Author Topic: Quick Question, Help Me Out Guys!  (Read 1816 times)

Phatman

Quick Question, Help Me Out Guys!
« on: May 15, 2013, 11:05:59 PM »
I need to know something guys. My Custom PiR Bars are specific for the Flatware stems width, however im looking into getting a longer stem. I have heard that Flatware will be offering longer stems but it could be an Eternity before they're released. In the mean time i need to know the width of the Odyssey Elementary stem. I really cant run a stem wider than 30mm. If you have one can you measure the width of it at the front for me & let me know.

Cheers Guys, Stay Cool...

Phatman

Re: Quick Question, Help Me Out Guys!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 11:31:56 PM »
Sorry im an idiot! I was thinking of the length of the stem when i typed that out!! My grip tube is 50mm wide & the Flatware stem is 48mm wide. Jim Bauer answered my email & said the Elementary stem is 49mm wide. Think i could get away with it. However Jim has told me they are infact working on a new Flatware stem that is 38mm long! I am waiting for a reply on how long the wait for it will be!

Offline letsgo

• Backpacker
    • Ketch Bikes
Re: Quick Question, Help Me Out Guys!
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 04:04:30 AM »
Ok, so it sounds like the problem is the clamp area of your bars is only 50mm wide. You need a narrow stem.  But you want a long stem 48mm reach.  Fly stems are kind of narrow.