Author Topic: Trick of the Month April 2020 - Karl Cruiser  (Read 339712 times)

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Keep on Riding!! wwww.bmxfreestyler.com
    • BMX Freestyler
Re: Trick of the Month June 2010- Hitchhiker
« Reply #135 on: June 15, 2010, 11:26:02 PM »
http://www.bmxfreestyler.com/2010/03/bmx-legends-interview-with-karl-rothe.html

Here is a interview that I did this year with the Man him self!

Keep on Riding!

Offline froghammer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #136 on: June 15, 2010, 11:42:00 PM »
How were you riding in?

Double footed steam. I don't have Karls down enough yet to attempt it from those.
It truly is a romance of many dimensions, isn't it?

http://www.froghammer.com

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #137 on: June 16, 2010, 12:13:42 AM »
My next question is how long can you hold that position in parking spaces....1 - 10. One thing I have learned from Adam is to break the trick down into parts and make your transition after you have compleate that part. He always tells me. Control-Switch-Control-Switch. I have become a firm believer in getting steady before making the change to another position. I think it has been key to where I have made it to so far.

Rad Dad

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #138 on: June 16, 2010, 12:24:55 AM »
Glad you Enjoyed. It was very cool of Karl to take the time to do an interview. Please feel free to leave a comment for him on BMX Freestyler. I think he checks it out every once in awhile.

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #139 on: June 16, 2010, 03:04:23 AM »
I got inot a halfhiker last nite for the first time... Shane's video gave me motivation to try it, even tho i have a killah cold at the moment!!! Will ty to get a mate to film it, as you all know my camera got stolen and im still waiting on a new one...

PM me in regards to what you have received so far.

Neela
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

Offline froghammer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #140 on: June 16, 2010, 06:10:08 AM »
My next question is how long can you hold that position in parking spaces....1 - 10. One thing I have learned from Adam is to break the trick down into parts and make your transition after you have compleate that part. He always tells me. Control-Switch-Control-Switch. I have become a firm believer in getting steady before making the change to another position. I think it has been key to where I have made it to so far.

Rad Dad

I can stay in the double footed steam position for quite a while. Long enough for me to wait until I'm ready to try to pivot the frame around. If I'm not steady I don't even try because there's no point in just hucking myself into the next position all out of balance.

I'll get it eventually. I'm not one of those guys that's a natural rider. I'm thinky and so it takes a lot of hard work for me to get stuff.

It truly is a romance of many dimensions, isn't it?

http://www.froghammer.com

Offline Mario Saldana

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #141 on: June 16, 2010, 06:21:25 AM »

Funny Hitchhiker Crash - Mario Saldana Small | Large

got myself in the balls
IG: mas_xiii

Offline 5hane

• Backpacker
  • Beginner rider / 7 months
« Reply #142 on: June 16, 2010, 01:09:27 PM »
I can stay in the double footed steam position for quite a while. Long enough for me to wait until I'm ready to try to pivot the frame around. If I'm not steady I don't even try because there's no point in just hucking myself into the next position all out of balance.

Ya I totally know what you mean. It's futile to try it before you have control.  What helped me get a little better is to try not to bring the seat all the way around to your side at first, just bring it around as far as you can but still not fall right away. Do that enough and it gets easier to bring the seat all the way around to your side... well that's helped me but I still need lots of practice on this. I'm betting I need about a thousand good tries before I get this down pretty good.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 01:15:47 PM by 5hane »
It's not about the bike. - Lance Armstrong

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #143 on: June 16, 2010, 01:52:39 PM »
That is exactly what I was just about to say 5hane - thats how I learned as well. I am one of those slow learners too. It takes awhile but you just got to keep hitting it and it will eventually all fall into place.

« Reply #144 on: June 16, 2010, 02:53:45 PM »
Funny you guys mentioned Karl Rothe and "dreams" in the same thread...in an OLD interview he talked about keeping a notebook by his bed and he would write down all his crazy trick ideas right after he woke up....anybody else remember that?

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #145 on: June 16, 2010, 06:39:49 PM »
I prefer the double footed steam but I feel best from Karl.

Im trying from Karl cruiser just seems more direct into the trick... Hard tho, like you said best to learn and master each stage at a time...

Offline 5hane

• Backpacker
« Reply #146 on: June 16, 2010, 06:57:36 PM »
That is exactly what I was just about to say 5hane - thats how I learned as well. I am one of those slow learners too. It takes awhile but you just got to keep hitting it and it will eventually all fall into place.

Ya it blows my mind that people can just jump right into the hitchhiker without having the halfhiker pretty dialed. I just can't see that happening for me.

My camera's not charging for some reason so I don't know if I'll be filming :(

::edit:: I said dialed without even thinking about it. I REALLY AM BECOMING A FLATLANDER!!!  ;D
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 07:11:09 PM by 5hane »

Offline 5hane

• Backpacker
« Reply #147 on: June 19, 2010, 06:16:58 PM »
Man, almost had a ride-out today from the halfhiker.  Definitely getting better at riding it but still pretty sketchy. A few times I rode it a good 15-20 feet but can't seem to catch anything on film worth showing.  All my good attempts seem to happen either before or after I film lol.

We got about 11 more days.  Think I should have something film worthy by then.

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #148 on: June 19, 2010, 06:20:49 PM »
Right on. I have been working on my Juggler very hard for this occasion. I have been trying them for sometime now but never really just committe to a bunch of attempts. I get scattered brain and start working on other tricks. I have been so very close the past few days. I am sure it can happen today...No ifing today...I am SURE its going to happen.

Keep on Riding!

Offline 5hane

• Backpacker
« Reply #149 on: June 19, 2010, 08:05:25 PM »

I wanna see that Juggler!  That would be a great trick to have in your arsenal.  Well unfortunately this was the best one I got on film today.  I've riden a few better but can't seem to catch anything good on film.  I seem to tense up cuz it's so hard for me to stay in frame.  Well I'm going to get something good in the next eleven days w/ a rideout, I'm calling myself out  ;D

Halfhiker 2, for global-flat Trick of the Month Small | Large