Author Topic: How to improve a slippery floor with white powder  (Read 15521 times)

Offline Kevin Brill @ Kassel

• Backpacker
Re: How to improve a slippery floor with white powder
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2009, 08:11:19 PM »
It's not like Matthias get's paid to help you guys out. He gave a solution for a slippery ground, that works for him. You do not have to try it out by yourself neither do you have to talk this solution down.

But dont bitch about that the flatland community is not talking about problems or giving ideas how to solve something while you dont give them a single reason to inform YOU about a solution they just found out.

@das-owal: Meinst du die in Göttingen? Wo ich letztens bei der Jam war? Schade, dass ich so früh gehen musste aber es war mir gar nicht aufgefallen dass da so viel Cola verschüttet war :D

Offline Jason

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2009, 08:11:50 PM »
Simple Green mixed 50/50 with hot water & a scrubber to break off the dirt & oil will clean it. Then come back with a clean bucket of plain hot water and a clean mop. When it evaporates you have a good clean floor to ride on. Use a mild mixture of simple green and cold water to maintain a clean, sticky floor.

Be safe and healthful....the more you do thing safely the longer you live to ride another day.
NOR-CAL FLATLAND.  !!WE Bicycles supporter!!

Day Smith Beanies

Offline SNOOP

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2009, 08:37:19 PM »
LOL, o wow..Jump the guys case for giving advice/ atleast attempting to remedy a wide spread problem..Of the slick floor. Mask with the cartridge filters are around $12. bucks. What he is saying is for the events that maybe know the events floor is a little "controversialy" an issue..To add some of this if the abillity to provide and form something of a consistant OSB/plywood level isnt achievable.
Rock a mask in the application process before the event gets loaded and really underway..or a nite before typa thing? Makes me wonder how this powder, and the machine PSchoolen was running at the jomopro would work out. Could cut down on dust/toxins..But buff to a tacky smooth sheen..who knows..I say its worth a try, now for me to find some in this anti u cant buy anything but a gun state....  

Offline sakis

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2009, 10:41:34 PM »
just use sugar and f*ck the rest.

Offline das-owal

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2009, 11:04:58 PM »
It's not like Matthias get's paid to help you guys out. He gave a solution for a slippery ground, that works for him. You do not have to try it out by yourself neither do you have to talk this solution down.

But dont bitch about that the flatland community is not talking about problems or giving ideas how to solve something while you dont give them a single reason to inform YOU about a solution they just found out.

@das-owal: Meinst du die in Göttingen? Wo ich letztens bei der Jam war? Schade, dass ich so früh gehen musste aber es war mir gar nicht aufgefallen dass da so viel Cola verschüttet war :D

Exactly! Ja du kennst die Halle nicht wie die sonst aussieht...
... or maybe they are just little kids bikes and we should grow up!        Paul Osika

Offline Paris13

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2009, 11:36:28 PM »
Anyone have proof of the magnesium powder can be bad for health? And please tell me why climber still use it? Alot of climber are f*&king Hippy's... so i think they know it can be bad for health, no?

TJ Perry

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2009, 11:40:51 PM »
I just want to know how the hell you europeans are able to score such absolutely sick indoor spots slick floors or not.

clp

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2009, 12:15:18 AM »

Offline Mr.Jowee

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2009, 01:24:16 AM »
I just want to know how the hell you europeans are able to score such absolutely sick indoor spots slick floors or not.

And where the heck do they get buckets of magnesium powder? Try to buy that in the US and the ATF will hunt you down (magnesium is highly flammable, but with a high flash point, and is used in the manufacture of fireworks).

Offline bram

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2009, 02:26:12 AM »
Good idea..! thanx!
So far my shopping mall is allright the way it is but if i need it one day ill do it!..

Oh, f*ck the health issue, I do unhealthier things....  :P
RIP, TO(Y)

Offline Furball

• GF Inhabitant
  • New York rules, Boston drools!
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2009, 05:47:40 AM »
why don't they do something like this @ contest venues?

Dude, contests don't even exist. Look, everyone has to find out sometime kinda like Santa Claus. Sorry...
Remember, grammar is the difference between "I helped my uncle Jack off a horse", and "I helped my uncle jack off a horse".

I just started getting into flatland stuff about 3 days ago and suck so far, I blame my sh*tty bike and lack of practice.

Offline TOflat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2009, 06:24:11 AM »
Well, Matthias said it'd be perfect for the floors in Toronto, which, god help me, I'd rather get cancer than ride those floors year after year, but, it's what we're cursed with to have a popular spot to ride every year ;D

Who knows, I like the coke idea. Just coke and water might work wonders too. Cheaper in the long run.

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2009, 06:29:49 AM »
Simple Green mixed 50/50 with hot water & a scrubber to break off the dirt & oil will clean it. Then come back with a clean bucket of plain hot water and a clean mop. When it evaporates you have a good clean floor to ride on. Use a mild mixture of simple green and cold water to maintain a clean, floor.

Be safe and healthful....the more you do thing safely the longer you live to ride another day.

+1

I guess MD wants a quick flammable short life.

Alright...Let him experiment for the next few years, if no side effects and it works great, if not sue the f*cker for the idea since a its pro suggestion after all what they do effects regular folks!
 :P :wacko: ;D

TOFLAT I am now counting complaints about the floor, do one thing, help clean and improve the floor during the CFO FU comps, or get Rona, Lumber blah blah to sponsor ply, f*cking do something than bitch! Every comp has come and gone, but those guys have been doing for years despite BS after BS, even when you all wore stench filled nappies wah wah wah! ;D

Kiss Kiss...N

« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 06:47:16 AM by ASC »
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

Offline TOflat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2009, 07:00:39 AM »
They wouldn't let me clean the floors last year. Something about hurting myself with a mop? Ah well, I am the accident prone one.  :wacko:

I have in the past asked Home Depot and Rona to donate both hardware and lumber for a few causes. Also small cash donations for Cancer. I got a big fat "Sorry, we will not donate to any cause not properly sanctioned by something something". To cover an area the size of what's usually taken by the flatland area would be probably around 200 bucks for the really flat smooth stuff. If anything my boss at the shop used to be a manager of a lumber yard, I can ask tomorrow and get a solid quote.

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2009, 07:23:11 AM »
RONA sponsored our BMX jump box and after use we ended up donating it to Toronto Dufferin BMX park. We also had everything inspected before donating after all one is liable. This is something MD should think about before making a public suggestion as a pro rider regarding magnesium. He maybe helping but it is not good for health.

Its all in how, say, and do.

You would have to get clearance by the CFO guys, since this is their gig, before you ask your boss, right?

...my only concern is, be positive and think good when someone places an event. Trust me they are thinking about you the rider, nor an easy task when with little resources and sponsors who aren't trust worthy...N

« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 09:08:02 AM by ASC »
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE