 2011, 07:54:33 PM »

My hang5 picture ^^

Thanks to Wouter van der Linde
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 08:01:23 PM by Cdbeatmaster »

Offline Havokflat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #382 on: January 30, 2011, 12:27:17 AM »

My hang5 picture ^^

Thanks to Wouter van der Linde

Nice!
The french don't know Rock & Roll.

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #383 on: January 30, 2011, 02:01:37 PM »
Here is the list for 2011

January- Hang 5
February – Turbine Peg Wheelie Sponsored By Team Mc Duff
March – Cliffhanger Sponsored By Moya
April – Stick B Sponsored by Adam Diclaudio
May- G-turn sponsored by Scott Powell
June- Dump Truck
July- Hitchhiker Juggler sponsored by Bobby Carter
August-Time Machine sponsored by Matt Wilhelm
September- Crackpacker Sponsored by Kris Veal
October-Lung Spin
November- Whiplash
December-Death Truck

Thanks MaykoLee for your feed back. Its now set up with front wheel 1 month and backwheel the next month.

BIG SHOUT OUT to Team Mc Duff Scott Powell and Matt Wilhelm  for sponsoring Trick of the Month!!

You can visit the http://flatstyle.blogspot.com/

Scott Powell Fan Page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/SP/193218080689938?v=wall#!/pages/SP/193218080689938

Matt Wilhelm
http://www.mattbmx.com/
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 06:24:24 AM by raddad67 (Mark) »

Offline datisstom

• Backpacker
« Reply #384 on: January 30, 2011, 04:28:51 PM »
Thanks for putting some beginner stuff in it ! I think I'll be doing cliffhangers and Time Machines in a week!

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #385 on: January 30, 2011, 05:27:29 PM »
Thanks for putting some beginner stuff in it ! I think I'll be doing cliffhangers and Time Machines in a week!

The trick of the month is not designed for a rider to learn a new trick every month. Is is possible? Yes!! 5hane learned Hitchhikers when it was on Trick of the Month.
  When ever you have a few people trying the same trick it creates motivation and creativity. There are more than enough people here that if you want to learn a Cliffhanger or Time Machine we can help you reach your goals. For me personally I learned cliffhanger in about 10 days. Crackpakers 3 years in the making. Everything is different for each person. Approach it with a can do attitude. Even if you don't reach your goal at least you know that you gave it 100% effort. That is all anyone can ever ask of you.
   Most importantly its designed to get you out side to work on riding  your bike. For me personally I don't ride on my back wheel. Every other month there is a back wheel trick that I can't do right now. That means every other month I can pursue some tricks that I can't do yet. Since there is a list I know how much time I have to learn that trick. Even if I don't hit that trick that month. I know that I have made progress and I will keep working on that trick until I get it. It is a Journey that I am taking and it will take more than a month to reach it. Its going to take a life time. I am glad you decided to take this journey with me deep into the world of Flatland.

Keep on Riding!

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #386 on: January 30, 2011, 05:50:51 PM »
What will be the next trick of the month?

Turbine Peg Wheelie Sponsored By Team McDuff!!

Offline datisstom

• Backpacker
« Reply #387 on: January 30, 2011, 06:20:37 PM »

The trick of the month is not designed for a rider to learn a new trick every month. Is is possible? Yes!! 5hane learned Hitchhikers when it was on Trick of the Month.
  When ever you have a few people trying the same trick it creates motivation and creativity. There are more than enough people here that if you want to learn a Cliffhanger or Time Machine we can help you reach your goals. For me personally I learned cliffhanger in about 10 days. Crackpakers 3 years in the making. Everything is different for each person. Approach it with a can do attitude. Even if you don't reach your goal at least you know that you gave it 100% effort. That is all anyone can ever ask of you.
   Most importantly its designed to get you out side to work on riding  your bike. For me personally I don't ride on my back wheel. Every other month there is a back wheel trick that I can't do right now. That means every other month I can pursue some tricks that I can't do yet. Since there is a list I know how much time I have to learn that trick. Even if I don't hit that trick that month. I know that I have made progress and I will keep working on that trick until I get it. It is a Journey that I am taking and it will take more than a month to reach it. Its going to take a life time. I am glad you decided to take this journey with me deep into the world of Flatland.

Keep on Riding!

My point is, that list is nothing for beginners. It would be nice if beginners could post a vid too..

Offline dan4130

• Backpacker
« Reply #388 on: January 30, 2011, 07:00:40 PM »
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 07:02:18 PM by dan4130 »
IF FLATLAND EVER HAS A DEBATE TEAM. I WANT T.J. PERRY AS MY CAPTAIN!!

Offline Lukas @ Innsbruck

• Backpacker
« Reply #389 on: January 30, 2011, 07:19:38 PM »

I think it is a good mix.

Hang 5, Turbine Peg Wheelies and Whiplash are tricks a bigger should learn. I count myself as a beginner and recently did my first whiplash after nearly a year of practising this trick. And Turbine Peg wheelies seem to be fun and I am looking forward to it.