Author Topic: Trick of the Month April 2020 - Karl Cruiser  (Read 341305 times)

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Keep on Riding!! wwww.bmxfreestyler.com
    • BMX Freestyler
Re: Trick of the Month September 2010 - Brakefree Decade
« Reply #240 on: September 23, 2010, 06:06:47 PM »
No I have not see one my self...Maybe some one can give a demostration of one.

New Updates for Trick of the Month

http://www.bmxfreestyler.com/search/label/Trick%20of%20the%20Month%202010

Thanks for the submission Jimmy!!

Offline flaTTech

• Backpacker
« Reply #241 on: September 30, 2010, 05:41:37 AM »
 I wanted to contribute something for Sept. trick of the month, so I made an edit of some brakeless decades I have recently captured, or had not used in a video yet.  Decades without a brake are alot of fun.

Some key points for people that already can do a braked decade, but are working towards brakeless ones is to jump around the headtube a little faster than a braked decade.  Also DO NOT put weight on the bars, this will make the bike just roll backwards.  You have to get a good jump, and kinda make yourself 'weightless' while traveling around the headtube.  This is the reason why the back wheel tends to want to hop off the ground, the rider isn't suporting any of their weight on the handlebars like can be done in a braked decade.  Getting used to the footjam part, and pushing off from the tire instead of the frame can take some time.  Hope this helps.

Brakeless Decade Edit

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #242 on: September 30, 2010, 05:49:46 AM »
Thanks Jeff. I never thought of it in those tearms. I can barly do one with brakes...I have been trying them with out a brake since it is Trick of the Month but putting my foot there is just crazy akward and I have hurt my foot a couple of times just trying to get it planted. I have to say I have shyed away from it even though I would love to learn it. I want to study your vid a bit more. Maybe I can break it down into smaller parts and figure out what I need to do to do it. Maybe not this month but the journey still continues.

Putting this up on BMX Freestyler after this post....

Mark

Offline flaTTech

• Backpacker
« Reply #243 on: October 01, 2010, 01:08:13 AM »
  One thing I forgot to include in the video, and mention, was the easiest way to learn them is the same way a regular braked decade is done..  Both tires on the ground and stop foward momentum with foot jam or a small front wheel endo even easier, especially if that is how you do a regular braked decade..  This is easier IMO then trying to learn them from a peg wheelie, although I didn't figure this out untill after learning them from a peg wheelie.

Yeah Mark, the footjam can feel really weird at first..  And you do have to be careful in how you plant your foot.  Hold your foot sideways, so you don't jam toes first towards frame.  You also have to be careful not to kick the tire backwards when you jump, you have to hold your foot towards the frame while jumping, I don't really just completely wedge my foot into the tire, it is slightly more controlled for me.  That is how I prevent from hurting my foot..  Be careful, and stay safe!  I don't blame you backing off some if things don't feel right..  Always better to not hurt yourself and be able to keep riding, and build up to things!

One reason I think I enjoy doing brakeless decades so much, is that it kinda seems so wrong and scarry!   After doing hundreds of them, I almost still can't help thinking when I ride away "I can't believe I just did that without a back brake !"   lol
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 01:18:12 AM by flaTTech »

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
    • BMX Freestyler
Re: Trick of the Month October 2010 - Mega Spin
« Reply #244 on: October 01, 2010, 06:46:29 AM »
New Month=New Trick The Brakefree decade was picking up on the last day. Now its a Mega Spin. Here is a How to to try and help those that are trying to learn it. Like ME!! I suck at anything spinning.

How to Mega Spin

Keep on Riding!

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #245 on: October 01, 2010, 06:47:29 AM »
Trick of the Month October 2010 Mega Spin Small | Large

Here is where I am as of right now. Hopeing to start rolling backwards this month.

Offline Tuftybmx

• Forkglider
« Reply #246 on: October 02, 2010, 07:03:47 AM »
I can't do a normal megaspin. I get into turbines. I get it to roll back, then pivot out forward. So like 1.5 spins. If I get it to back up a second time, all the momentum is gone. It's super fun still.
I got to see Trevor Meyer ride a couple of time this summer, saw the turbines and about a week later I had a bike again. Best times I've had since I was 14. I'll try to get a vid up soon.
 The best way to get them to back up is to start really slow into a carving peg wheely. Then tip the bike into the carve, you will feel it starting to pause or slow down . Let it rotate around while you start to tip the bike back into the carve. The hardest part really is not pulling the bike/bars to vertical.
Good luck.

Offline aerolitos

« Reply #247 on: October 02, 2010, 11:26:01 PM »
Trick of the Month October 2010 Mega Spin

Here is where I am as of right now. Hopeing to start rolling backwards this month.

As I could see you're like 1 step into rolling backwards!!

I've done a video, that maybe could help you with your month target!!

Backwards rolling - Megaspin

(from 1 second to 28 sec)>>

1) The main thing that helped me out was to understand how the bike reacts when turning from forward to backwards position, that made the hole difference (as for me) was the bar/Frame positioning. For example, as you ride with your left foot at the back peg, when you start rolling into a mega spin your frame will be like tending to right (5 sec to 8 sec) with your left knee partially bent;

2) the second part is the turning to backwards position, which took me like months to do it right, because is was trying it wrong. Important things here: first is that you need to turn your bike at the right "momentun", which is that one in your video when you do a fast circle with the back wheel stopped at the ground (without using the brake). Once you get there, you need to tend your bike to the left!! (9 sec to 13 seg).

"but i don´t know how a turn backwards, it still doesn´t make any sense!!".

Right, so how you practice to enter in that backwards position?? Force your bike to roll in that position with your right foot!! (29 sec to 37 sec)

- Enter in the megaspin with your bike pointing to right
- at the momentun of the spin, put your right foot in the back tire
- point the bike to left and kick the tire backwards!
- stay still rolling backwards and when you hit the momentun again, just turn your bike to right and roll out of the trick moving forwards!

Practice that until you got it dialed. Once there, you need to cheat your head (lol)! do the same step by step as above, but when you put the right foot at the tire, just come close to the tire and kick the air backwards!! (39 sec to 49 sec)

Then, try to make it as fast as you can!!

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #248 on: October 03, 2010, 08:44:46 PM »
Trick of the Month October 2010 - Kenny Boucher

Trick of the Month October 2010 - Alex Johnson

The month is very active already...good to see. Lets see if we can keep the momentum up.

Thanks for the Tips aerolitos. Going to give it another whirl today.

jm

« Reply #249 on: October 04, 2010, 01:34:38 AM »
I tried megaspins today. these are some examples of what hat happened:

totm megaspin: day 1
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 03:26:13 AM by jm »

Offline E-motion

• Backpacker
« Reply #250 on: October 04, 2010, 01:43:52 AM »
Now its megaspin again? wtf. ?

I dont understand this. why not perfect your hang 10 seat grab  first. spend another month or two on it.   learn it to halfpacker etc. 

sorry bud,  dont mean to be rude. but i dont undestand this concept of just because its the first of october you have to start a new trick. and hang 10 seatgrab is not even similar to megaspins at all?  i mean if you triued learning pumping two footed steams or halfpakcers or wheelchairs or carving halfhikers.  somewhat of a similar position. i would understand. but this is just random and wierd. well anyways . bets of luck to you.

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #251 on: October 04, 2010, 04:04:36 AM »
Now its megaspin again? wtf. ?

I dont understand this. why not perfect your hang 10 seat grab  first. spend another month or two on it.   learn it to halfpacker etc. 

sorry bud,  dont mean to be rude. but i dont undestand this concept of just because its the first of october you have to start a new trick. and hang 10 seatgrab is not even similar to megaspins at all?  i mean if you triued learning pumping two footed steams or halfpakcers or wheelchairs or carving halfhikers.  somewhat of a similar position. i would understand. but this is just random and wierd. well anyways . bets of luck to you.

Hey E-motion

I think your not understanding Trick of the Month. The Trick of the Month is not about my personal progression or what particular trick that I am working on. There is a list that I put out at the beginning of the year of tricks that target entry level/Intermediate types of tricks. Tricks that have always done good in the year are Hang 5,Mega Spin,Karl,Hitchhiker. So some of those tricks will appear in the Trick of the Month List. Along with special request for tricks. If you look at the whole year.

January- Hang 10 Seat Grab
February – Hang 5
March – Messiah
April- Karl
May- Switch Hand Steam Roller
June- Hitchhiker
July – McCircle
August – Cliffhanger
September – Brakeless Decade
October – Mega Spin
November-Lung Spin
December- Lard Yard

You can see the last part of the year was dedicated to the Back Wheel. Requested By Omari who does a lot of back wheel. Trick of the Month was designed to motivate riders to go out and learn a trick. Can you learn these tricks in a month? Everyone learns at a different rate. But I know for a fact that riders feed off each other when they are doing the same trick. I have had several people tell me that they have learned a trick because of Trick of the Month. That's what its all about. For the people that know how to do the Trick of the Month already. Throw in some variations of the trick or different combinations in and out. Participate in the dialog in the forum and help others out that are trying to do a new trick.

Can you do a Mega Spin E-Motion? Why not post a video and participate in Trick of the Month.

Keep on Riding!

Offline E-motion

• Backpacker
« Reply #252 on: October 04, 2010, 04:17:14 AM »
oh hey. your right. i  misunderstood what trick of the month is all about

. I though thats the tricks you work on per month.  Like i said - i wasnt trying to be rude. Its hard to tell because you cant see any facial expressions or tone or anything like that. but i was not trying to be rude at all.

I've been thinking about making a how-to for messiahs, frontyards, hafpackers, wheelchairs, etc -tricks that im good at.

I cant do megaspin at all. lol. sorry. i can turbine dork wheelies a little bit very crappily - but thats it.

anyways. keep riding. good luck with those hang 10 seat grabs. peace

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #253 on: October 04, 2010, 04:35:56 AM »
I busted my buns today trying to hit 1 turbine  on those seat grabs. I am get closer every day. I did try a few mega spins. I can only get maybe one rotation. I keep trying though. How-tos are Awesome! You should definitely make some.  I didn't take your post as rude at all. I understood what you were saying and that made sense. You should put up your turbine peg wheelies, Kato and I are going to be shooting a How-To for those this weekend. I think of it as a variation of a mega spin. You can definaltly link it to a mega spin.

I am really amazed at this month so far. We are only on day 3 and there have been several submisions and coversations started. Thats great!! I hope the momentum can stay up.

Keep on Riding!!!! :beer:

Offline Lukas @ Innsbruck

• Backpacker
« Reply #254 on: October 07, 2010, 08:44:48 PM »
I started to work on them. I can not get the spin going. I think it is because i do not turn my head enough

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqRuFxKxNfE&hd=1[/youtube]