Author Topic: How to improve a slippery floor with white powder  (Read 15526 times)

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
Re: How to improve a slippery floor with white powder
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2009, 07:00:32 PM »
O.K time to stop being silly on my part. Actually this is one of the best post right now. You guys are finally talking about floor issues be it in this post or another.

When we put on an event the first concern is the floor for you all. So TOFlat I hear you. I was happy that you liked Port Credit.
You have time before FU series to explore the floor and make it better, right, so help each other, I know you are not dissing. Event organizers as you all are aware, have much to deal with as it is, sometimes they don't need help but not does hurt to ask and be involved in a positive manner.

I have a question for COW when you built the park in Trinidad how did you go about dealing with the concrete? When we where building Iceland skateboard park, apart from the layout, my first concern was concrete.
St. Lawrence Cement their sister ship Dufferin Cement was the best. This company built the The Toronto International airport runways and some of the concrete highways in the world. Its smooth like butter, and over the years with weather and riding, it will hold better than most concrete parks.

To all the people who've said be it in here or not..."Flatland...they can ride anywhere." Maybe, but not so. When I consider surfers and their world, they have to find the perfect wave, that's much left up to nature...Riding terrain is important to everyone be it man made or not. I am certain all of us have had dreams about riding in the perfect space/lot/surface and in many cases having the right tool(Tires, Boards, Wheels...etc..). Having the right mind set.

So really what makes for best floor for riding and how does one go about improving a space when limited by the landowners restrictions, liability issues and a budget. So good to have this education about the magnesium and having the information available upon request. One can understand why I did not want this post locked sometimes in all the silly or loud talk someone might land some truth and knowledge.

Neela

« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 08:21:18 PM by ASC »
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

Offline Furball

• GF Inhabitant
  • New York rules, Boston drools!
Re: How to improve a slippery floor with white powder
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2010, 02:29:32 AM »
Remember, grammar is the difference between "I helped my uncle Jack off a horse", and "I helped my uncle jack off a horse".

I just started getting into flatland stuff about 3 days ago and suck so far, I blame my sh*tty bike and lack of practice.