Author Topic: How to improve a slippery floor with white powder  (Read 15529 times)

Offline SERGI8

• Backpacker
Re: How to improve a slippery floor with white powder
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2009, 01:52:48 PM »
There is nothing wrong about using it just a few times... The problem is when you are exposed to the chemical for a long time..

We used that kind of "powder" to improve the floor at some contest and it worked really good. It´s a good solution, but it´s not good to use it very often. That´s all

clp

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2009, 01:57:59 PM »
Good idea..! thanx!
So far my shopping mall is allright the way it is but if i need it one day ill do it!..

Oh, f*ck the health issue, I do unhealthier things....  :P
Grow up .

Offline Who-Leo

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2009, 09:06:52 PM »
Got a bunch of these for sale, if anyone’s interested...
Custom!

“Impulsive and unfiltered communication usually costs our relationships dearly. Saying what we want, when we want isn’t modern at all—it’s Neanderthal”

joelweevil

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2009, 01:36:06 AM »
Who-Leo, you got a set I can wear over my glasses? Cuz if so, I want 'em.

Offline Luc

• Forkglider
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2009, 02:02:23 AM »
the white magnesium powder gymnasts and climbers use is actually magnesium carbonate, which is sometimes used in laxatives and food additives so I can't see it is going to be bad for you, more people need to buy a merck index.

Offline SNOOP

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2009, 02:07:21 AM »
Who-Leo, you got a set I can wear over my glasses? Cuz if so, I want 'em.

TJ Perry

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2009, 02:53:03 AM »
the white magnesium powder gymnasts and climbers use is actually magnesium carbonate, which is sometimes used in laxatives and food additives so I can't see it is going to be bad for you, more people need to buy a merck index.

BUT BUT BUT MATTHIAS WANTS TO GIVE YOU CANCER!!!!

this thread should be locked.

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2009, 04:40:54 AM »
Got a bunch of these for sale, if anyone’s interested...
Custom!

HAHA...actually snoops pic reminds me of OCAD(Art College), when I took printing making and photography. I had a 3m mask and filters. One time I had a real buzz when I did not wear my mask, and was in the printmaking shop for over 6hours...back then we only used oil based paints for screening and heavy chemicals for print and screen development.

Locked? Its good to look at the Pros and CON.

...N
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 04:53:59 AM by ASC »
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

TJ Perry

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2009, 05:50:55 AM »

Locked? Its good to look at the Pros and CON.

...N

When people are literally making things up, then it should be locked. There is no pro and con if people aren't going to look into what they're bitching about.

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2009, 07:27:19 AM »
I have seen one Flatlander ride brilliant no matter what the condition of the floor, he has been riding and progressing for many many years)...this should have been closed at first suggestion especially in this day and age surrounding the throw around when it comes to "sustainability".  

Chem use: Much damage when one rides for many hours. There are "green" methods to deal with such things.

eNd.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 10:30:32 AM by ASC »
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

Offline Luc

• Forkglider
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2009, 07:45:02 PM »
I have seen one Flatlander ride brilliant no matter what the condition of the floor, he has been riding and progressing for many many years)...this should have been closed at first suggestion especially in this day and age surrounding the throw around when it comes to "sustainability".  

Chem use: Much damage when one rides for many hours. There are "green" methods to deal with such things.

eNd.

But it's MgCO3, it's not going to hurt you. while I totally agree prolonged exposure to certain chemicals is bad for you (i've been studying chem in college the last 3 years and spent lots of time in labs). this particular one is fine unless you eat A LOT of it or start sniffing it like it was coke , touching it will do f*ck all

Offline tafkat

• GF Inhabitant
    • Jon Lavigne Dot com
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2009, 11:13:46 PM »
I misunderstood the thread title; thought he was suggesting everybody just do a bunch of coke until they don't really care how slick the floor is.

But doing that would be A Bad Thing.

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2009, 03:06:20 AM »
Drama babe, that's all it was... just so when the mother load comes, the after'n'before math during comps....we are gonna hear this post repeating on a constant. LALALALALA...especially when it hits the FU Series...Ya know, eh?

Some folks in here will take to mag like sugar, since a few are known to be stupid extreme. Little monkeys...powder poofs  -_-

N
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 06:26:59 AM by ASC »
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

Offline SERGI8

• Backpacker
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2009, 03:16:46 PM »
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 12:36:23 AM by SERGI8 »

Offline das-owal

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2009, 04:02:57 PM »
Please read tis article:

http://dermnetnz.org/dermatitis/rosin-allergy.html

Finaly the first one that brings information and not just crap comments! Thanks man!
... or maybe they are just little kids bikes and we should grow up!        Paul Osika